REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 08-20-2020, 04:18 PM   #14351
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Didn't realize Masai had an altercation with security after winning the title at the arena in GS. He was also sued by the sheriff deputy. Body cam footage released showed the story the guy played was a lie.

He was off on"injury leave" and leaked photos of him doing Reno's and lifting stuff at home.
Advertisement

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 10:19 AM   #14352
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,560 Times in 1,710 Posts
^These are the kind of guys working in the police force..
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 01:06 PM   #14353
Banned By Establishment

The Official NBA thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
Didn't realize Masai had an altercation with security after winning the title at the arena in GS. He was also sued by the sheriff deputy. Body cam footage released showed the story the guy played was a lie.

He was off on"injury leave" and leaked photos of him doing Reno's and lifting stuff at home.

I was watching the finals and you could see the altercation when Masai tried to make his way to the court. Then you see Kyle Lowry grab him and pull him over to the celebration

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 06:03 AM   #14354
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
yes sports news agencies were showing that footage too when they were breaking the news too. i'm glad they were more blunt than 'news' news agencies saying dude was basically straight up lying and masai was right.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 02:48 PM   #14355
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 3,986 Times in 1,897 Posts
Dallas over Clippers with a 3 pt buzzer beater today ... series tied 2-2! Luka with the dagger!

Hope Clippers fail.
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 07:31 PM   #14356
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Damn it. I sold 2 x PSA 9 of my Luka rookie cards before playoffs started thinking Clippers will take this easily. Guess not =/
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 12:40 PM   #14357
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,488 Times in 1,687 Posts
Bucks players are not playing game 5 vs Orlando. Boycott in response to Jacob Blake shooting. Props to the Bucks.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article...ries-vs-magic/

Old 08-26-2020, 02:40 PM   #14358
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
The actions of the shooting is not even justified where Jacob were to get shot 7 times. In no shape or form the officers safety was compromised. Respect to the players standing up against the bullshit from the police.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 02:51 PM   #14359

While I sympathize with their cause, I fail to see how their actions (boycotting games or even bigger step of ending the season) help the cause. On the contrary, now they lose the opportunity and the prime time to say anything about it.
Old 08-26-2020, 02:53 PM   #14360
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
While I sympathize with their cause, I fail to see how their actions (boycotting games or even bigger step of ending the season) help the cause. On the contrary, now they lose the opportunity and the prime time to say anything about it.
You've got it backwards. By playing the game, they would be losing the opportunity to say anything about it. By refusing to play, they're saying a lot and now the topic is getting a lot more attention.

Currently on TNT, instead of a basketball game, they're talking about it
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 04:36 PM   #14361
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
the bucks had 2 players who were abused by the police in the past. I agree with skinny, it says a lot when this is being discussed instead of watching a playoff game during prime time.
van_city23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 06:27 PM   #14362

The Official NBA thread

When some of the NBA owners, in particular the Milwaukee Bucks owner given that Jacob Blake was shot SEVEN times in Wisconsin, start losing more money from these game boycotts, I hope the owners take action to put pressure on politicians.

How about some NBA owners calling the attorney general and governor of Wisconsin to make sure those cops are under criminal investigation?

LeBron’s latest tweet:

Old 08-26-2020, 07:48 PM   #14363

You want the NBA owners to lobby politicians to make changes on this issue because they are losing money? Do you seriously think that's a good approach to this? Really ??
Old 08-26-2020, 08:25 PM   #14364

Quote:
You want the NBA owners to lobby politicians to make changes on this issue because they are losing money? Do you seriously think that's a good approach to this? Really ??
It's a suggestion. What will it take for NBA players to start playing playoff games again? Owners will talk to their players behind the scenes after providing a public statement about supporting the boycott.

I don't think for a minute that the owners are willing to lose money with players boycotting games without listening to the players. Listen to the player's demands.

Money talks. Money runs political lobbying. That's how the world works.

The player's approach of wearing social justice slogans or "Black Lives Matter" t-shirts won't turn the tide of systemic racism in our society. Maybe the voice for action needs to come from the very top of the NBA. The owners.
Old 08-26-2020, 08:48 PM   #14365

Quote:
When people literally only care about money, and they literally are the only ones with power, what are the other options?
Old 08-27-2020, 05:12 AM   #14366

The Official NBA thread

John Wall’s latest tweet:

Last edited by pastarocket; 08-27-2020 at 06:53 AM.
pastarocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 08:43 AM   #14367

Old 08-27-2020, 10:22 AM   #14368

Props to these guys, talk about putting your money where your mouth is.

