REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 03-25-2011, 02:18 PM   #3751
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
It's quite hard to make a comparison when a lot of those skilled players/HOF played during pretty much a "different" generation of basketball
I agree..i'm not the one who brought it up... Wasabisashimi or whatever his name is said it LOL..
Advertisement
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 05:02 PM   #3752
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0ob View Post
I've stated it before;

It's not so much that I hate Kobe as much as it is that I hate the people that can't get off Kobe's dick and keep thinking he's something that he truly is not...
he's the best player in the nba right now, he knows it, we know it but he's not great compared to the other players on the top 10 all time list

stop comparing players and just enjoy the game, he's raking in rings why hate?
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 05:17 PM   #3753
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
There's a difference.

We are both Kobe/Laker fan and also BBALL fan so we follow and stick by our favorite team/player.. you my friend are just a BBALL fan.

Let me ask you this... Who's your favorite player? just so I can tell you to get off his dick too and keep thinking he's something that he truly is not...

Not a big fan of anyone? THen you just proved my point... jsut watch and enjoy the games and be a fan of the sport.
My favourite player is Dwyane Wade, do you see me jumping on his dick? No, because I'm a realist and I like his game for what it is. I'll be the first one to tell you LeBron is the best player on that team and the only reason why I like LeBron is because I have to now that he's on my favourite team...

Quote:
Originally Posted by liu13 View Post
he's the best player in the nba right now, he knows it, we know it but he's not great compared to the other players on the top 10 all time list

stop comparing players and just enjoy the game, he's raking in rings why hate?
Wow, he is NOT the best player in the league right now. Argghh, he USED TO BE the best player, and nobody in the league today is better than Kobe was in his prime but NO, Kobe IS NOT the best player in the league TODAY.

I don't really want to get into this conversation as I'll just be labeled a "hater" even though all my points will be very valid and the only rebuttal I'll receive is "you're a hater".

The fact is, I'm a realist.
n0ob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 05:36 PM   #3754

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
It's quite hard to make a comparison when a lot of those skilled players/HOF played during pretty much a "different" generation of basketball

exactly good point, the league's defense was tougher from the 80's to late 90's a lot more physicality was allowed.... for example you could easily say Jordan would have averaged 10 more ppg if he was playing now, but at the same time it would be tough to say if Kobe would average 10ppg less if he was playing back then..

but as far as attitudes I've said it before and say it again 20 years ago players were friggin MEN, think about it, Barkley, Malone, Jordan... like literally men, and the players today I mean you could find them in their off time fcking around playing video games, twittering, etc... more likely to be doing the exact same shit we're all do in our 20's right now...

so yea imo, it's a comparison between men and boys for the most part
Old 03-25-2011, 05:56 PM   #3755

Knicks lose to the Bucks for the 4th time this season...It's official: The Knicks suck.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:42 PM   #3756
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts

fucking nuts... d rose's part was killer
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 04:21 PM   #3757

Knicks down to the Bobcats by 13 at halftime...
Old 03-26-2011, 04:33 PM   #3758

fck as badass as D. Rose is I will cry the day he busts an ACL and loses like half his athleticism, he's done for if that ever happens, his game is very heavily dependent on athleticism, and it's too bad he's only 6'1.... if he was 6'7 wow that would be some scary fckin shit
Old 03-26-2011, 05:28 PM   #3759
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Lolololol. Just watched the highlights for spurs vs blazers.
Posted via RS Mobile
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:00 PM   #3760

Thanked 1,320 Times in 578 Posts
The Knicks suck like crap. I wouldn't be disappointed if they didn't even make the playoffs.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:55 PM   #3761
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
fck as badass as D. Rose is I will cry the day he busts an ACL and loses like half his athleticism, he's done for if that ever happens, his game is very heavily dependent on athleticism, and it's too bad he's only 6'1.... if he was 6'7 wow that would be some scary fckin shit
Yeah I agree with you that he depends alot on his athleticism,
but compared to last season, hes improved tremendously in both mid-range and 3-pt shooting.
Porschedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:52 AM   #3762
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Stay on topic yalllz
Posted via RS Mobile
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:48 PM   #3763
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Chris Paul lost most of his speed thanks to his knees, but he's learned how to play effectively going half speed and he's still in the top echelon of PG's. MJ lost his athleticism as well and he turned to his fadeaway in the post which was unguardable, Kobe is trying to do the same thing to extend his career.
Sir_Loin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 03:14 PM   #3764
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Heat vs Rockets
71 - 68 at halftime LOL
Porschedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:02 PM   #3765
Banned (ABWS)

Glad to see Wade come back in the 4th. Miami's big three all with 30+ points
LookHere_Sucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:51 AM   #3766
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

D rose is sick. He better win MVP.
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:46 AM   #3767
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Doc Rivers really frustrated with his team; Rondo injured too, though I think they're gonna be back to normal in the playoffs

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:11 AM   #3768

Quote:
Originally Posted by illapeeno View Post
Chris Paul lost most of his speed thanks to his knees, but he's learned how to play effectively going half speed and he's still in the top echelon of PG's. MJ lost his athleticism as well and he turned to his fadeaway in the post which was unguardable, Kobe is trying to do the same thing to extend his career.
i see what you tried there, but that is a horrible comparison man sorry.....

Chris Paul is one of the most unique point guards to ever play the game, Steve Nash level court vision and passing ability is what allows him to remain one of the top PG in the world even without the full use of his athleticism.... D. Rose is nowhere near that level of PG skills and never will be, because that type of skill set is something you're born with not something you learn.....

best way I could put it is D. Rose is basically a bigger stronger Allen Iverson, all of AI's strengths without any of the weaknesses... which is scary insane because AI is arguably the greatest scorer in NBA history simply because he defied logic with his size but insanely unbelievable ability to get to the hoop and finish for such a small player, but nothing else really, bit of midrange jumpers but what does that mean to a 6 footer really anyway.... that's what I meant when i said if D.Rose was taller and bigger it would be game over, like a second coming of MJ in Chi Town... i mean shit, imagine is AI was 6'7 and 215, gotdamn!

but look at what's happening to AI now that he's not as fast and athletic as he used to be and the brain has stopped clicking and reading situations like before, dude's playing in Turkey

and MJ is fckin MJ nuff said.... also he was 6'6 and 220lbs which makes it a lot easier on a player to revert to a simpler style of play, imagine Rose trying to body and post up and fade away on players, too small too skinny, and jumper isn't there. .... And Kobe has MJ's skill-set and size so the same goes for him.

hey btw guys, i just got my copy yesterday, am about half way done reading, yall need to go pick this up!

Last edited by G-spec; 03-28-2011 at 10:18 AM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2011, 01:27 PM   #3769
Banned (ABWS)

i dont even know how u can rank anything past the top 100

are they ranking by peak, impact or career? if it's peak it should be shaq at 1
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:13 PM   #3770
RS.net Licensed Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
i see what you tried there, but that is a horrible comparison man sorry.....

Chris Paul is one of the most unique point guards to ever play the game, Steve Nash level court vision and passing ability is what allows him to remain one of the top PG in the world even without the full use of his athleticism.... D. Rose is nowhere near that level of PG skills and never will be, because that type of skill set is something you're born with not something you learn.....

best way I could put it is D. Rose is basically a bigger stronger Allen Iverson, all of AI's strengths without any of the weaknesses... which is scary insane because AI is arguably the greatest scorer in NBA history simply because he defied logic with his size but insanely unbelievable ability to get to the hoop and finish for such a small player, but nothing else really, bit of midrange jumpers but what does that mean to a 6 footer really anyway.... that's what I meant when i said if D.Rose was taller and bigger it would be game over, like a second coming of MJ in Chi Town... i mean shit, imagine is AI was 6'7 and 215, gotdamn!

but look at what's happening to AI now that he's not as fast and athletic as he used to be and the brain has stopped clicking and reading situations like before, dude's playing in Turkey

and MJ is fckin MJ nuff said.... also he was 6'6 and 220lbs which makes it a lot easier on a player to revert to a simpler style of play, imagine Rose trying to body and post up and fade away on players, too small too skinny, and jumper isn't there. .... And Kobe has MJ's skill-set and size so the same goes for him.

hey btw guys, i just got my copy yesterday, am about half way done reading, yall need to go pick this up!

Indeed, AI for life tho

AI goes in, and does a layup after passing his defender. Rose on the other hand, twists his body and gets some circus shots to go in, if not dunk on someone's face.

IMO AI has more jump shots than rose.

www.drivehard.ca
140/150 11351 Bridgeport Road
Richmond, BC
604-270-2494

Official dealers of : Volk Racing, Vossen wheels, Yokohama, Gram lights, KICS Project, Status Racing Seat, AMS tuning, KW Automotive, Work Wheel, VMR Wheel, Macht Schnell, Tein, Defi, Vishnu Tuning, HRE Wheel, MXP Exhaust, Vorsteiner, Varis, Arqray, Techart, Champion, Iforged, NEEZ Wheel
DHP 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-28-2011, 02:22 PM   #3771

^ it's sad what's happening with AI right now man, shitty end to a great career..

liu they explain it in the very first page the whole ranking system if you pick up the magazine, i will post a picture of that page and also the explanation by Rick Telander...
and YES Shaq came in at an awesomely defiant 4!

