REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:15 PM   #1551
easy e

Interesting. Will have to wait for my two one95's break to even think about a new stick. Seems like blasphemy looking for new ones when current ones are still alive!
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
saiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:27 PM   #1552
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Their sticks aren't as sexy as the other brands, but they are solid, consistent, and reliable.
My teammate who got in early got a "prototype" stick which was jet black with sharp lettering. Naked finish and sharkskin blade. Best looking stick I've seen!
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:37 PM   #1553
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods View Post
My teammate who got in early got a "prototype" stick which was jet black with sharp lettering. Naked finish and sharkskin blade. Best looking stick I've seen!
they still offer the all black. also offer an all white and all red. you have a picture of the "sharp lettering"
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:46 PM   #1554
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

My Base is a 75 SR. They also offer 75 INT. I don't remember but I think Ronning told me that 75 is the lowest for SR.
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:00 PM   #1555

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post
they still offer the all black. also offer an all white and all red. you have a picture of the "sharp lettering"
He probably means the Supernatural. It's not really a prototype... Base just tried to drive up the hype with sending these to guys to "test." I use the term "test" very loosely because all these testers had to pay for their sticks. Pretty much everyone who applied to "test" got selected.

The SuperNatural

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thGear. View Post
My Base is a 75 SR. They also offer 75 INT. I don't remember but I think Ronning told me that 75 is the lowest for SR.
Lowest is 75. I don't think any manufacturer makes a 65 SR.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:29 PM   #1556
UFO

My 65 could very well be an int, but it feels like a Sr shaft to me dimensionally, or at least close enough. My other sticks are sr and I don't notice any difference aside from some shafts being more round and some more square
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:01 PM   #1557
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Anyone know a stick i can use for inside gym floors instead of those cosmos sticks?
rsx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:50 PM   #1558

Use something with an ABS blade.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:32 PM   #1559
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickz View Post
He probably means the Supernatural. It's not really a prototype... Base just tried to drive up the hype with sending these to guys to "test." I use the term "test" very loosely because all these testers had to pay for their sticks. Pretty much everyone who applied to "test" got selected.

The SuperNatural

Lowest is 75. I don't think any manufacturer makes a 65 SR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueG2 View Post

Yup that's the one. Polar Fiber finish is what I meant (not naked). With the sharkskin blade, it was a very good-feeling stick. I didn't get to shoot around with it much since I was playing goalie the day my teammate brought it out, but he says it's the best he's used (he's used one95s, TOs almost exclusively though)
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:32 PM   #1560
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

i have a discount card to ice level and im looking at some clearance skates and when i asked if they will accept my discount card they said no because its marked down already.

nowhere on the card it says they dont do discount for clearance items, it just says 10% off

am i supposed to get the discount or was he correct?
Nvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:13 PM   #1561
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3thods View Post
Yup that's the one. Polar Fiber finish is what I meant (not naked). With the sharkskin blade, it was a very good-feeling stick. I didn't get to shoot around with it much since I was playing goalie the day my teammate brought it out, but he says it's the best he's used (he's used one95s, TOs almost exclusively though)
gotcha. yea i have seen the supernatural.. the bauers that you listed are all mid kick sticks. the supernatural is a low kick, so it's not really fair to compare the two. Would be interesting to see how you friend likes the Supernatural compared to say, the APX. I want to try the Natural, as I like mid kick sticks
Old 04-05-2013, 06:30 PM   #1562
UFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvasion View Post
i have a discount card to ice level and im looking at some clearance skates and when i asked if they will accept my discount card they said no because its marked down already.

nowhere on the card it says they dont do discount for clearance items, it just says 10% off

am i supposed to get the discount or was he correct?
That's usually how it is. Smaller stores (ie. not Sportchek) are not as generous or liberal with their prices and how much stuff goes on sale. I wouldn't be surprised if the 10% discount was just off regular price goods.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:24 PM   #1563
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
That's usually how it is. Smaller stores (ie. not Sportchek) are not as generous or liberal with their prices and how much stuff goes on sale. I wouldn't be surprised if the 10% discount was just off regular price goods.
Kind of crappy they wouldn't honour it as it is only 10%. Small price to pay as they are a mom and pop shop and are trying to get people on their side rather than going to the corporate kings. Then again, if their clearance stuff is reduced a lot, they would be losing even more.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:11 PM   #1564
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

i actually went down and spoke to them and tried on some skates. im still debating between a few pairs but they have great service and since they are a mom and pops i will buy from them.
Nvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:05 AM   #1565
UFO

Typically with mom/pop stores, when stuff goes on sale or clearance, its more or less at their cost pricing typically. So expecting 10% off on top of that may be tough for them to be able to meet. With big box stores, if they lose a bit of money on your 10% off they can easily make it up in other areas/departments

As you mentioned, with the smaller stores, its all about the great service. With that said, I've haven't had great experiences with Ice Level, but they have been just ok. YMMV
Old 04-07-2013, 11:12 PM   #1566
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

are there any places with stick n puck after 6pm?
jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:36 AM   #1567
retired

Picked up 2 Scheiders old model (but brand new) Sherwood sticks at the Canucks store for $80/each.

Truenosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:51 AM   #1568

how do you guys tape the top of the stick? i shoot around alot and i have tape on the top and it really eats away at the glove quick
jack3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:47 AM   #1569
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack3d View Post
how do you guys tape the top of the stick? i shoot around alot and i have tape on the top and it really eats away at the glove quick
i use regular tape, then the grip tape over... if you have good gloves, it shouldn't really get eaten up that easily. try to stay away from the digital stuff.. nash and goatskin etc are pretty durable
Old 04-09-2013, 07:40 AM   #1570
UFO

+1. I'm on my third year with pro stock palms and they are still going strong, playing ice and roller year round. I was worried at first because the leather seemed so thin and the gloves were so soft brand new.

with cheaper gloves the top hand palm would start to chew through after a year or so.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:55 AM   #1571
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Anyone know when the retail CCM RBZ skate will be for sale?
Posted via RS Mobile
Kilinim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:12 PM   #1572

Comes out in July, no exact date has been announced yet.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:41 AM   #1573
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,645 Times in 446 Posts
Just to ask you guys a question cause I know a lot of you guys are hockey nuts....

If a retailer were to offer a mobile app, that allowed you to order a stick via your smart phone and have it delivered to the rink within 30 min....would this be a service that you guys would use?

Say the event you guys broke your stick in the 1st period, you would have a new stick taped and ready to go by the 3rd....

I know most people have a back up today, but not everyone have 2 identical sticks, and the back up usually is a "crappier" stick.

Just wanted some feedback on this......thanks!
skiiipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:00 PM   #1574
UFO

I'm assuming the service won't apply for sale priced sticks. I'm also assuming this 30min delivery service would not be free.

I'm a cheapass and never pay retail pricing for sticks, esp. Canadian full MSRP, so I would not use it.

Because I'm cheap I also don't have a data plan on my phone :P
This post thanked by:
Old 04-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #1575

honestly I would never use that lol. Most guys who use the high end sticks can't really afford the 280+ price tags so they would rather spend the time to look for good deals.
Posted via RS Mobile
True.True is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: