REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (https://www.revscene.net/forums/558339-curious-case-benjamin-button.html)

nabs 01-03-2009 09:12 PM

i saw it, one of the best movies i have ever seen, definitley top 10 material.

nabs 01-03-2009 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illuminate (Post 6204522)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

shenmecar 01-03-2009 09:20 PM

i think it showed 5.

deerock 01-03-2009 10:48 PM

Movie details are hard to summarize as it was relatively long and the plot did not follow a specific plot/objective. In the end, it definitely makes you reconsider your own goals & outlooks. One of those movies that leave you thinking; 4.65/5.

Note: take a piss before you start watching this movie.

!SG 01-04-2009 12:40 AM

Spoiler!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nabs (Post 6204557)
Spoiler!

6793026 01-06-2009 08:15 AM

There's so much to say about this movie aside from being 3 hr movie.
It was a great movie and I could see it winning the best picture and directing however I would be very disappointed if Brad Pitt won any awards. Brad Pitt was Brad pitt in the movie, he looked good with his eyes. The movie didn't have anything for him to act out the emotional side of him to that (aside from his mild accent throughout the movie), I don't think he should even be considered for any awards. At least in forest Gump, tom hanks had to act out a few emotional scene during the war, the love relationship with his wife and obviously for this retarded character.

i didn't think Taraji P. Henson (the mother of Brad) was that great to even deserve best support nomination. Also when I watched Tilda Swinton (she was the swimmer / booty call), at times, I couldn't tell them Tilda (Elizabeth) and Cate Blanchett (daisy) apart at times cause they both have that British accent / look to both of them.

I would have enjoyed it more if it had a more in depth story line because the movie moved extremely slow. You can literally remove the entire Chelsea gun boat blue screen story line and still have a great movie. The movie will be remembered as a great love story with Cate Blanchett and add in a dose of Tilda Swinton for second bit of love interest. I mean, everyone was 'awwwing' during the last half of the movie going thru the Brad & Cate Blanchett's love story and ultimately the end where Cate was getting old. The first half of the movie needed more content; Tilda's apparance / story line just wasn't enough.

RacePace 01-06-2009 08:24 AM

^I agree about Brad, he's just a bit too reserved/cool as an actor. But really, in real life, a LOT of guys are like that. Some guys just don't have that much to say (narration doesn't count) or show too much emotion in terms of shedding tears. Especially the kind of character that Benjamin Button is, he would definately be the deep thinking & and world weary kind of man.

Tilda Swindon is incredible, too bad I don't really think she's really a leading lady kind of actress.

Greg C. 01-06-2009 12:12 PM

I thought it was solid, but very derivative. Considering the Director's (David Fincher) resume (Se7en, The Game, Fight Club, Zodiac) I would have expected a much fresher movie. This one felt like a GM Place hotdog, in that it was cobbled together from the spare parts of other movies. 7/10

Kamui712 01-06-2009 02:29 PM

The concept is intruiging, I think the movie could've been edited or directed differently. My personal preference would've been to balance the amount of time spent between old, mid, and younger years. The end of the movie felt compressed.

I would've also preferred that they didn't jump back and forth between present and past so much it ruined the feel. I.e In the Green Mile, i believe they only had the "present" time in the start and end of the movie, it flowed much more nicely.

6793026 01-06-2009 02:50 PM

^^ good call. I think you're right, they spent so much time on brad being old, that was so dragged out. I would have loved to see the younger brad with the love relationship a bit more. I really enjoyed the last bit of Cate Blanchett then again, during those part, there was no Brad pitt no more and how much more can she do with the baby bit...oh well. great movie, but i really wouldn't think it'll be a best picture winner let alone best actor.

nismosx 01-10-2009 11:19 PM

Spoiler!

Delish 01-11-2009 12:15 AM

Great movie. It didn't feel as long as it was, although I probably could have done with most of the scenes with him and the boat. But for the most part, I don't think they would have been able to cut out any scenes without compromising the storyline. Sometimes throughout the movie I'd have trouble actually hearing what people were saying. Maybe that's just me though.

Brad Pitt in his early 30s and 20s was HAWTT. He looked exactly like James Dean.

spoilerish
Spoiler!

Either way, great film. I'm glad I watched it in the theaters. Honestly, I think that if I downloaded it and watched for the first time on my computer, I would have lost interest at many points.

Jobo 01-11-2009 11:53 AM

Heres a good quote from the movie:

"Life is made of opportunities, even the ones we miss"

spagheddie 01-15-2009 08:39 PM

lol at the part when he was playing with his toys.

AzNightmare 01-16-2009 05:28 PM

To be honest, I don't see how the hell does it make the movie seem interesting by just the trailer. But because EVERYONE says it's an awesome movie, I think I'm gonna consider it. Seems like it's worth the money. I might go see it tomorrow in that case.

mako 01-16-2009 06:14 PM

by no means does the trailer make people want to see it (not for me at least) but im a brad pitt fan and the story of a man being born old and all made me want to see it

Gary Oak 01-17-2009 06:57 PM

honestly the movie was abit to long

$_$ 01-17-2009 10:31 PM

i found it really boring and fell asleep O_O

so did my gf .. :S and she ususally loves these "love movies"

Amuse 01-17-2009 10:41 PM

Spoiler!

Ulic Qel-Droma 01-18-2009 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.H.C (Post 6230339)
i found it really boring and fell asleep O_O

so did my gf .. :S and she ususally loves these "love movies"

haha, watch it in 7 or so years, you'll appreciate it more as u can relate to more of his life.

mc25 01-18-2009 08:41 AM

I loved this movie, the plot and acting was superb. It is a very touching story, about life and differences and overcoming them. I am a brad pitt fan as well, and he did a terrific job.

Spoiler!

tough 01-18-2009 10:37 AM

honestly one of the best movies ever

Aetios 01-20-2009 01:39 AM

It was a fantastic movie filled with many life-pondering quotes. Try not to compare it with other movies like Titanic or Forest Gump, it will just ruin the movie for you, just watch it for what it is. Too many ginger skanks in it though, and Brad Pitt sounded like Elmer Fudd with his Louisiana accent. Some scenes were like a pedophiliac's wet dream come true.

Here is a quote that stood out for me:

"For what it’s worth, it’s never too late, or in my case too early, to be whoever you want to be. There’s no time limit... start whenever you want... you can change or stay the same. There are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. I hope you see things that stop you. I hope you feel things that you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life that you’re proud of and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

mc25 01-20-2009 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3zee (Post 6234466)

"For what it’s worth, it’s never too late, or in my case too early, to be whoever you want to be. There’s no time limit... start whenever you want... you can change or stay the same. There are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. I hope you see things that stop you. I hope you feel things that you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life that you’re proud of and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

Yes good quote. That, among a couple others, are very inspirational, and insightful, which is another reason I really love the movie. It makes me feel like seeing the world and becoming a better person and overcoming obstacles. (corny, but true lol)

mako 01-21-2009 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3zee (Post 6234466)

Here is a quote that stood out for me:

how the heck did you remember that whole quote from the movie?!