REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   The Official NBA thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/565101-official-nba-thread.html)

hotshot1 07-08-2010 06:20 PM

I've lost a ton of respect for Lebron after this. He chose not to have his own team but to be second banana on another team (It's clearly DWade's team) ... while he's the best fucking player in the league.

MJ would have never done this, neither would Kobe. Even Pippen was mad that he didn't get the last shot in the 94' playoffs but Lebron CHOOSING to be the 2nd bana is just fucking disgraceful.

Even though they have 2 of the 3 best players in the league, they're not gonna win because of a lack of a supporting cast.

I can't wait to watch them fail.

dachinesedude 07-08-2010 06:40 PM

this is a huge slap in the face for the city of cleveland, lets see whats gonna happen when the heat pay a visit to the cavs

liu13 07-08-2010 06:47 PM

he has the chance to win 5+ rings now =D
i'm happy for him, they are providing us fans with tons of entertainment for years to come

411ken 07-08-2010 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotshot1 (Post 7021389)
I've lost a ton of respect for Lebron after this. He chose not to have his own team but to be second banana on another team (It's clearly DWade's team) ... while he's the best fucking player in the league.

MJ would have never done this, neither would Kobe. Even Pippen was mad that he didn't get the last shot in the 94' playoffs but Lebron CHOOSING to be the 2nd bana is just fucking disgraceful.

Even though they have 2 of the 3 best players in the league, they're not gonna win because of a lack of a supporting cast.

I can't wait to watch them fail.

I feel the same way 100%...... Although I'm a Wade fan (I have his jersey as well), I don't see myself cheering for them at all now....

Anyone willing to bet that this will now be the pattern/trend of the NBA? Next year, it will be Melo making his "decision" and join Kobe! hahaah jk

Ilagon 07-08-2010 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dachinesedude (Post 7021413)
this is a huge slap in the face for the city of cleveland, lets see whats gonna happen when the heat pay a visit to the cavs

I hope Cleveland will give him a nice applause, it's not liked he played half-assed ala Vince Carter. The fact is, he wants to win a championship, which is what most professional athletes strive for in their respective sports. So far, the Cavs have done nothing to show LBJ a change in their team, except the coaching change. I'm sure there were discussions between the two parties about what the Cavs would do in order to help LBJ win a championship.

I would find it amusing if Shaq finds his way to Miami as well for a lower salary to maybe finish off his career with a championship. If he can prove his relevance. All I know is that 2010/11 season is gonna be awesome. :thumbsup:

Jermyzy 07-08-2010 07:29 PM

They are not guaranteed to win the championship. I think a healthy Lakers team will give them a run, they have more depth. Miami will have to fill their roster with minimum salary players (currently no good shooters). Also, how will their chemistry be like? With the game on the line, will all 3 players demand the ball? When the Boston big three was formed, they were all veteran players who realized what it would take to win, and willing to give up individual stats to win. Not sure if the same can be said with D-wade, Lebron, and Bosh.

Alpine50 07-08-2010 08:04 PM

This team is fucking STACKED lol I'm hopin on this bangwagon I don't care if anyone makes fun of me lol ditching magic, still love Lewis and Howard though
Posted via RS Mobile

Porschedog 07-08-2010 08:20 PM

THE NEW BIG 3 YEAHHHHH

Mugen EvOlutioN 07-08-2010 08:21 PM

plz AI

go to heat for dirt cheap...for once go to a decent team.....

Mugen EvOlutioN 07-08-2010 08:26 PM

than Shaq should go back to miami

AI
wade
lebron
bosh
shaq

LOL

hotjoint 07-08-2010 08:26 PM

Miami is pretty much a lock to win the east now but taking the championship from the lakers in the final will be no easy task. Anyone who thinks that the heat are going to roll over every team should think twice. Basketball is a team game so the 9 other players will have to be factors too. They can't just stand around and pass the ball to the big 3 and expect to win game like that. It's going to be an interesting upcoming season

Mugen EvOlutioN 07-08-2010 08:30 PM

true
and gotta pray no injures were to happen

rit now they got no bench

Ilagon 07-08-2010 08:41 PM

The East will be fun to watch, but I'm still gonna be rooting for the Lakers so Phil Jackson can get his fourth three-peat.
Posted via RS Mobile

Porschedog 07-08-2010 09:05 PM

stoudemire is a loner

411ken 07-08-2010 09:25 PM

The Heat bandwagon is filling up faster than ever....o baby... I was a Heat/Wade fan.. but now.. i don't know..

I enjoyed the interview with Barkley.. I dont' know about you, but I agree with him that LBJ's legacy will take a hit... 25 years old and piggybacking on Wade/Bosh...

411ken 07-08-2010 09:35 PM

Christmas day games

Celtics @ Lakers
Heat @ Cavaliers

Rating records will be broken... haha

Mugen EvOlutioN 07-08-2010 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 411ken (Post 7021677)
The Heat bandwagon is filling up faster than ever....o baby... I was a Heat/Wade fan.. but now.. i don't know..

I enjoyed the interview with Barkley.. I dont' know about you, but I agree with him that LBJ's legacy will take a hit... 25 years old and piggybacking on Wade/Bosh...

AI, 34 years old...sure needs piggybacking as hell

lol

Alpine50 07-08-2010 09:43 PM

Nvm I ain't ditching my magic boyz lol but the heats first then magic ha next years season is going to be crazy. I hope i can go see a game in Portland
Posted via RS Mobile

MR_BIGGS 07-08-2010 09:56 PM

The 3 of them combine for like 80+ points..lol..will be interesting to watch.

Simulated 07-08-2010 09:59 PM

every great NBA legend has had a partner in crime (or 2) to win championships with. i don't see him joining bosh and wade as any different. the only thing is, he probably would have done away with the whole 1 hour special to announce it.

shawn79 07-08-2010 10:00 PM

none of them would want to pass the ball because their all ball hogs

ZenZa 07-08-2010 10:25 PM

team stackers! even up the teams!

MDMA 07-08-2010 10:44 PM

Lol at the hater comments, flash, king, cb4 aint gna be stoped
Posted via RS Mobile

shawn79 07-08-2010 11:13 PM

^ say hi to kobe gasol artest when spring 2011 comes

Audi-Quattro 07-08-2010 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simulated (Post 7021736)
every great NBA legend has had a partner in crime (or 2) to win championships with. i don't see him joining bosh and wade as any different. the only thing is, he probably would have done away with the whole 1 hour special to announce it.

No the difference is those NBA legends didn't ditch their team to win championships, they build the championship team from where they were from. Like Barkley said, he's only 25... he shouldn't be doing this when he's still so young