By Rick Telander

Talk about an argument? I’m trying to cruise through this list of the greatest basketball players of all time, and I can’t get past No. 2! Wilt Chamberlain was better than No. 7, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar? I mean, giant Kareem scored more points than anybody in NBA history, won six NBA titles, a record six regular season MVP awards, three NCAA championships at UCLA, and… OK, so giant Wilt scored 100 points in an NBA game, averaged over 50 points in a season, led the League in rebounding 11 times, shooting percentage nine times, and once led the League in…assists. Hmm…

Strap yourself in, boys and girls—this is an all-day sucker. Debate 101. Basketball History for Maniacs.

Can we all at least agree that MJ was the greatest ever? Yes? No? I hear the Kobe (No. 10) people grousing. I hear (No. 6) Magic’s choir yodeling. Even the Bill Russell (No. 3) brigade is shouting out.

Lord, how do you compare a panther to a giraffe, a cheetah to a grizzly, a marlin to a whale? You can’t, but we try to. We must, if for no other reason than that we humans love lists, rankings, comparisons, champions, the best—and the worst. We make declarations of certitude, even when we haven’t a clue. Which makes for FUN!

Not that this list is wrong, stupid or lacking in deep introspection, even calculus, and philosophy. Every man on the list was, or is, a terrific player. By my reckoning, I have seen the vast majority play live on TV or in person at least once. I watched MJ play maybe 300 college and NBA games from within a few feet of the court. Once, he sat so close to me while on the Bulls’ bench that I had to crane my neck to see around him. And while watching MJ go for his six NBA titles, I saw everybody from Kareem to Dominique Wilkins (No. 43) to Quinn Buckner (No. 245) to Scott Skiles (No. 364) to barely-on-the-list David Wesley (No. 499) do their things. You might ask, Who’s No. 500? I’ll let you surf to the end at your own speed, but here’s a hint: His nickname was “Never Nervous.” And, other than Carmelo Anthony (No. 105), he’s the only college player ever to win an NCAA title and be named MOP as a freshman. And one time he broke his toe moving furniture and missed almost two NBA seasons because of it.

But, dang. This list messes with my mind. Every time I find one of my favorite players and say to myself, Now, why on God’s green earth isn’t Paul Silas (No. 138), the rebounding fool, ranked higher? I then have to admit: And move Michael Cooper (No. 137), the guy who played defense like a tree snake in your jock, down a notch?

It’s wild to think of a fivesome as spectacular as Patrick Ewing, Jerry Lucas, Gary Payton, Allen Iverson and Billy Cunningham, and then ponder the notion that they comprise not quite the eighth-best quintet on the list. And that could be correct. I mean, it probably is. Or not.

Which leads me to thinking: What if all these guys could come back for one day, in their prime, with fashion and styles of their era—crewcuts, Afros, ponytails, tube socks, tighty-whities, silky bloomers, Under Armour sleeves, headbands, buckle belts, black canvas hightops, Nike signatures, tats, sculpted biceps, and all of them jacked and ferocious and ready to make their mark for history—and they just go at it in a massive gymnasium for hours and hours until the cream has risen and the chaff has fallen and the numbers are pinned appropriately to the sweat-soaked jerseys.

Oh, it’s a dream and could never be done, not even with a time machine, because how do you fairly gauge an individual in a team game? A superstar who might be as tall as Yao Ming, as short as Spud Webb, as muscular as Karl Malone, as skinny as Tayshaun Prince, as athletic as Dave DeBusschere, as mechanical as Dikembe Mutombo, as lead-footed as Mark Eaton, as fleet as Mo Cheeks, as massive as Shaq, as Bambi-esque as Tiny Archibald? And with all the rules changes, the three-point shot, the palming, the hacking, the zone, the refs, the…

As I said before, you don’t. But you can try. And what a journey it is—more fun than a boatful of Dennis Rodmans. Which reminds me, why is the Worm only No. 48? Is somebody crazy here?

Old 03-28-2011, 02:26 PM   #3772

Quote:
Originally Posted by liu13 View Post
i dont even know how u can rank anything past the top 100

are they ranking by peak, impact or career? if it's peak it should be shaq at 1
You'd rank Shaq over MJ? really? That's a first i've heard/read about that... If MJ didn't retire for so many times, I wonder how many times he would have won championships
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:43 PM   #3773

Boston loses to Indiana and Miami is now tied with them at the 2nd spot. Boston would take the tie-breaker, however.
Chicago also down by double digits to Philly right now. If Chicago loses this one, Miami & Boston will move, I believe, to being 2 games behind Chicago for 1st place.

New York up 2 on Orlando going into the 4th quarter, let's see if they can pull this one out.

Miami has the easiest schedule the rest of the way by far, while Boston has the most difficult.
I predict Boston coming 3rd, with Miami and Chicago tying, but Chicago getting the tie-breaker.

Last edited by n0ob; 03-28-2011 at 05:51 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:16 PM   #3774

Wow, this NYK/Orl game is turning out to be a great one....
Old 03-28-2011, 06:54 PM   #3775
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Blazers > Spurs again!!

Looks like the Spurs is not a threat without Duncan.
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote