REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-13-2009, 04:02 PM   #26
Need my Daily Fix of RS

i got a redic $100 ticket just for walking off a lot
complaind to them 3 times and got 50% off.
n yea this question sounds rly familiar... pretty sure its bin askd b4
Advertisement
Old 02-13-2009, 11:30 PM   #27
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benz_05TSX View Post
I told them I was in the middle of disputing, but they start callin after. They use to call 3-4 times a day, now 3-4 times a week after the new yrs.. I do want to dispute, but I don't want to argue or even deal with Impark. My frd did the same thing and got only $10 too...

Ya I heard about that. It's just they dun stop calling and I think I hav 3-4 tix.
think you can change your phone number?

i duno my coworker still receives notices to pay the tickets through mail, not sure about phone calls
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:57 AM   #28
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

i have like 3 tickets from them and it went to wiggins... then they keep harassing my house number daily... at like 830 am... then they just stopped because one time i picked up and said the person you are looking for moved out.
Nvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:14 AM   #29
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

There is an easy way to get these people to stop calling.

According to the BUSINESS PRACTICES AND CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT;

(4) A collector must not continue to communicate with a debtor
(a) except in writing, if the debtor
(i) $has notified the collector to communicate in writing only, and
(ii) $has provided a mailing address at which the debtor may be contacted,

see this link: http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bcl...eside/04002_09

Simply send the collections agency a fax stating you wish to be contacted by written correspondence ONLY and state the mailing address at which they can send mail to you. Provide your full name and be sure to clearly note what matter pertains to (i.e. parking ticket for license plate number ABC 123) sign the fax, and record the date you sent it. Keep the fax. You also need to send the same fax to the creditor (i.e. the parking lot company such as Diamond Parking).

Also, in the same fax, tell them you wish to dispute the ticket and all related charges in court. They wont take you to court because it's your word against theirs, they won't win. The cost of pursuing the matter in court far exceeds the sum they can hope to recover.

Lastly, a parking ticket and fine from a private parking lot WILL NOT and CAN NOT affect your credit rating. You did not borrow money from them and not pay it back. Parking tickets from the city or a government entity, however, is a different story.
baddabing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:53 PM   #30
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

what if they put the wrong license plate number from the owner's car on the ticket???
shungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:02 PM   #31
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

dont pay them. They can hurt your credit as much as if you refuse to pay me if i decide to go over to your house right now and ask you for $100. If you're really worried about getting ticketed and towed again while in their lot, pay $18 for a plate change at ICBC.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:46 PM   #32
RabidMod

Thanked 1,099 Times in 407 Posts
Anyone know if collection agencies will always call from the same number? (ie from different extensions)