REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech

Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Suspension components, brakes, Wheels and Tires. All things related to how your car handles...

Old 02-23-2009, 04:25 PM   #26
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,904 Times in 751 Posts
I'm surprised you were even worried about your paint cracking since it looks like it's been rattle canned...
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2009, 09:03 PM   #27
RS controls my life!

i dont even care about the paint. dont remember mentioning that. crack all it wants. im putting on a new colure somtime next mounth if i got time
Old 03-02-2009, 05:32 PM   #28
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

anyone know somebody in vancouver/richmond/burnaby that can roll 2 fenders under $100???

tahnks
Old 03-02-2009, 06:09 PM   #29
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp3cial_K View Post
anyone know somebody in vancouver/richmond/burnaby that can roll 2 fenders under $100???

tahnks
check out the whole thread. Jun will do it for yah . im still waiting to do mine , just my car isnt insured. I'm sure he'll be glad to giv yah a hand
Old 03-03-2009, 09:16 PM   #30
RabidMod

Thanked 1,099 Times in 407 Posts
Okay I need a lesson here.

What do you guys mean by "pull"? Are you actually pulling the fenders outwards away from the car? Up til now I thought the only things you could do were to roll the lip inside the fenders, or to cut the fenders right out and attach flares - this is new to me.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:41 PM   #31
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
man up dude, grab a dremel, hold a steady hand and get to choppin... then seal it with silicone so it wont rust, done deal plus it gives you a tiny bit more clearance than rolling.

its what I did, and came out perfect...

i dont have any rolling shots of my car, but my stance is identical to this guy's
Old 03-05-2009, 09:18 PM   #32
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidRat View Post
Okay I need a lesson here.

What do you guys mean by "pull"? Are you actually pulling the fenders outwards away from the car? Up til now I thought the only things you could do were to roll the lip inside the fenders, or to cut the fenders right out and attach flares - this is new to me.
roll is roling inner fender flat.. pull ur pull the fender outwords
Old 03-05-2009, 09:19 PM   #33
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adon View Post
man up dude, grab a dremel, hold a steady hand and get to choppin... then seal it with silicone so it wont rust, done deal plus it gives you a tiny bit more clearance than rolling.

its what I did, and came out perfect...

i dont have any rolling shots of my car, but my stance is identical to this guy's

I just might do this.. do yo think i cna pull it tho? with say somting. even if i cut it it wont be enough so i need to pull it a bit ... lmk.. good job btw
Old 03-05-2009, 10:03 PM   #34
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
I don't know much about pulling, hell.... I knew nothing about cutting fenders until one day I just ended up doing it, turns out I did it by the books from what all the G and Z guys told me, guess I got lucky.

as far as pulling your fender, personally I would rather go with more negative camber or with a more stretched tire instead of trying to pull the fender.
But if you're planning on repainting the fender anyway, then by all means pull away.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:32 PM   #35
RabidMod

Thanked 1,099 Times in 407 Posts
hmm i'm definitely going to look into pulling. how hard is it to do it evenly? is this something you necessarily have to take in to a bodyshop for?

i can't mess around with camber and i definitely can't minimize my contact patch for what i use my car for, so this is really my only option when rolling won't be enough