REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 02-12-2009, 01:17 AM   #26
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
i want to know, does sweating lots actually help cure a fever faster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 06:30 AM   #27
My homepage has been set to RS

neocitran is the answer
Old 02-12-2009, 09:27 AM   #28
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
i want to know, does sweating lots actually help cure a fever faster?

for a majority of people, yes it does work. i dont know the concept or idea behind it, i just know it works. But there are the few who dont benefit from this. Those who try to sweat their fever out tend to get the bad shakes. I forgot what its called but its almost like a chill but the person feels extreme warmth instead of cold. I personally have seen this because my sister did this before when we tried to do the "sweat-it-out" technique. My technique is turning the shower heat to full blast and waiting till the bathroom feels like a sauna. I stay there for a good 10mins. or till i sweat.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:33 PM   #29
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuse View Post
I'm finally feeling better now. When my flu is gone completely, I'm going to treat myself to a big bowl of pho!

lol seems like we got sick the same day, and recovered the same day too! haha
SpoonFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:50 PM   #30
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoonFit View Post
lol seems like we got sick the same day, and recovered the same day too! haha
Lol that's kinda funny.
How long did your flu last? 2 weeks?
Old 02-12-2009, 09:30 PM   #31
Corny FTW!! MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by haymura View Post
for a majority of people, yes it does work. i dont know the concept or idea behind it, i just know it works. But there are the few who dont benefit from this. Those who try to sweat their fever out tend to get the bad shakes. I forgot what its called but its almost like a chill but the person feels extreme warmth instead of cold. I personally have seen this because my sister did this before when we tried to do the "sweat-it-out" technique. My technique is turning the shower heat to full blast and waiting till the bathroom feels like a sauna. I stay there for a good 10mins. or till i sweat.
I can see how working out a fever of cold would work. Essentially, your body produces heat as defense mechanism against infection. If and when you work out your metabolic process speed up creating more heat for your body to fight off the infection.

Obviously, don't do it to the point of passing out. I've done it a couple of times when I feel something coming on or feel my lymph nodes swollen I hit up the treadmill and it seems to go away. Instead of giving me a full blown cold from hell experience. Which used to last me WEEKS before...

Sponsored by:
Soundsgood

For all your car audio needs!
#3-910 Tupper Avenue
Coquitlam, BC V3K 1A5
Shop: 604-961-8626
www.soundsgoodauto.com

Hours of Operation: Tuesday through Saturday, 9:00 to 6:00
FeistyBearH22a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:55 PM   #32
(ノº _ º)ノ彡┻━┻

my cure for a fever is sweating it out! i load up on clothes, wrap myself up and sleep.

doesn't your body heat up to kill whatever it is that's making you sick? i can't remember...
jnesss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:36 AM   #33
Kick' In' Duh' Bass

Thanked 1,692 Times in 405 Posts
I know this will sound not normal and completely idiotic BUTTTT if you have a fever one effective way of drawing the heat out of your body is with vodka! no no not drinking it but rubbing it on your body! what will happen is you feel very cold and it will actually cool you down and evaporate all the heat curing the fever. You can also take a shot or two for that extra kick lol. Try it! believe it or not thats what my mom used to do when i was little.

> 2005 Acura TSX ASPEC <
> 2003 Acura RSX-S <
> 1994 Acura Intergra LS <
> 1994 Honda Civic SI <
> 1991 Acura Integra GS < ( RIP )
-EuroRSN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:02 AM   #34
Retired moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by -EuroRSN- View Post
I know this will sound not normal and completely idiotic BUTTTT if you have a fever one effective way of drawing the heat out of your body is with vodka! no no not drinking it but rubbing it on your body! what will happen is you feel very cold and it will actually cool you down and evaporate all the heat curing the fever. You can also take a shot or two for that extra kick lol. Try it! believe it or not thats what my mom used to do when i was little.

LOL i've actually heard of that! Old Chinese people use to tell my mom to rub Chinese rice wine on my body when I was running a really high fever.

girl@revscene.net

girlはラップダンスをしたことがありません
Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:55 AM   #35
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvxo View Post
I've had a fever since saturday afternoon. I've been taking advil/tylenol every couple hours because the fever keeps coming back.

Any thoughts on what I should do now? If I go to the doctor, he'll give me tylenol or something.
Fever below 102C is normal, dont put it out, let the body heat fight out infection. If i were you , i would take a hot bath, and wrap myself in a blanket and sleep it off.