The fact is the DeVos family are part owners of the Orlando Magic, who are heavily invested in Trump's cabinet and campaign. Quite a few owners are also large contributors to the Trump campaign.

In the player's eyes, why are we playing for an ownership team that invests to heavily in a president that does not see us as human beings? Sounds like the playoffs will continue anyways, the boycott appears to simply be for a day.

I assume some internal negotiations happened in terms of actions from the executives, who knows.
Old 08-27-2020, 11:52 AM   #14369

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
Props to these guys, talk about putting your money where your mouth is.
Oh c'mon ... how did the 2 nights of boycott demonstrate the players 'putting their money where their mouth is'. Tell me how much did each player lose in terms of their salary? Now if the players said, effed the playoffs and the championship, we're all walking, then I'd be ... woe, these guys are really serious. But as you know, they voted to resume play on Friday.

Again, I contend the actions of the NBA players, however well meaning, a bit of an emotional reaction, didn't do a damn thing to the cause. Notta.

Last edited by whitev70r; 08-27-2020 at 12:08 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-27-2020, 01:54 PM   #14370

Quote:
Oh c'mon ... how did the 2 nights of boycott demonstrate the players 'putting their money where their mouth is'. Tell me how much did each player lose in terms of their salary? Now if the players said, effed the playoffs and the championship, we're all walking, then I'd be ... woe, these guys are really serious. But as you know, they voted to resume play on Friday.

Again, I contend the actions of the NBA players, however well meaning, a bit of an emotional reaction, didn't do a damn thing to the cause. Notta.
So what is your issue then? Seems you are complaining for the sake of complaining. What would you want them to do? What course of action would satisfy your thoughts here? Would you be happy if they boycotted the rest of the season instead?

We have no idea what negotiations had occurred in order to resume playing, so really we're simply hypothesizing here.
Old 08-28-2020, 09:34 PM   #14371

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
So what is your issue then? Seems you are complaining for the sake of complaining. What would you want them to do? What course of action would satisfy your thoughts here? Would you be happy if they boycotted the rest of the season instead?

We have no idea what negotiations had occurred in order to resume playing, so really we're simply hypothesizing here.
I think the issue is it seems like a publicity stunt more than anything. Obviously we don't know what agreements were made to resume play, maybe something substantial was gained through it all but I don't see why they wouldn't tell us if that happened. Right now it just looks like sports took a couple of days off and then it's business as usual.

It's not my place to tell them what to do, but if I took a day off work on Friday to protest and then went to work on Saturday so I still get paid it just looks fake.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-28-2020, 09:53 PM   #14372

"seems like a publicity stunt" right when people were starting to forget the original meaning of BLM, while cops continue to kill black people...

Then they go and make the NBA owners turn all their arenas into polling centers

Like that is just one thing that came out of this, I don't know how that can be dismissed (well I do actually, but)
This post thanked by:
Old 08-28-2020, 10:21 PM   #14373

I would love to see change in America because they are becoming a lost cause. Hopefully those extra polling stations pan out and make a difference in the election. I think if the NBA, NHL, and MLB all joined together and cancelled their seasons it would have made a huge statement. This still comes off as a quick fix to a problem that is so much bigger than extra polling stations. The players look good for attempting something, the league looks good for giving a little. Let's see what happens I guess.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-29-2020, 12:07 PM   #14374

Yeah, it's not possible for someone to just fix everything all at once. But every change for the better is a good thing. Maybe taking a few days off does nothing more than if they'd taken the whole season off? Either way, to see this as anything but a good thing is kinda
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-29-2020, 12:15 PM   #14375

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Yeah, it's not possible for someone to just fix everything all at once. But every change for the better is a good thing. Maybe taking a few days off does nothing more than if they'd taken the whole season off? Either way, to see this as anything but a good thing is kinda
Exactly, you don't know any more than I do what the best course of action is. No one's saying them cancelling the season would fix it all at once, but I guarantee that today it would still be a huge story demanding attention. Instead, it's "what times the game on today?".
This post thanked by: