REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:45 AM   #5826
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
What is so "WTF" about that?

Rumours of Nick Young heading to Clips for Brian Cooke and a draft pick.
It's so WTF because Fisher should've been kept to show Sessions how to run the team properly. It's going to be difficult now. I'm guessing that they traded fisher for hill because they couldn't get beasley.

Maybe the rockets will buy out Fishers contract and he'll make it back to LA somehow.
Advertisement
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:49 AM   #5827
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Rumours of Nene for McGee as well.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:50 AM   #5828
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Update on the lakers trade: Lakers acquire G Ramon Sessions & F Christian Eyenga from the Cleveland Cavaliers in exchange for Luke Walton, Jason Kapono & a 1st round pick.

they got rid of kapono too. Good job mitch!
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:51 AM   #5829
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Rumours of Nene for McGee as well.
Yup

“@WojYahooNBA: As part of three-team deal, Nene goes to the Wizards, JaVale McGee to Denver and Nick Young to Clippers, sources tell Y! Sports.”
Posted via RS Mobile
kayceeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:52 AM   #5830

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
It's so WTF because Fisher should've been kept to show Sessions how to run the team properly. It's going to be difficult now. I'm guessing that they traded fisher for hill because they couldn't get beasley.

Maybe the rockets will buy out Fishers contract and he'll make it back to LA somehow.
Fisher will probably either be bought or simply retire and head back to LA and put on their coaching staff. Jordan Hill is a great acquisition for LA as they really needed another big body that can bang coming off the bench. Troy Murphy just doesn't cut it...
This post thanked by:
Old 03-15-2012, 11:55 AM   #5831

Good deal for the Nuggets IMO and bad deal for the Wiz...McGee, though incredibly stupid, has unreal potential. With the right guidance, he can be a big impact player.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:03 PM   #5832

so:

Clips get Young
Wiz get Nene, 2nd round pick, Brian Cook
Nuggets get McGee, Turiaf

Great deal for both Clips and Nuggets IMO.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:35 PM   #5833
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

I wish the lakers were able to nab Beasley or another SF for some bench scoring. Though I'm excited to get another Sessions though as he's definitely an upgrade on Fisher/Blake at the point this season.

I haven't seen much of Jordan Hill lately except I know he was a top 10 or something pick so maybe being around Bynum/Gasol/Kobe can help his game. But to get him in exchange for Fisher is definitely worth it...
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:40 PM   #5834
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
im surprised fisher got traded instead of blake, though he is slow and old for a pg he can still make the clutch shot

and wow the blazers house cleaned, rebuild time
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:48 PM   #5835
Banned (ABWS)

Wow...clippers are looking good. If George Karl can talke some sense into Javale Mcgee, they will look really good in this trade.
Jermyzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:42 PM   #5836

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
Quote:
Fisher will probably either be bought or simply retire and head back to LA and put on their coaching staff. Jordan Hill is a great acquisition for LA as they really needed another big body that can bang coming off the bench. Troy Murphy just doesn't cut it...

exactly what I was thinking as well, no way is Fish gonna continue playing... if he does I will be very surprised

and I really like Sessions, he is a very solid point guard, he was actually killin it in Cleveland before Irving showed up.... he reminds me a lot of Jarett Jack I think they're on the exact same level

and the fucking Clippers man, piss me off, I like Nick Young and dumping Cook is fine and all, but they need a PERIMETER DEFENDER for fucks sake, not more firepower..... I'm sick and tired of watching their defense get torn to shreds night after night....
Eric Bledsoe is an excellent defender, but he can't do it all by himself..

also fire the fuck out of Vinny Del Negro, everyone knew he wasn't gonna cut it and he really isn't cutting it that much is obvious, they are not going deep into the playoffs at all playing like this
Old 03-15-2012, 02:49 PM   #5837
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,490 Times in 1,688 Posts
The Magic will have 22+million coming off of the books at the end of the 2012-2013 season. They should be able to find a bonafide superstar to be able to play with Howard should he decide to remain with the Magic.

Which player do you think the Magic management would pursue to play with Superman?
Old 03-15-2012, 03:05 PM   #5838

^ for big men people always like to say get a good PG that can get your bigman the ball in the right places, but it's not that hard to post up or pick and roll with a big man, you don't have to be an all star PG to do this, just a solid one.. and Jameer is more than a solid PG.

what they really need and this would help and free him up a lot more than an all star PG, is another strong quality big to take front court pressure off Howard.. I mean just imagine that situation, this would free him up tremendously because night in and night out opposing teams only zone in on Dwight, that's A LOT of attention on him and there is absolutely nobody on the Magic front court to help him out he is there literally banging all by himself..... I guarantee you opposing teams scouting report on the Magic is probably like 90% of it is zoned in on Dwight.... now take another quality big put him there you take pressure off Dwight and thats anywhere from 5 to 10 more points a game, few more boards and at that point Dwight really becomes the beast he should be

I have no idea really who to suggest since I don't know their contract situations, and not necessarily a full blown all star big, but someone like a Tyson Chandler or hell even a guy like Reggie Evans will do just fine

Last edited by G-spec; 03-15-2012 at 03:10 PM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:23 PM   #5839

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
^ for big men people always like to say get a good PG that can get your bigman the ball in the right places, but it's not that hard to post up or pick and roll with a big man, you don't have to be an all star PG to do this, just a solid one.. and Jameer is more than a solid PG.

what they really need and this would help and free him up a lot more than an all star PG, is another strong quality big to take front court pressure off Howard.. I mean just imagine that situation, this would free him up tremendously because night in and night out opposing teams only zone in on Dwight, that's A LOT of attention on him and there is absolutely nobody on the Magic front court to help him out he is there literally banging all by himself..... I guarantee you opposing teams scouting report on the Magic is probably like 90% of it is zoned in on Dwight.... now take another quality big put him there you take pressure off Dwight and thats anywhere from 5 to 10 more points a game, few more boards and at that point Dwight really becomes the beast he should be

I have no idea really who to suggest since I don't know their contract situations, and not necessarily a full blown all star big, but someone like a Tyson Chandler or hell even a guy like Reggie Evans will do just fine
Totally disagree with you on a few things:

Firstly, Jameer Nelson CAN be a more than solid PG, but he has absolutely sucked this season, with the exception of the last couple of games.

Secondly, Ryan Anderson is the PERFECT compliment to Dwight and Van Gundy has done a great job of making him understand that he is supposed to still crash for boards despite having great range for a 4. Anderson spreads the floor for Dwight. Defenders are forced to make a decision: let Anderson and others shoot open 3's or allow Dwight to have space to go to work.

If they need another big man, it's a guy who will be solid coming off the bench and allow Dwight to rest for a few minutes. A guy like Reggie Evans would make a bit of sense, though it would be better to have a guy with a decent high post game as well so that he could play WITH Dwight as well to give Anderson a rest. Reggie Evans would not fit ALONGSIDE Dwight at the same time. The contract that will come with a guy like Tyson Chandler would not be worth the 10-15 minutes per game that the Magic would need from him, and again, Chandler and Dwight would not fit on the court at the same time.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:39 PM   #5840

^ Dwight already pissed off Jameer this season when he threw the whole team under the bus, nobody on that team is ever gonna get back to the level of competition they were the other year even thought it's pretty much the same roster....

but I don't know man, it's pretty simple.... Dwight is in the paint banging night in and night out ALL BY HIMSELF, seemingly almost always double teamed, and nobody is helping him with that... it's obvious he needs help with the heavy lifting more, as opposed to more 3 point shooters or other guards when they already have that covered. Look at it this way, the team already has solid guards, they already have solid 3 point shooters... the ONLY thing they really don't have, is another solid big man that will bang down low and take pressure off him free him up a little bit, other teams literally put him in a choke hold every single game and it's because there's no one up front with him worth paying any attention too by other teams

and as far as Anderson rebounding ? what? he has something like 7 boards a game I think, it's good but don't mistake flying off the 3 point line and grabbing a loose rebound here n there with putting in work in the paint, those are two totally different things....
what I'm talking about is a guy to play along side Dwight in the post somebody who will force other teams attention to where they wouldn't be double teaming Howard the whole game...
do you know what just 10 minutes a game of single coverage would do for Dwight's game offensively ? that would be some scary shit to see

and this John Lucas, damn his post game interview was just as impressive as his game against the Heat, just listen to what he's saying, smart fckin guy on and off the court.. 9 of 12 shooting 3 of 5 from three, hittin clutch free throws... definition of solid and under control

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=esp...tartTime=01:25
Old 03-15-2012, 04:42 PM   #5841
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post

Fisher even if he gets waived or bought out he can't come back to the Lakers this season.

Quote:
A notable example of such a deal occurred in the 2009–10 season, in which the Cleveland Cavaliers included Žydrūnas Ilgauskas in their trade with the Washington Wizards for Antawn Jamison. The Wizards waived Ilgauskas a week later, and he re-signed with the Cavs after the 30-day waiting period passed. Under the 2011 CBA, a player acquired in a trade and waived by his new team cannot re-sign with his original team until one year after the trade or July 1 after the expiration of his contract, whichever is sooner
Sir_Loin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:13 PM   #5842
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
I wish the lakers were able to nab Beasley or another SF for some bench scoring. Though I'm excited to get another Sessions though as he's definitely an upgrade on Fisher/Blake at the point this season.

I haven't seen much of Jordan Hill lately except I know he was a top 10 or something pick so maybe being around Bynum/Gasol/Kobe can help his game. But to get him in exchange for Fisher is definitely worth it...
same wish we got beasley

Can someone explain this to me?

LA trades fisher + a first rounder for Hill correct?

I know people mentioned that Hill has or had potential.

On the other hand Minny wanted a first round pick for Beasley

am I missing something here? Salary?
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:43 PM   #5843

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuuhoo View Post
same wish we got beasley

Can someone explain this to me?

LA trades fisher + a first rounder for Hill correct?

I know people mentioned that Hill has or had potential.

On the other hand Minny wanted a first round pick for Beasley

am I missing something here? Salary?
Trading draft pick for Beasley would mean bringing in a lot more $$.
Trading draft pick + Fisher for Hill is a lot cheaper.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:40 PM   #5844

Quote:
Originally Posted by illapeeno View Post
Fisher even if he gets waived or bought out he can't come back to the Lakers this season.
He can come back as a coach.

Quote:
Dwight already pissed off Jameer this season when he threw the whole team under the bus, nobody on that team is ever gonna get back to the level of competition they were the other year even thought it's pretty much the same roster....
I don't see why this matters...Jameer is playing like shit because Dwight pissed him off?

Quote:
but I don't know man, it's pretty simple.... Dwight is in the paint banging night in and night out ALL BY HIMSELF, seemingly almost always double teamed, and nobody is helping him with that... it's obvious he needs help with the heavy lifting more, as opposed to more 3 point shooters or other guards when they already have that covered. Look at it this way, the team already has solid guards, they already have solid 3 point shooters... the ONLY thing they really don't have, is another solid big man that will bang down low and take pressure off him free him up a little bit, other teams literally put him in a choke hold every single game and it's because there's no one up front with him worth paying any attention too by other teams
Putting another big in the paint to bang is just going to clog up the paint...Since Dwight has 0 mid-range game, I don't see how this would help him unless you are suggesting he just takes some possessions off and chills around the free throw line.

Quote:
and as far as Anderson rebounding ? what? he has something like 7 boards a game I think, it's good but don't mistake flying off the 3 point line and grabbing a loose rebound here n there with putting in work in the paint, those are two totally different things....
He's averaging 8 boards per game on the season, but he had an extended period of time that he just got benched because despite putting up a ridiculous number of points, he wasn't crashing the glass. He picked it up and his boards have been much better ever since. Over the last month, he's averaging 9 boards per game which, if you think about it, is great when you are playing alongside the league leader in boards...
Old 03-15-2012, 10:52 PM   #5845
I subscribe to Revscene

race for the last playoff spot in the east is so toiteee
hate to say it but i'm putting my money on the bucks. knicks look like they have a tougher road ahead games-wise.

rumours of phil going to new york...I'd love to see him come back but I don't think his body would hold up.

edit: just read bballguy's blurb a few pages back about melo returning to the knicks. I think you summed it up best when describing their offense as "awkward".
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:10 PM   #5846

Quote:
Originally Posted by pK-diU- View Post
rumours of phil going to new york...I'd love to see him come back but I don't think his body would hold up.
Phil Jackson??...Not a chance.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:26 PM   #5847

like I said, Anderson and Jameer aside, it's pretty simple and basic problem... Orlando has just 1 guy really working in the paint, and that's on BOTH ends of the court, if you don't see how that's a problem then I don't know how else to put it. Getting rid of Brandon Bass (big guy who likes to bang but can also hit mid range) for Big Baby (who just coasts around mid range) was a huge mistake, I hated that move

And if you think Orlando adding any other piece that isn't another big man to help Dwight out on both ends of the paint, and take some pressure off, well that's just a bad analysis.
The only argument one could make in response to my statement there would have to be along the lines of "Well Orlando stretches the floor with their 3 point shooters and this frees up Dwight, and this is enough"

Ah, well even the basketball experts have stopped tootin this horn, because that hasn't worked for Orlando at least 2 seasons now if not more, it did few years back but now teams know they can double team Howard all they want and if anyone else wants to hang around the perimeter/3 point line area as a threat for a kickout, all they gotta do is rotate a quick guard to contest the shot, and if you watch any Magic game that's exactly what teams have been doing last few years with Orlando
Now Dwight is never gonna be able to go into a game where the opposing team chooses not to double team him, but Orlando needs another bigman that's skilled around the paint not necessarily just to bang, to at least make teams think twice every time they wanna double Dwight

and come on now, another big clogging up the paint ? really ? that's some basic ass casual fan analysis, you can do better than that...
But just to humor it for a minute, that's the same shit people said about Gasol when he was going to the Lakers, but instead they got low post artwork between him and Bynum, they just murdering teams....
this is exactly what Dwight needs, just some fucking help down there, he is all alone literally..... and if fucking Bynum can drop 20ppg+ when healthy with a guy of Gasol skillset working down low with him, then what do you think Dwight is capable of if he had a similarly skilled big on the roster....
Old 03-15-2012, 11:33 PM   #5848

listen dude, for real..... go back a month or probably more I can't remember specifically, BUT there was one game I watched where my jaw dropped when it was all said and done, it was Orlando and the Warriors, and for some reason Mark Jackson chose NOT to double team Dwight at all that night and play him straight up with Ekpe Udoh...

do you know what Dwight did that night ? well it was fcking dirty and there was't a drop of lube involved, he ended up with I think over 40 points that night, so if you think Orlando couldn't use even a HINT of freeing him up some down low, then you gotta be talkin just for the sake of talking at that point

EDIT: yup just checked for details, it was a game at Golden State on 01/12/12, Dwight dropped 45 points (tying his career high) and attempted 39 free throws making 21 of them ! (think he set a new career high with the ft's)

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/dwight...eer_stats.html

Last edited by G-spec; 03-15-2012 at 11:40 PM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:46 PM   #5849

Pau is a big man with a mid-range game...yes, he has low post game but he is also arguably the most skilled big man in the league...Pau's game is nothing like guy's like Reggie Evans and Tyson Chandler who are useless when they catch the ball in the high post....Yes, of course, adding a guy with a similar type of game as Pau would help Dwight a lot...Brandon Bass was also an excellent compliment to Dwight since he had good mid-range game as well and as I recently expressed in the J-Lin thread, the Magic's decision to trade Bass for Big Baby was horrible.

Last edited by bballguy; 03-16-2012 at 12:31 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:28 AM   #5850
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Don't know why magic traded bass for Davis..
Bass > Davis
Posted via RS Mobile
Porschedog is offline   Reply With Quote