REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 06-29-2012, 01:52 PM   #7351
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
Am I the only one hoping the NBA retires #23???
Other than the Bulls the only other team to retire #23 are the Heat.
Advertisement
Sir_Loin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:14 PM   #7352
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by illapeeno View Post
Other than the Bulls the only other team to retire #23 are the Heat.
And I'm hoping the entire league retires it.

Not hating but seeing that pic of Davis wearing 23 is weird. I know Hes worn it throughout his career but ya.

This should be the case like gretzky and 99
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:06 PM   #7353

Odom, Lamar goes back to L.A. .... Clippers agreed 4 team trade with trade exemptions and the other primary piece Mo Williams heading back to the Jazz where he started his career.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:40 AM   #7354
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Garnett Agrees To Three-Year, $34M Deal With Celtics

Kevin Garnett has informed the Celtics that he will return to the team for his 18th NBA season.

According to two sources, Garnett and the Celtics are working on a three-year, $34 million deal.

“The decision came down to whether KG wanted to keep playing,” said one source. “And once he decided that he did, it was going to be Boston. He wasn’t going to leave Doc (River) and those guys and play anywhere else.”
Via Boston Herald
i-VTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:44 PM   #7355
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
What do you think are the Raptors' chances of signing Nash?

Chisholm: Raptors preparing to make a play for Nash's services

Summary of article:

$12 million in cap room. -cap can increase to as high as $22 million if T.O. uses amnesty provision.

-some talented players to play pick and roll offense and score from Nash's ability to create of the dribble. Bargnani and Valanciunas. Athletic players like DeRozan and Johnson.

Unlike the Mavericks, the team roster of T.O. is on the rise. Mavericks roster is on the decline with age. However, Dallas does have cap room to sign free agents.

Intangibles: Colangelo drafted Nash. -good relationship between the Toronto G.M. and Nash. Nash places importance on relationships and loyalty.

Alex McKechnie: McKechnie is the best shot Toronto has to offset Phoenix's legendary training staff. He has worked personally with Nash using his Core X System (which Nash endorses on the Core X System website). -good program to help Nash deal with his ailing back.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:25 PM   #7356
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Dwight Howard told Magic GM Rob Hennigan on Friday that he wants to be traded to the Nets, according to ESPN's Chris Broussard.
Hennigan didn't promise he would honour Dwight's request, and one has to assume that Orlando's new GM will take whichever deal hauls in the most assets while the Nets will do everything they can to land Howard, especially if he wants to be there.

Also, the Thunder and Scott Brooks have finally reached a basic agreement on a four-year contract that will pay him about $4 mill/year.

Eric Gordon is reportedly seeking a max, 4-year, $58 million deal...

Last edited by bballguy; 06-30-2012 at 08:06 PM.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:15 PM   #7357

Nets, Hawks Discussing Joe Johnson Trade

The Nets and Hawks are discussing a trade centered around Joe Johnson, according to sources.

Brooklyn would pair Johnson with a re-signed Deron Williams.

With no deal is close to completion, sources say the teams are discussing trade on multiple fronts.

Trading for Johnson would likely eliminate the Nets from their pursuit of Howard.

For Atlanta, trading Johnson would effectively be a salary dump of his $90 million over the next four years.

The Nets would have to piece together several contracts, including those of Jordan Farmar, who opted into the final $4.2 million year of his deal on Saturday, Anthony Morrow, Johan Petro and a sign-and-trade with one of the Nets' free agents to make the exchange of salaries work for Johnson’s contract.
Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports
Old 06-30-2012, 08:32 PM   #7358

Anybody who takes on Joe Johnson's contract is retarded...
Old 06-30-2012, 08:41 PM   #7359
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

imo Josh Smith's contribution is way better than Joe Johnsons
Porschedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:41 PM   #7360

Nets Considering Pursuit Of O.J. Mayo

The Nets are considering a 'significant offer' for O.J. Mayo if they are unable to trade for Joe Johnson, according to sources.

Mayo is an unrestricted free agent after four seasons with the Grizzlies.

The Celtics, Pacers and Suns will also be in the mix for Mayo, according to Ken Berger..
Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports (via Twitter)
Old 06-30-2012, 08:53 PM   #7361

Quote:
Originally Posted by d87c View Post
Nets Considering Pursuit Of O.J. Mayo

The Nets are considering a 'significant offer' for O.J. Mayo if they are unable to trade for Joe Johnson, according to sources.

Mayo is an unrestricted free agent after four seasons with the Grizzlies.

The Celtics, Pacers and Suns will also be in the mix for Mayo, according to Ken Berger..
Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports (via Twitter)
lol....Has NOTHING to do with Joe Johnson....He is nowhere near worth his salary and EVERYBODY knows it, including the Nets - Won't happen!!

I have a feeling the Nets could end up with D-Will, J-Kidd, Dwight Howard, and possibly another solid FA signing.

Blake Griffin has accepted the Clippers maximum five-year, $95 million contract extension offer.
Old 06-30-2012, 10:29 PM   #7362

NBA Player's Association is considering taking legal action against the Magic on Dwight's behalf, as Dwight feels the Magic made him promises they didn't keep to get him to sign opt-in. The ultimate goal of the legal action would be to eliminate Dwight's opt-in and make him a free agent this summer.

Also, after luring Justin Schultz to the Edmonton Oilers by offering him Paulina, Gretzky has turned his attention to the NBA, by attempting to lure Steve Nash to the Raptors by offering him Janet.

The Raptors have a taped video of Wayne Gretzky advising Steve Nash on why he should join the Raptors, and also have him on speed dial, if necessary.

Last edited by bballguy; 06-30-2012 at 10:40 PM.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:22 AM   #7363

Hibbert Receives Max Contract Offer From Blazers

Roy Hibbert has been offered a max contract from the Blazers following a meeting with Neil Olshey and Larry Miller in Washington, D.C.

The Pacers did not offer a max contract and Hibbert is leaning toward signing the offer sheet with the Blazers.

One other unnamed team reportedly offer Hibbert a max deal as well.
Via Sam Amick/SI.com (via Twitter)
Old 07-01-2012, 07:48 AM   #7364

Gerald Wallace Agrees To Four-Year, $40M Deal With Nets

Gerald Wallace is close to agreement on a new with the Brooklyn Nets.

Wallace was acquired from the Blazers at the trade deadline in exchange for expiring contracts and what turned out to be the No. 6 pick.

Wallace's deal, according to Yahoo's Adrian Wojnarowski, is for $40 million over four seasons.
Via Marc Stein/ESPN (via Twitter)
Old 07-01-2012, 11:07 AM   #7365

Nets and Hawks are still talking about a Joe Johnson trade....I can only imagine this is a scare tactic from Brooklyn to get the Magic to hurry up with a deal and give them even more leverage. Since Dwight has openly said he wants to be traded to Brooklyn, it's possible he will only sign an extension with them. If that's the case, no team in their right mind will give up any real valuable assets to simply rent Dwight for one season. Therefore, Brooklyn is the only real trading partner Orlando has, BUT if the Nets make a trade for Joe Johnson, that takes them completely out of the equation....Nets could simply be discussing a Joe Johnson trade to make the Magic panic and hurry up with a trade.

The Raptors have reportedly offered Steve Nash a three-year, $36 million contract.
Toronto apparently could have traded the No. 8 pick for Kyle Lowry before the draft but opted to put all their eggs in Nash's basket........
The Knicks are apparently considering a sign-and-trade for Steve Nash that would involve sending either Landry Fields or Iman Shumpert to the Suns.
It's unclear whether Nash would agree to such a deal, or whether New York would part with Shumpert, so take this with a grain of salt. In other rapidly-evolving Nash news, he's willing to speak with the Mavericks if they miss out on Deron Williams.

RFA Roy Hibbert has verbally agreed to accept the Blazers max four-year, $58.4 million offer sheet once the moratorium ends on July 11.
The Pacers would have three days to match the offer, which works out to about $14.5 million per season. It would be surprising if they didn't match the deal to keep their budding All-Star center, especially with the momentum Indiana carried into the offseason.

AK47 should return the league next season.

The Wolves are reportedly Nicolas Batum's "preferred destination," and they are offering him a deal worth approximately $50 million over four years.
Batum could meet with the Wolves as soon as Sunday, and if he signs the offer sheet on July 11 it will be interesting to see whether Portland matches. An annual salary of about $12.5 million is a lot for the Blazers to spend on a somewhat disgruntled swingman whose agent has severed communication with the franchise.

Last edited by bballguy; 07-01-2012 at 11:13 AM.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:18 AM   #7366

The Lakers and Magic have had "preliminary contact" about a possible trade for Dwight Howard, according to Yahoo! Sports.
Any deal with L.A. would involve Andrew Bynum going to Orlando, but it must be noted that "the Lakers have yet to make a direct offer." The Rockets and Nets have also contacted the Magic, as expected, though Dwight hasn't shown any inclination to sign an extension with Houston, and Brooklyn (already thin on assets the Magic desire) is rapidly chewing up the cap space necessary to pull off such a massive deal.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:26 AM   #7367

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
holy fck, Hibbert and Aldridge as a front court in Portland, damn that would be something to deal with

also I came in here for the Howard gif's, anyone got any ?
lol this guy's a fckin joke, has his team fire the coach and GM and then bounces anyway
Old 07-01-2012, 11:31 AM   #7368

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
holy fck, Hibbert and Aldridge as a front court in Portland, damn that would be something to deal with

lol this guy's a fckin joke, has his team fire the coach and GM and then bounces anyway
lol a gif of what? Do you mean memes?

Last edited by bballguy; 07-01-2012 at 11:36 AM.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-01-2012, 01:52 PM   #7369

Last edited by Sir_Loin; 07-01-2012 at 02:21 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-01-2012, 03:47 PM   #7370

Rockets have reached agreement with Omer Asik on a three-year, $25.1 million contract, league source tells Y! Sports.

....uh........
Old 07-01-2012, 05:05 PM   #7371
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post

You would think the Magic learnt a thing or two when Shaq bolted.

And Toronto is getting Nash to sell tickets. My bet is on a Nash who is more interested in a shot at the title. Stay losing, Toronto.

I'll be happy if LA send Bynum away for Howard. I'm tired of Bynum's antics. Howard is a kid off court but at least he put in effort on court with a shit ass roster. I think Mitch is tired of Bynum's BS and will convince Jim to send his ass to Orlando to be the "wannabe alpha dog" that he wants to be.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:57 PM   #7372

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballguy View Post
Rockets have reached agreement with Omer Asik on a three-year, $25.1 million contract, league source tells Y! Sports.

....uh........
Like they use to say if you are 7ft tall and can walk/chew gum at the same time you're gonna be a millionaire in the NBA.

Reports are saying that Batum is about to sign a massive offersheet from the Wolves.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:16 PM   #7373

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
ya gif pics, memes whatever, i see yall delivered....
this dude is a straight goof without a doubt....

ya nikko, magic lost shaq similarly, and i know it wont happen but it would be beyond ironic if Howard wound up on the Lakers
Old 07-01-2012, 08:27 PM   #7374

Quote:
RealGM

Omer Asik Agrees To Backloaded $25.1M Deal With Rockets
Jul 01, 2012 9:33 PM EDT

Omer Asik has reached a three-year, $25.1 million agreement with the Rockets, according to a source.

Asik is a restricted free agent, which will allow the Bulls to match.

Year 3 of Asik's deal with Houston is reportedly worth $15 million.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:51 PM   #7375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
And Toronto is getting Nash to sell tickets. My bet is on a Nash who is more interested in a shot at the title. Stay losing, Toronto.
Nash has already stated that money is a big factor when it comes down to where he will sign. Don't be surprised to see him in Toronto....Also, if Nash does in fact sign elsewhere, the Raptors may turn their attention toward Lin.

The Knicks can offer Lin a four-year deal worth $24.5 million. But Toronto can offer Lin a backloaded contract, known as a "poison pill" deal, that could go as high as $36 million over four years. Such a contract would pay Lin $5 million in each of the first two years and then go as high as $13 million in each of the last two years.

Matching such a contract would give the Knicks four players -- Lin, Carmelo Anthony, Amare Stoudemire and Tyson Chandler -- making more than $13 million in the 2014-2015 season. Those four players alone would have a combined salary of $68 million, approximately $2 million under the luxury tax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
I'll be happy if LA send Bynum away for Howard. I'm tired of Bynum's antics. Howard is a kid off court but at least he put in effort on court with a shit ass roster. I think Mitch is tired of Bynum's BS and will convince Jim to send his ass to Orlando to be the "wannabe alpha dog" that he wants to be.
Dwight told Yahoo! Sports on Sunday that he would only re-sign with one team, and Adrian Wojnarowski writes that multiple sources believe that team is the Nets. I think that's obvious considering he's openly stated he wants to be traded to the Nets.
Howard has demanded a trade and this puts the onus on any team that's interested in him to risk losing him after he plays out the final year of his contract. Of course, it's a power play to scare away other teams and land in Brooklyn, who is probably the favorite to land his services. The Magic can huff and puff about holding him or trading him to the highest bidder, but like the Nuggets with Carmelo Anthony they have no leverage -- and the Nets don't appear to be as stupid as the Knicks were, and Howard doesn't have the working relationship with the Magic that Carmelo did with Masai Ujiri.

Last edited by bballguy; 07-01-2012 at 11:09 PM.