REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Island Off-Topic

Island Off-Topic "Must you always talk about cars?" Not in here.
For other things in life..

Old 02-24-2009, 10:22 PM   #26
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

It doesnt matter which side its on as long as it if face side up. With the photo evidence there is no ticket on the drivers side. But also there is no picture of the passenger side ( the side the ticket was on).

Now lets say for example the ticket was unreadable i.e: upside down. Then fine thats my fault, take a picture and show me
Another example, lets say I didnt even put a ticket on the dash, fair enough. Take a picture of bothsides proving there is no ticket.

But when you take a picture of just one side that gives me the benifit of the doubt, and the probablility that the ticket is on the other side. With no evidence proving it wasnt on the other side how can one determine who is wrong or right? In this case I think I should have gotten re-embursed.

That being said its sort of a lack of evidence for them, and it provides them with a weaker case if someone were to dispute it, like I did.

In the end they always win, I hate the parking authority.
Advertisement
Old 03-04-2009, 02:45 PM   #27
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Pay parking angst is part of life in Victoria. Right up there with Hipster hate and Fixed-gear cyclist rage.

In regards to Adam's initial question, sounds like she had some tickets, did she lend her car to anybody for like a week? Hell, even a day in Vic can yield numerous tickets. Said hypothetical friend would have to be a real asshole though.
94 JDM GC8
FS:
91 Sambar truck 20k kms. $5800 pm for details.
93 Supercharged Sambar Dias Van 5k kms$7200
h0tSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:56 PM   #28
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,797 Times in 1,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaru View Post
igeemctwist.... forgive me if I'm playing devil's advocate here, but doesn't it say on the back of the ticket that it must be displayed face-up on the driver's side of the vehicle dash?
I have a ticket in front of me. All it says is "PLACE FACE UP ON DASH". It does not say anything about what side of the dash on the front or back of the ticket.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:43 PM   #29
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
I have a ticket in front of me. All it says is "PLACE FACE UP ON DASH". It does not say anything about what side of the dash on the front or back of the ticket.
i always put my ticket on the passenger side sinc ei grab my bag last and its i the passenger seat (from outside car)

no problems yet
Fleemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:29 AM   #30
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

i dunno how the boot works, but i think if i get booted ill just take the tire off and use my spare then find a way to take off the boot at home, then go to the robbins office and install it on one of the employees vehicles

atleast that would be fun to do, i dunno if i actually would
Imperium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:47 PM   #31
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperium View Post
i dunno how the boot works, but i think if i get booted ill just take the tire off and use my spare then find a way to take off the boot at home, then go to the robbins office and install it on one of the employees vehicles

atleast that would be fun to do, i dunno if i actually would
it not robins parking that puts the boot on, its some other company, and they would still charge you up the ass for the boot, so its still a loose loose situation
Old 03-31-2009, 08:41 AM   #32
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

loose like a rock bay hooker.
94 JDM GC8
FS:
91 Sambar truck 20k kms. $5800 pm for details.
93 Supercharged Sambar Dias Van 5k kms$7200
h0tSX is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: