REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 05-30-2019, 12:47 PM   #14126
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,003 Times in 1,908 Posts
Somebody was asking where to watch ... Cineplex holding viewing parties.

https://www.newswire.ca/news-release...851579790.html

British Columbia

Cineplex Odeon Park & Tilford Cinemas
Cineplex Odeon International Village Cinemas
Cineplex Cinemas Langley
SilverCity Riverport Cinemas
SilverCity Victoria Cinemas
Advertisement
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 06:15 PM   #14127
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Who's this stupid announcer that calls 3pt shots with Canadian city names lol.
BlackV62K2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-30-2019, 06:26 PM   #14128
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV62K2 View Post
Who's this stupid announcer that calls 3pt shots with Canadian city names lol.
Matt Devlin, and he’s a fantastic play by play announcer.
Old 05-30-2019, 07:39 PM   #14129
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
The Official NBA thread

Great game 1 win! Siakam played well on both ends of the floor with his offence and D.

Spicy P made his presence felt in the NBA Finals!

Good game by Gasol and Green too.

Raptors’s fast break points were a big difference in game 1. GSW transition defence was pretty bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by pastarocket; 05-30-2019 at 08:31 PM.
pastarocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 09:56 PM   #14130
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Huge win for Canada!
Against Golden State no lead is safe so it's exciting to the very end.
I'm basically regurgitating what pasta said but:
Great time for Spicy P to play his best game of the playoffs.
Gasol abusing Looney and getting switches onto Curry for the easy hook was great to see. Happy to see he punished them for giving him the open look beyond the arc.
Green FINALLY getting his groove back on the biggest stage. It's the Spurs mentality and experience coming through.
Good to see Lowry playing hard and seems to have finally let go of his "I miss DeRozan" mentality, helps that Kawhi made the biggest shot in Raptors history so far lol
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2019, 10:15 AM   #14131
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
FIRST OF ALL:
Shout out to my man Van Fleet (who nobody is talking about ) who are literally balling out of his mind right now.

GS needs KD to comeback playing at top level. They have no answer against Toronto's length. Toronto is playing vintage playoff ball right now: slow half-court physical defend. I think its great refs are allowing a lot of contacts to happen without being trigger happy. Defense is so easy for Toronto facing a KD-less GS. This game should shut all the idiots up about how GS is a better team without KD. They are just not.

Boogie had a few nice passes but he is a non-factor as they can't push the tempo like they want with Boogie. They'd be playing at the pace Toronto wants with him. With KD, they can still go small and push the tempo to tired Toronto's big out.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-02-2019, 06:54 PM   #14132
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Warriors injuries to Looney, Thompson, Durant. Cousin clutch and same with Cook, both stepping it up making big plays. 3rd quarters are the Warriors quarter, coming out of half time running and showing Raptors what's up.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 08:31 PM   #14133
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Spicy P and Gasol balled out in game 1, were terrible in game 2. Cook and Cousins were terrible in game 1 were good in game 2.
Stars will be stars but role players or the "others" gotta show up to win.
Robert Horry, Fisher, Mike Miller etc etc.
Sir_Loin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 09:05 PM   #14134
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
GSW BABY
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-03-2019, 11:45 AM   #14135

TO lost a very winnable game. No KD. Klay was out. Iggy was on one-legged. Their usual starting center Kevon was out. I don't buy the "Curry was sick" narrative.

But GS was playing handicapped. And TO choked. Deck is stacked again TO now. They lost a chance to go up 2-0, putting pressure on GS to potentially go up 3-0 BEFORE KD comes back. Mofos had a chance to beat Thanos but choked. Kawhi knew it too. Guy was beasting but wasn't enough. His supporting cast just don't want it enough. I wouldn't blame him if he's tired of fn'ing Kyle Lowry and leave.

Refs were fine. Lowry and Ibaka were terrible. Lowry, Ibaka running around fouling Draymond (DRAYMOND) on the opposite of the court. Come on man. Gasol were pretty much being cancelled out by Boggie, which is kinda expected.

Not sure what happened to Siakam but the obvious trash were Lowry and Ibaka.

I don't really know what the fuck happened to Siakam. And Danny Green is a little bitch, pass up open shots every time. The only 2 people who are not afraid of shooting was Kawhi and Van Lit.
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-03-2019, 12:00 PM   #14136

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Warriors taking this. Raptors choked and I read in the news they were blaming the arena fans not being back to their seats for the 3rd quarter, which impacted the teams momentum/support leading to GS running away with 18-0 to start the quarter. WTF?
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 12:59 PM   #14137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
TO lost a very winnable game. No KD. Klay was out. Iggy was on one-legged. Their usual starting center Kevon was out. I don't buy the "Curry was sick" narrative.

But GS was playing handicapped. And TO choked. Deck is stacked again TO now. They lost a chance to go up 2-0, putting pressure on GS to potentially go up 3-0 BEFORE KD comes back. Mofos had a chance to beat Thanos but choked. Kawhi knew it too. Guy was beasting but wasn't enough. His supporting cast just don't want it enough. I wouldn't blame him if he's tired of fn'ing Kyle Lowry and leave.

Refs were fine. Lowry and Ibaka were terrible. Lowry, Ibaka running around fouling Draymond (DRAYMOND) on the opposite of the court. Come on man. Gasol were pretty much being cancelled out by Boggie, which is kinda expected.

I don't really know what the fuck happened to Siakam. And Danny Green is a little bitch, pass up open shots every time. The only 2 people who are not afraid of shooting was Kawhi and Van Lit.
Refs were fine? Is this some sort of joke?

Steph was getting mauled on each possession. Refs aren't calling shit for Steph.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-03-2019, 07:28 PM   #14138

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestTea View Post
Refs were fine? Is this some sort of joke?

Steph was getting mauled on each possession. Refs aren't calling shit for Steph.
Welcome to the playoffs, have you been watching? They have been calling like this since the conference semifinals. Prison ball no blood no foul. Which is great. I don't want to see your ass getting bailed out at the foul line.

Every call on GS or TO was well deserved.

If you think ref was a problem like every other townfolks out there, you shouldn't watch playoffs ball. This is the same type of playoff calls you get, every single year. Refs have been nothing but stellar this series. You are getting cream-de-la-cream of refs. Tony Brothers, Scott Foster, etc who knows every player's tricks in the book. It isn't gonna get better than this.

Did you see the screens Gasol set on Iggy that almost sent him out on a stretcher. Yeahhhhhh. This is the type of ball we sit through the bum ass reg season (where little bitches like Harden get sent to the foul lines 20 times a game) 6 months of the year to wait to watch.

Last edited by Nlkko; 06-03-2019 at 07:38 PM.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-03-2019, 09:33 PM   #14139

Quote:
Welcome to the playoffs, have you been watching? They have been calling like this since the conference semifinals. Prison ball no blood no foul. Which is great. I don't want to see your ass getting bailed out at the foul line.

Every call on GS or TO was well deserved.

If you think ref was a problem like every other townfolks out there, you shouldn't watch playoffs ball. This is the same type of playoff calls you get, every single year. Refs have been nothing but stellar this series. You are getting cream-de-la-cream of refs. Tony Brothers, Scott Foster, etc who knows every player's tricks in the book. It isn't gonna get better than this.

Did you see the screens Gasol set on Iggy that almost sent him out on a stretcher. Yeahhhhhh. This is the type of ball we sit through the bum ass reg season (where little bitches like Harden get sent to the foul lines 20 times a game) 6 months of the year to wait to watch.
We're definitely watching different games. Curry doesn't even get 'normal' treatment, never-less superstar treatment (IE: Harden). There's a bunch of threads around on various forums that think the same, it's definitely not only me that's noticing.

Tony Brothers, the SAME Tony Brothers that was voted worst ref?! Don't get me started on Scott Foster and his 'friendship' with the infamous game-fixing scandal. When you call someone 134 times, somethings up.

These refs are trash.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-03-2019, 09:49 PM   #14140

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
anyone else have a deep dark feeling toronto might fuck this up and pull a canucks?.
Old 06-03-2019, 11:28 PM   #14141
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,402 Times in 552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Money View Post
anyone else have a deep dark feeling toronto might fuck this up and pull a canucks?.
Lets see who can have the bigger riot
Teriyaki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 09:52 AM   #14142

Quote:

I agree 100 percent. Raptors let game 2 slip away from their klaws.

They played really good defence for a four minute stretch in the 4th quarter to hold GSW without any points. The problem was the missed open shots. Shooting bricks when the Raps were down 5 points in the game.

Then Iggy shoots the dagger 3 to put away the game.

Ibaka, Powell, Danny Green, Gasol, Spicy P, and K Low need to step up their games to support Kawhi. The King of the North needs help from his team mates to play "take no prisoners" ball in game 3 and onward.

Defend the basket. Play physical defense for all 48 minutes. Make the most of the fast break opportunities despite the improved GSW transition defence. Make the open shots. As per the Avengers, whatever it takes to win games!

Bring that warrior mentality against the Warriors!

We the North!

Last edited by pastarocket; 06-05-2019 at 10:51 AM.
Old 06-05-2019, 10:54 AM   #14143

People ...the Raptors are not going to win this 4-0. Split in the first 2 is about right. It gets harder and harder every round. What they could do to Bucks they cannot do to the GSW as easily ... GSW are 3 time champs in the last 4 years.

Here's a little preview for you .. if they get a split over the next two... it's GOOD! Don't freak out if they lose one in Oakland.

Last edited by whitev70r; 06-05-2019 at 01:08 PM.
Old 06-05-2019, 05:58 PM   #14144
Ebisu Boss

GS bangwagoners freaking out that KD and Klay are out, screaming with pitchforks that if Raptors win there should be an asterisk.
lmao oh how short term their memory is, I guess asterisk's should be handed out like candy since Zaza had to injure Kawhi on their road to the trophy and if CP3 didn't get hurt while up 3-2 it would be a different story too.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2019, 07:01 PM   #14145

The Official NBA thread

Danny Green is Money tonight from the three point arc.

Finally, Raps outscore GSW in a third quarter. Finish strong!

Old 06-05-2019, 07:41 PM   #14146

Let's be honest ... * game.
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-05-2019, 07:49 PM   #14147

The Official NBA thread

Go Raptors! Money Green, Gasol, Ibaka, and K Low played their best game so far in the Finals.

Kawhi and Van Vleet had another great game.

Great ball movement of offence. Lock down defence with good rotations and shot blocking.

52.4 percent field goal percentage. Impressive shooting. Block party by Ibaka.

Raps exploited Boogie’s slow footwork on the block tonight.

Chef Curry had a great game despite the loss.

Thumbs down to the idiot fan in the courtside seat who pushed Lowry.

Last edited by pastarocket; 06-05-2019 at 08:49 PM.
Old 06-05-2019, 09:42 PM   #14148
Ebisu Boss

Now Curry knows what it felt like for Lebron. No help from supporting cast in the finals even with a masterful performance.
1-legged Cousins and 500-year old Bogut anchoring the middle.
Klay in a wheelchair is better than Quinn Cook.

Karma going full circle after all the Warriors shenanigans, Draymond donkey kicking Steven Adams, Zaza "boxing out" Kawhi, etc.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-05-2019, 09:59 PM   #14149
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
dont think durant will come back anytime soon, next game is in 2 days
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 10:49 PM   #14150
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
havent watch nba in a long ass time and seriously, raps got a shot if they keep playing like they did today

i didnt see any games perviously but my guess is GSW got the last wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote