REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:41 PM   #5676
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
^ fckin idiot, I'm still shaking my head..... I kept thinking NO FCKING WAY is he gonna do anything else except drive and draw the foul, possibly even an AND 1.....

big big mistake.... I actually thought they were gonna give it to Wade since he's better at getting to the hoop and drawing fouls...

i mean there were two questionable calls on Devin Harris getting fouled, force the refs to make a call for you and take it to the damn hoop
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2012, 07:44 PM   #5677
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
^ semi justifyable cause haslem was open as fuck.. but still

you got lebron and wade on ur team and haslem taking the last shot?
lebron made like what? 8/9 shots in the fourth? he coulda easily gotten a solid shot up

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-02-2012, 07:53 PM   #5678

Devin's And-one Go-Ahead Bucket | NBA.com

for those who missed it

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 03-02-2012, 09:39 PM   #5679
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
^ fckin idiot, I'm still shaking my head..... I kept thinking NO FCKING WAY is he gonna do anything else except drive and draw the foul, possibly even an AND 1.....

big big mistake.... I actually thought they were gonna give it to Wade since he's better at getting to the hoop and drawing fouls...

i mean there were two questionable calls on Devin Harris getting fouled, force the refs to make a call for you and take it to the damn hoop
Haslem was wide open at the elbow and that's a shot he usually makes; you have to trust your teammates. In my opinion, if you get double-teamed, that means a guy is open; Great players find the open man and trust their teammates to hit the open shot.

I know Haslem is no Steve Kerr, but great players have always been praised for being able to trust their teammates down the stretch. In fact, Kobe took a lot of shit at one point in his career for not being able to do so.

It may not pay off to make that pass today, but it will definitely pay off down the stretch if it is practiced now; if LeBron takes that last shot every time, his teammates won't be prepared to be put in that situation come playoffs and that's when he will need them the most because he is going up against great teams who will figure out ways to stop him.

bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-02-2012, 10:17 PM   #5680

^ ah thanks for the vid clips man, that series brings back memories, MJ was killin it in the 90's....

And I understand trusting your teammates, I'm with that.... but if I'm on a 17 point tear in the last 8 or so minutes of the game and I'm sizzling hot everythang goin in, and I got my team back in a position to win.... then killer instinct kicks in and I AM literally forcing the ref's hand by going strong to the hoop for a sure fucking thing, A SURE THING... I'm not dishing it off to a guy who hasn't hit a jumper all game.

He basically passed up a sure thing and took a huge gamble that didn't pay off.... wasn't too pleased with Haslem afterwards either, completely ignoring him and walking directly into the tunnel... I think he probably wanted Haslem to roll hard to the hoop and get to the line possibly making the AND1 play. And looking at the replay Haslem had plenty of space to do that, he should have dove hard to the hoop right after the pick was complete, I understand he's more of a pick n pop type of player but you gotta make the right play, bottom line....

Spoelstra fcked it up with that final play by going with anything except a two man game with Lebron and Wade... I don't know how you go from video editor to head coaching probably the best team since MJ's Bulls, it just boggles my mind how the NBA coaching rotations are set up.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:21 PM   #5681

just went on twitter and LeBron tweeted

Man I have a sick feeling in my stomach right now! Really wanted tonight's game. I just had to make one more dang play out there.

A stop, rebound, a shot, assist, a block, whatever it took. I fell short again!
Old 03-02-2012, 10:26 PM   #5682

^I honestly find that to be somewhat of a show...You don't tweet that you are pissed off that you lost; seems so fake...
Old 03-02-2012, 11:26 PM   #5683
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Lebron was 8/9 with 17 points in the 4th quarter, he was the reason they made the comeback against the Jazz. Haslem is usually money from that range but he took 4 shots the entire game up to that point, while Lebron was on fire in the 4th IMO he should've taken the shot or driven to the basket and made sure he either got fouled or scored the basket. In any other circumstance say it was Bosh or Haslem was having a good game it would've been the right play. But tonight against the Jazz when he was hitting everything should've taken the shot. Wade made some dumb plays fouling Harris and also missing free throws. Spoelstra I feel is gone after this season if they don't win it all, how do you not have Wade and Lebron running a pick and roll in crunch time how do you stop that?
The Jazz almost blew the game after having an 18 point lead, but they made the right plays at the end, they got the ball out of Lebron and Wade hands when it mattered.
Sir_Loin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:56 PM   #5684
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
^I honestly find that to be somewhat of a show...You don't tweet that you are pissed off that you lost; seems so fake...
that's lebron for ya. always some sort of indirect self praising in one form or another. same thing happened when griffin dunked over perkins - i think he said something about having the #2 dunk of the season on twitter after.

On another note - toronto fails to hit another clutch three LOL man...i had big hopes for tdot after the last season. calderon stepped up big this year, derozan... i expect more of him
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:15 PM   #5685

yea it's that twitter/video game age, I been saying it for years that I miss watching real men on the court as opposed to a bunch of boys...

made the same joke before but while boys like Durant or LeBron are out tweetin and playing vid games, back in the day men like Jordan and Barkley were busy smokin cigars, gambling and fighting...

and damn just came across this vid, 5'9 T-Dub, video editing is real nice dunks are not overly impressive compared to what others are doing, but when you consider he's 5'9 with little wingspan, then damn those dunks are super hard for him... fcking head almost at the rim for a guy his height,, it aint fair,, it aint fair

Old 03-03-2012, 03:36 PM   #5686

Great players wanna take the last shot regardless, even with two people guarding them, LeBron IMO needs to prove to himself that he is able to do it.... but of course not taking away how he took over in the fourth quarter though..

Great players make clutch shots, bottom line.

At least that's how I see it.

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 03-03-2012, 11:06 PM   #5687

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
Great players wanna take the last shot regardless, even with two people guarding them, LeBron IMO needs to prove to himself that he is able to do it.... but of course not taking away how he took over in the fourth quarter though..

Great players make clutch shots, bottom line.

At least that's how I see it.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." - Wayne Gretzky
Old 03-04-2012, 12:54 AM   #5688
My homepage has been set to RS

Hubie talking about closers at 1:49.

goo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:59 AM   #5689
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

whoa rondo what a game. except missing so much layups
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:38 PM   #5690

Horrible game for Lin. 6/16 shooting, 6 turnovers, and only 5 assists....Meanwhile, Rondo had a historic game with 18 points, 17 rebounds, and 20 assists...
Old 03-04-2012, 01:01 PM   #5691

Rondo shoulda had ~30.. missed many many easy layups

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Old 03-04-2012, 02:19 PM   #5692

Absolutely pathetic display by Miami today; I have no idea how they managed to keep it close. If they lose Bosh for whatever reason come playoff time, they are fucked. The rest of their post players are offensively retarded.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:21 PM   #5693
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

^ i am surpise, MWp played well and they actually beat the heat (minus bosh)

I dont know if I should be happy being a fan or just shocked haha
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:21 PM   #5694

Bron and Wade before the game at Staples lol. Tiny bag for Lebron to carry 3 quarters.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:59 PM   #5695

^ they always try to pass off that faggotry as "swag"

just finished watching the Clippers game, and they absolutely NEED to fire Del Negro before the fckin playoffs, he will be their ruin during the playoffs, has no defensive mind whatsoever, I'm sick and tired of watching the CLippers D fall asleep and barely win over teams they should be crushing
Old 03-04-2012, 07:22 PM   #5696

Deron Williams goes for 57 against the Bobcats lol, most points scored this season so far.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:25 PM   #5697
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,493 Times in 1,691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
Horrible game for Lin. 6/16 shooting, 6 turnovers, and only 5 assists....Meanwhile, Rondo had a historic game with 18 points, 17 rebounds, and 20 assists...
Yeah, Rondo definitely outplayed Lin. Pierce is unbelievable. Pierce makes the clutch 3 pointer to put the game into overtime. It's tough to win in the garden.

Jeremy will grow through these growing pains as a young player. He'll get better over time. Linsanity will continue.

Old 03-04-2012, 11:41 PM   #5698
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

I am seeing Lin becoming a turnover machine against good defense.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:24 AM   #5699

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
It's tough to win in the garden.
There's only one stadium that you can call "the garden" and that's Madison Square Garden.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:02 AM   #5700
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by illapeeno View Post
Deron Williams goes for 57 against the Bobcats lol, most points scored this season so far.
Yet they barely won . Pretty sad.
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote