REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:51 AM   #1826
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
woops, didn't see this thread for a couple of days!

I just picked up the Eagles a few months ago. I love the vintage look and they go well with whatever color jersey I happen to be wearing. They also get used twice a week, so no way am I getting rid of them.

The Hockey Shop has them in stock though. 14" and 15" sizes, iirc.
They're about two bills though, which is why it took so long for me to pull the trigger on them.

As for gear, it's part of being a goalie. Most guys I know rotate their equipment regularly. I'm in Sports Replay weekly both buying and selling gear. It's an addiction, and when I meet a goalie who has been using the same gear for a decade, I can't help but think he's not getting the full goalie experience.

I'm going through a jersey fetish right now. Just picked up an uncrested, goalie cut, white Washington Caps jersey. I would have worn it today at drop in, but the other goalie cancelled.

No way am I going against a shooter tutor again...
Advertisement
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:09 PM   #1827
they call me the snowman

edit:
Old 07-04-2013, 04:56 PM   #1828
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

20% off hockey monkey right now
Posted via RS Mobile
Kilinim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:03 PM   #1829
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
pre-ordered the rbz stage 2.. can't wait!
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-08-2013, 09:24 PM   #1830
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Landeskog or hossa lol
Posted via RS Mobile
True.True is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:07 PM   #1831
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by True.True View Post
Landeskog or hossa lol
Posted via RS Mobile
Landeskog. Gonna give it a shot, especially since the same guy that designed that pattern, did Easton's e28 as well.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-11-2013, 07:47 AM   #1832
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

anyone know of a good place to get custom jerseys made?
Also anyone looking to play full time winter at Burnaby 8 rinks? We have 3 roster spots open. PM me.
VR6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:47 AM   #1833
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

How custom do you want to go and how much do you want to spend? Do you just want to take a stock jersey and add logos to it or do you want to go full custom?
Old 07-11-2013, 08:57 AM   #1834

Nothing to crazy/fancy
Good quality, standard nhl crest on the front, number on 1 shoulder, number sewed on the back, standard nhl color ex red/white.
From looking online and the options i listed something like that will cost us $70-80 each for 16 jerseys.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:29 AM   #1835

Yeah that sounds about right. I did a set of AK brand jerseys maybe 4-5 years ago locally with heat pressed 2 color font logo and 1 color back numbers which ran $60-65 taxes in.

Have you looked into sublimated options as well? It'll save you a bit compared to cut and sewn logos/numbers but won't look as cheap if you were to go the heat press route.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:42 AM   #1836

No i just started looking
Any idea who did yours?
Old 07-11-2013, 09:45 AM   #1837
they call me the snowman

^I priced it out at the hockey shop, and it would have come close to $100/jersey for a team.
We ended up going with sublimated Firstar jerseys, and all said and done we got out of there with a cost of $65/jersey. That was at the Cyclone Taylor in Surrey.

Back to it;
I played my second week as a backup goalie for an ASHL 19+ group A team, and figured it was time to get some new gear. When buddy's slapshot feels like a gut punch from 35 feet away, you need new gear.

So I counted all the pennies in my couch cushions, and sprung for this.

Vaughn LT90 Pro spec.
After trying on the Vaughn V5, Bauer Pro, Warrior Pro, CCM 900 series, Brians Sub Zero, I found that the LT fit the best. I wore it last night for the first time, and it performed flawlessly. A couple minor adjustments, and it will be perfect.

So I say goodbye to an old friend.

More like, good riddance.....
This post thanked by:
Old 07-11-2013, 09:53 AM   #1838

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR6GTI View Post
anyone know of a good place to get custom jerseys made?
Also anyone looking to play full time winter at Burnaby 8 rinks? We have 3 roster spots open. PM me.
Try Laga Sports. Located in Burnaby. My ashl team currently uses them and so did my roller team.

http://www.lagasports.com/

Btw. Got details on your team? Weeknights or weekends? What div?
Posted via RS Mobile
6thGear. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:04 AM   #1839

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
^I priced it out at the hockey shop, and it would have come close to $100/jersey for a team.
We ended up going with sublimated Firstar jerseys, and all said and done we got out of there with a cost of $65/jersey. That was at the Cyclone Taylor in Surrey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thGear. View Post
Try Laga Sports. Located in Burnaby. My ashl team currently uses them and so did my roller team.

Custom Hockey Jerseys and Socks for Ice, Roller and Ball hockey

Btw. Got details on your team? Weeknights or weekends? What div?
Posted via RS Mobile
Thanks Hypa, good to know

Ive been looking at the laga sports website and they don't show any pricing, which is annoying when there is hundreds of other sites that give you all pricing details.
pm'd

Last edited by VR6GTI; 07-11-2013 at 10:11 AM.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:45 AM   #1840
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post

So I say goodbye to an old friend.

More like, good riddance.....
what will you do with the old C/A?
BallPeenHammer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:25 AM   #1841
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,141 Times in 385 Posts
Did you get a lot of stingers with your old chest protector?

I think I used that same unit in ball hockey a few years back and i was the worst for stingers.
Posted via RS Mobile
TjAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:45 AM   #1842
they call me the snowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallPeenHammer2 View Post
what will you do with the old C/A?
I was going to bring it to Sports Replay in Langley.
They're good for getting rid of old gear, plus it gives me an excuse to head out and see if they have any hidden gems people have traded in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjAlmeida View Post
Did you get a lot of stingers with your old chest protector?

I think I used that same unit in ball hockey a few years back and i was the worst for stingers.
Posted via RS Mobile
I found that for ball or roller hockey, it was good. It has a massive 6 and 7 hole (between the arms and body) and that was one of my biggest criticisms of the unit. On the ice though, anything over 75mph and you would feel the puck. The closer the shooter was, the more damage it would do. In anything less than C level, it's not an issue. But once you start seeing A and B level shots, it just didn't have the protection.

How the hell I ended up in an A level net is still a mystery to me. But man, these are the best hockey players that I've ever played behind. Evander Kane played with them during the lockout, and I was told that his all of his releases were top shelf/bar down, even his off balance backhand shots!

Last edited by originalhypa; 07-12-2013 at 07:07 AM.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:50 PM   #1843
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

^ JEsus man......that's epically hard.

As for the C/A....if you're givin it away I can donate it to the ball hockey program I help run in Vancouver =)
BallPeenHammer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-11-2013, 03:58 PM   #1844

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR6GTI View Post
No i just started looking
Any idea who did yours?
I had mine done through this shop called Mainland Athletics. They're no longer around but when I was shopping around most shops had around the same prices. I chose to go with them because I wanted to support a small shop.

For the quotes you got, were they for a fully embroidered crest? You could also save a couple bucks by going with screen printed or sublimated twill and then stitching it onto the jersey. If you go with a fully sublimated jersey and don't mind shopping online, I've heard good things about Junkyardathletic and Avida Sportswear. They're top end products but still cost around what you've been quoted so far.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:49 PM   #1845
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Had an opportunity to try some sticks out the other day. These are the ones that I can recall using:

(As a reference, my current stick is a RBZ - 75 flex - Hossa)

1) Bauer APX2 - p92 - 77 flex: despite the overall stick being longer to what I am currently using, the blade had fantastic feel to it when handling the puck. My shot was effortless as I let the stick do pretty much all the work due to the longer length; however, I felt that my timing was really off as I prefer to put more muscle into it. The P92 shot as expected with a decent amount of pucks going just over the crossbar =/

2) Easton V9 - e28 - 85 flex: quite a sharp looking stick. This is a standard taper as opposed to the V9E (elliptical). Took a couple of shots with it and I was done - couldn't handle the curve. Great I guess for those times when you are on a breakaway and need to quickly discard the puck into the netting.

3) Bauer NXG - p08 - 87 flex: I have used a variety of sticks in my day but I realized that I have never really shot around with a Supreme. Anyways, similar result as the e28 pattern. I would need a lot of time and shoot about a hundred pucks to get used to those curves!

4) Easton V9 - e36 - 100 flex: The new e36 - verrry nice. Very 'close' to a p88 as it was just a tad longer. Perfect. Pucks went exactly where I wanted them to go. With the stiffer flex I could really lean in and put my weight into the stick and did not have to worry about my shots going over the net. For more versatility (slap shots, one-t's, etc.) I'd go for an 85 if I had the chance.

I'm sure we use all types of curves and flexes and whatnot here but I hope this helps gives some insight to anyone looking to buy a new stick in the late summer/fall!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg apx2.JPG (170.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg eastonvelocity.JPG (120.6 KB, 0 views)
YzerWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-14-2013, 04:45 AM   #1846
RS Veteran

I couldnt get used to the p08. the supreme line is fantastic for clappers, as I am a big mid flex fan. I had to sell my p08 after using it only 3-4 times. My passes and shots were going all over the place. I want to try the e28
Old 07-14-2013, 02:10 PM   #1847

Anybody on here use aftermarket steel like Step or Black edge?
Old 07-14-2013, 02:34 PM   #1848
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
thoughts on x40 stick? they're pretty cheap from hockeymonkey and i need a new roller stick after i broke mine yesterday
97 Civic CX (POS)

!Nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:03 PM   #1849
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Nhan View Post
thoughts on x40 stick? they're pretty cheap from hockeymonkey and i need a new roller stick after i broke mine yesterday
the problem with roller hockey is that low-mid level sticks will explode after a couple games of roller because its made with a combination of carbon and fiberglass. BUT if you get a high end stick that may last a bit longer, you're spending top dollar on ROLLER hockey... catch 22 if you ask me. You're better off getting a 2 piece for roller. My base blades hold up best for roller. I can go through a solid half a season before it starts to break down somewhat.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-14-2013, 03:27 PM   #1850
Mod.

Thanked 1,769 Times in 684 Posts
the stick itself is $60 right now, and i'm waiting for a sale for 20% off clearance. my previous one i had lasted almost 3 seasons, until i broke it out of frustration yesterday over the crossbar. it broke rather easily which meant it was on it's last limb regardless.
97 Civic CX (POS)

!Nhan is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: