REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 06-02-2013, 07:52 AM   #1676
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
by doing it more.
Advertisement
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:48 PM   #1677
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,474 Times in 543 Posts
Golf balls are good for developing soft hands, practice while watching tv keeping your head up
Posted via RS Mobile
RevYouUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:28 PM   #1678
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
Finally made the decission I'm going to buy all new gear and start playing again. WOW equipment has changed since I stopped playing 11yrs ago. Shit I have really only used wood sticks before lol

May as well toss it out there if anyone has hook ups? I only have Graf Supreme skates and hockey pants right now. Need everything else.

I'm friends with the owners of the hockey shop but I don't want to look like a cheap fucker looking for a deal
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:31 PM   #1679
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Just letting you guys know I have a bunch of hockey stuff for sale if you are interested.

Thanks

http://www.revscene.net/forums/68487...ckey-misc.html
rsx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:01 AM   #1680
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
Finally made the decission I'm going to buy all new gear and start playing again. WOW equipment has changed since I stopped playing 11yrs ago. Shit I have really only used wood sticks before lol

May as well toss it out there if anyone has hook ups? I only have Graf Supreme skates and hockey pants right now. Need everything else.

I'm friends with the owners of the hockey shop but I don't want to look like a cheap fucker looking for a deal
My suggestion is getting stuff online (hockeymonkey.com etc), or going to Sports Exchanged on Burrard. IMO, you are better off with a good wood stick, than a shitty composite stick. Lower end composite sticks are heavy, and is more likely to break faster than a good sher wood 5030
Old 06-05-2013, 08:12 AM   #1681
In RS I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
My suggestion is getting stuff online (hockeymonkey.com etc), or going to Sports Exchanged on Burrard. IMO, you are better off with a good wood stick, than a shitty composite stick. Lower end composite sticks are heavy, and is more likely to break faster than a good sher wood 5030
I used to play Jr A so I'm not going to buy shitty gear/sticks. I was thinking about getting it online but I've always tried my gear on first and since I'm so picky with how everything feels I don't think going that route would be a good idea for me. I do want to save money tho dammit.

I snap Sherwood sticks like that in half when I take slap shots and that was before I had the extra weight behind me that I have now. I don't even know what my favorite curve is called now, used to be the Forsberg but I have a feeling they haven't called it that since 2000 lol
Old 06-05-2013, 08:52 AM   #1682
RS Veteran

Quote:
I used to play Jr A so I'm not going to buy shitty gear/sticks. I was thinking about getting it online but I've always tried my gear on first and since I'm so picky with how everything feels I don't think going that route would be a good idea for me. I do want to save money tho dammit.

I snap Sherwood sticks like that in half when I take slap shots and that was before I had the extra weight behind me that I have now. I don't even know what my favorite curve is called now, used to be the Forsberg but I have a feeling they haven't called it that since 2000 lol
forsberg would be the modano clone aka pm9, every major company still makes a variation of that pattern, so you should be fine
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2013, 09:00 AM   #1683
In RS I Trust

awesome thank you, hardest part will be fining out what stick to get I think. I'm very picky and took me forever to get the one that worked perfect for me.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:38 AM   #1684
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
awesome thank you, hardest part will be fining out what stick to get I think. I'm very picky and took me forever to get the one that worked perfect for me.
In the past 11 years sticks have changed so much. Any ideas on what kind of stick you want? Mid-kick? Low-kick point? Once you can figure that out you can limit your stick choices.

What did you use before?
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #1685

It always takes me over an hour to finally choose a stick when I'm in the store, I usually Google a couple reviews on my phone while I test them out as well haha. If you're worried about ordering online, go into the store and test out/hold a couple twigs, then order the one you're finally happy with.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:12 PM   #1686
In RS I Trust

I dont even have a place to play yet.

$1000 spent so far and I aint done yet, I already had pants and skates. Still need Elbow pads and the bag and shit.

This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2013, 07:01 PM   #1687
x_x

Looks like some nice pickups. I loved my RBZ before it broke, lasted a good 30 games and took quite a beating.
jdmhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:03 PM   #1688
In RS I Trust

I so didn't know what stick I was going to get so fuck it may as well get the best. I don't know about the white blade its kinda odd
Old 06-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #1689
RS Veteran

Quote:
I so didn't know what stick I was going to get so fuck it may as well get the best. I don't know about the white blade its kinda odd
Ive heard a ton of great things about the rbz. I would try it out myself but there isn't any curve patterns that I like from CCM. where did you end up getting your stuff?

Skates and stick are probably the only gear I don't cheap out on.. everything else is meh when it comes to mid level to high level. People don't see it anyways .

BTW I know guys that run dropin 2x a week... If you ever need somewhere to play, let me know and I will give you their contact info.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2013, 07:12 PM   #1690
x_x

The only thing i dont like about the white is how marked up it got from pucks, other ppls sticks etc.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:15 PM   #1691
x_x

Also another good thing i noticed about the RBZ is when it chipped, the fibers never frayed or anything like it has on my Bauer/Warrior sticks. It was like a clean chip that didnt really affect anything.

Ill prob end up buying another one for my next winter season
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2013, 07:16 PM   #1692
In RS I Trust

Ended up going to the hockey shop. Went with the Tavares curve which was closest to the Forsberg I could find. Looks like I'm going to be playing at Planet Ice in Coquitlam. Buddy separated his shoulder and they need someone to take over his summer league spot.

If anyone needs a drop in player let me know, gotta get back at this
Old 06-05-2013, 07:22 PM   #1693
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
i LOVE getting new gear, or seeing someone else overhaul their stuff. looks like sweet stuff murd0c
97 Civic CX (POS)

!Nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2013, 07:40 PM   #1694

Nice haul! Like it all except that buckey, not a fan of Reeboks but to each their own haha. I've been wanting to try an RBZ for quite some time, it may be my next twig.

Got a great deal on these APX mitts, should be different than my traditional Eagle 4-rolls. Digital palms, doe.

If anyone runs dropin in Richmond during evenings, let me know! Always looking for more ice.

Last edited by kristianhay; 06-05-2013 at 07:45 PM.
kristianhay is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2013, 07:47 PM   #1695
In RS I Trust

I can't stand buying new year, I'm so fricken picky it drive me crazy. Still need elbow pads which I didn't really find anything I liked so far. This is so big for me, I have been talking about this for years and finally sucked it up spent the cash.

Something has been missing in my life for a while and I think its hockey.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #1696
In RS I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristianhay View Post
Nice haul! Like it all except that buckey, not a fan of Reeboks but to each their own haha. I've been wanting to try an RBZ for quite some time, it may be my next twig.

Got a great deal on these APX mitts, should be different than my traditional Eagle 4-rolls. Digital palms, doe.

If anyone runs dropin in Richmond during evenings, let me know! Always looking for more ice.
I have always been a Bauer fan and was very surprised how nice the bucket fit me. I guess it's my round fat head lol

Buying that stick was painful, not using a stick like that before and spending that kinda dough hurts
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2013, 08:27 PM   #1697
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
If anyone needs a drop in player let me know, gotta get back at this
My friend runs tue and thur nights all year at Richmond Ice Center. Cost is $15. Right now times run from 1045pm-12pm and winter it's 11pm-1215pm.
If you're interested let me know and I'll forward you his number

Quote:

I use APX gloves for ice and they are so nice!

Also, read above for drop ins in Richmond
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2013, 08:43 PM   #1698
RS Veteran

I had a reebok 8k when it first came out and i loved it.. it broke, and I didn't want to shell out that much money at the time.. went for the ccm v10. comparable but wasn't as light/comfy as the rbk. Currently using the bauer 7500 and love it. I don't like helmets with all the gimmicky adjustment dials etc.

for gloves i like them simple. no dri fit material crap. currently using eagle ppf's, but had the bauer 4 rolls, and also warrior franchises to name a few. When the palms on my Eagles go, I'm going to repalm them in goatskin
Old 06-05-2013, 08:56 PM   #1699

^^ I'll grab that number just in case, it's a little late when I have to wake up at 7 but maybe I can rejig my sched.

I went from a Bauer 7500 to a 4500. Timeless fit and comfort, and I love how it looks. Agreed that I don't like all the gimmicky adjustments.

I've been a traditional 4-roll guy, but figured I would try some APX's after trying a friends. Picked them up for $100 so I can't complain. I'm coming from Eagle X95's, they're a bit thrashed now. PPF's, 4-rolls and Franchises are all really nice mitts too.

I would go for digital palms if you're going to repalm them, they're great.

Quote:
For those who have not heard of digital, it’s the thinnest performance palm available on the market, similar to the palm you’d find on a pair of golf gloves. Digital palms are a performance palm and is not warrantied and that’s probably why retail model gloves don’t come with them.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #1700
RS Veteran

Quote:
^^ I'll grab that number just in case, it's a little late when I have to wake up at 7 but maybe I can rejig my sched.

I went from a Bauer 7500 to a 4500.. Timeless fit and comfort, and I love how it looks. Agreed that I don't like all the gimmicky adjustments.

I've been a traditional 4-roll guy, but figured I would try some APX's after trying a friends. Picked them up for $100 so I can't complain. I'm coming from Eagle X95's, they're a bit thrashed now. PPF's, 4-rolls and Franchises are all really nice mitts too.

I would go for digital palms if you're going to repalm them, they're great.
not a big fan of digital palms. I actually like a thicker palm. I am the type that likes more fabric between my hands and the stick lol.

7am? you can be in bed by 1 and still get a solid 6 hours sleep! . I used to play when I had to wakeup at 5am. I don't do that anymore though