REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-10-2009, 08:05 PM   #26
HELP ME PLS!!!

clay bar!
Advertisement
alex.w *// is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:20 PM   #27
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

sometimes i wish someone did this to my whole car so i can get a new paint job for 300$.
simsimi1004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:41 PM   #28
My homepage has been set to RS

My car got spray painted a few weeks ago in the States while at the outlets. There are light dots all over the front. Not extreme, looks like lots of bug splatters.

Haven't had time to fix it yet, but my buddy is a bodyman and says that we are going to try claybar/ cut and polish. He says it should work.
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 12:13 AM   #29
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoursyumiko View Post
Some motherfucking kids just spray painted my 09 fit from headlight to back door yesterday..
What can I use to remove the spray paint but not damaging the paint on the car itself?

Thanks
Bring it to any body shop. A simple wipe with paint reducer will take the spray paint off. Then a quick polish will bring the clearcoat back up. Pretty simple task for any body shop. Just make sure they use paint reducer and NOT gunwash/paint thinner.
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 05:41 AM   #30
Banned By Establishment

Either you pissed someone off REALLY badly...

or kids are just being fucking assholes these days... reminds me of the time someone threw a bucket of white paint on some cars in metro parking lot...

Probably annoyed I took them out in MT XD

That being said, it's not hard to recognize my car anymore
Shun Izaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 07:05 AM   #31
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

yeah.. have used claybar works good if you wax ur car regularly.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:23 AM   #32
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsimi1004 View Post
sometimes i wish someone did this to my whole car so i can get a new paint job for 300$.
the paintjob i have now is pretty cheap even though it's new, I want my whole car painted! but then I wouldn't know what colour, white is pretty nice maybe a metallic grey, or Adon white

Is it wrong to be driving a car that you love but at the same time wanting someone to damage it so you can write it off and get new stuff?
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 07:44 AM   #33
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvtofu View Post
the paintjob i have now is pretty cheap even though it's new, I want my whole car painted! but then I wouldn't know what colour, white is pretty nice maybe a metallic grey, or Adon white

Is it wrong to be driving a car that you love but at the same time wanting someone to damage it so you can write it off and get new stuff?
If you make a claim due to vandalism ICBC will NOT let you change the color of the car. They actually send out an estimator from ICBC to visually inspect the vehicle before it is released from the repair shop.
shantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 07:55 AM   #34
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

take some paint thinner and put some on a towel.. and wipe down the spray painted areas... it should come out if it is recent.

if not.. try to claybar and/or polish the rest out... you can usually bring it to a shop and ask them how much it would cost to cut and polish just one side...