REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-02-2009, 07:52 AM   #26
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
On my 09 RDX, I have the factory Michelin Pilots M&S....I can't believe how wicked it is in the snow with all season rubber. For anyone questioning SH-AWD, it works extremely well. In fact, when I turn off the traction control, you can really feel the the all wheel drive system transferring power all over the place! Please note what makes the SH-AWD system better than traditional all wheel drive systems is that Honda's (same style of awd system as GTR) awd system uses clutch packs Vs viscous couplings to transfer power....way faster. The crazy thing about the awd system is that when the car starts to understeer, your first response is to back off on the throttle, however the correct move is to give the car more throttle to activate the awd system and transfer power to the oustside rear wheel.

I used to have a 05 TL and the RDX handles way better. No front end plowing anymore. Just need more power.
Advertisement
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:42 AM   #27
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3guy View Post
On my 09 RDX, I have the factory Michelin Pilots M&S....I can't believe how wicked it is in the snow with all season rubber. For anyone questioning SH-AWD, it works extremely well. In fact, when I turn off the traction control, you can really feel the the all wheel drive system transferring power all over the place! Please note what makes the SH-AWD system better than traditional all wheel drive systems is that Honda's (same style of awd system as GTR) awd system uses clutch packs Vs viscous couplings to transfer power....way faster. The crazy thing about the awd system is that when the car starts to understeer, your first response is to back off on the throttle, however the correct move is to give the car more throttle to activate the awd system and transfer power to the oustside rear wheel.

I used to have a 05 TL and the RDX handles way better. No front end plowing anymore. Just need more power.
my buddies mdx also has the same tires (i believe honda pilot does too) and also is sh awd and his got stuck a few times in this snow. he was very dissapointed
winks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:51 PM   #28
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

don't blame poor driver skill on the car....
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 11:34 AM   #29
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM_CTR View Post
RDX is a stellar car, but is not REALLY AWD, power is split 90% front -10% ,
but when needed it can xfer upto 70% of the power to the rear wheels, and that 70% can be split between the rear left and right wheels.

Also when accelrating off the line, more power is transfered to the rear.

The SH-AWD system is a really good AWD system. The reason for the 90%/10% power split is for fuel economoy. This is under normal conditions.
keitaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:57 PM   #30
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Thanks everyone.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Please close thread.
noke777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 03:16 PM   #31
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,173 Posts
Well what happened? Did you get one?
roastpuff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:32 PM   #32
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

holding off for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastpuff View Post
Well what happened? Did you get one?
No haven't bought one yet, was very close but no cigar. Not in a hurry so will just keep shopping.
noke777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:04 PM   #33
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noke777 View Post
No haven't bought one yet, was very close but no cigar. Not in a hurry so will just keep shopping.
why don't you get an American SUV?

You can easily bargain 10k off the sticker price...
orange7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:52 AM   #34
Rs has made me the man i am today!

yes gotta love the SH-AWD, no problem at all in the snow
Old 02-08-2009, 07:41 PM   #35
Banned By Establishment

go to Richmond acura and talk to Gurp, tell him Geoff & Fon sent you. Richmond acura is not on commission and he was the only person to approach my wife and I. So we bought our RSX from him and later on an MDX.
He also has connections in at other dealers too. He helped our friend get a better deal on her mazda 3. She managed to get the next model up for the same price as the base, that the dealer she was at wanted to sell her.
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote