REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-05-2009, 06:36 PM   #26
Banned By Establishment

payback
Advertisement
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:44 AM   #27
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Just beat them up. Who cares. It's Canada. You know the thief will get away with a slap on the wrist, and you'll get a slap on the wrist as well.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:52 PM   #28
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Some of you may have not even noticed, but new user registration and guest viewing has been turned off Since Jan 1st. This was due to the negative media attention towards this site and its users. We were trying to protect all the users from any attacks coming from the uneducated public after most media outlets displayed us as a "hate website." Now that everything is starting to turn around and the truth seems to be slowly making its way back out there we feel the site can re-open. This isn't to say that new users will not come on here and make slanderous comments towards this site, but I please ask you to refrain from feeding these animals and just report the posts/threads so the staff can clean it up and remove these problem users.

We take pride in the fact that WinnipegHeights.com is free and open to anyone in the world of any race; it always has been and always will be. We are glad that you can come on here and speak your mind without having to worry about "media edits." However rules have been in place since day one, and anyone breaking them will be dealt with. Please make sure to read over the site rules again here. Please do not change the way you post or be fearful of the media taking your thoughts out of context, do not let them dictate the way you display yourself, be proud to speak your mind.

From the past we all know that not every user on WinnipegHeights.com gets along, but since the outrageous comments made about our site and its users I have seen everyone come together and stand up for what is right. I thank everyone for their support, and ask again that you step back and do not lower yourself to the level of the possible "trolls" that may come on here over the next few days.

We have now re-opened the site to its normal state, and its back bigger and better than ever!! We just happened to start some major upgrades over the holidays so stay tuned and hang in there if you see any problems over the next few days.

I would like to thank Kevin, Brody, Rodney, Ben, and all the other Heights staff for the help and support over the past few days to keep this site going strong and clear of all garbage. I would also like to thank CBC Television and Radio for getting the correct story to the public, its nice to see that there is still one news source out there that knows to get all the facts first.

Kelly Marsden
kumbo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:09 PM   #29
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Aforementioned CBC story (I assume, it's the only related thing I could find at cbc.ca):
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/st...e-justice.html

Quote:
Winnipeg police continue to investigate a possible case of vigilantism in which New Year's Eve revellers are supposed to have beaten a man who was allegedly trying to break into vehicles in St. Boniface.

Police were called to Horace Street in St. Boniface just before 2 a.m. last Thursday to investigate a report of an assault.

When officers arrived, they found several men on the street, including one man who appeared to have been assaulted, said Const. Jacqueline Chaput.

Someone at the scene took photographs which were posted to a Winnipeg-based website, WinnipegHeights.com. The photos, later taken down from the site, show a bloodied man, wearing a T-shirt and jeans, curled up on the snowy ground.

Police were told that partygoers had seen a man trying to break into cars in the area.

The host of the party told CBC News that one of his guests saw a man about to break into a car as he was leaving the party early New Year's morning. The alleged thief was restrained by some houseguests but, said the homeowner, the alleged thief was not beaten.

The homeowner, who asked not to be identified, said one of the party-goers was stupid and immature to post photos of the man on the internet.

Police refused Monday to say any more about their investigation but warned citizens not to take justice into their own hands.

"The Winnipeg police service would never, ever condone any type of vigilantism by any individuals who do locate people that may be involved in a crime," said Chaput.

There's no word on the man's injuries but he was released without charge after being taken into police custody.

"The most important thing here is that nobody should take the law into their own hands," Chaput said. "By engaging in vigilantism, you could be subject to charges yourself, and I'm not saying that's what's going to be the case here, but we are going to investigate further based on the allegations."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:12 AM   #30
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

The alleged thief was restrained by some houseguests but, said the homeowner, the alleged thief was not beaten.

So nobody "beat" the would-be thief. Then how did he get all bloodied and bruised?

The stories just keep changing. Funny how the "original" comments made seem to fit the evidence while the new "official statements" given by the husband, wife and others don't. The police know what this means: they got caught and are trying to adjust their stories to make them appear innocent. Too bad the "new" stories" don't fit the evidence.

It's interesting the police made so many comments about not taking justice into your own hands. I still say they'll press charges.
ericthehalfbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 08:06 AM   #31
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Was probably the cops that beat him... they love their Metis in Winnipeg!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote