REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 12-26-2010, 12:05 AM   #2651
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwon View Post
wow miami...
I question how clutch Kobe truly is. Yeah, he hits big shots in the dying seconds against mediocre teams, but he never shows up to the big games. His shooting percentage is horrible in all the games that actually matter. If they pull out the W, it's because Gasol lifted them on his shoulders.

Moreover, LeBron always seems to get the best of him and the Lakers. If no other team manages to stop the Heat in the east and they meet the Lakers in the final, the Lakers will lose. They don't have, and never have had an answer for him.
Advertisement
1-Slicer-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 12:17 AM   #2652
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
It doesn't really matter in the regular season how well Lebron plays. It only matters in the playoffs. It's Kobe time in the playoffs.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 12:28 AM   #2653
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Honestly, Miami beating LA wasnt a big surpise to me.

But having the big 3 play that well + without haslem and miller - thats what scares me

still:

A healthy Boston > A health Miami =)
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 01:00 AM   #2654
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

today's game was so hard to watch... Lakers didn't show up at all

oh well, i still hope that they win the finals this year.
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 01:15 PM   #2655
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
holy clippers games r exciting to watch now

blake griffin my new fav player lol
shawn79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 06:23 PM   #2656
My homepage has been set to RS

yellowpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 06:27 PM   #2657
My homepage has been set to RS

http://www.nba.com/video/games/clipp...lac_recap.nba/
yellowpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:30 AM   #2658
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
speakin of Charlotte Larry Brown is the PG killer, he's just killing DJ Augustine this year that kid has got some mad fckin game if you seen his rookie year you know what I mean, I hate what Larry Brown does to players only guy that told him to fck off was Iverson
Posted via RS Mobile
looks like you were correct. augustine ripped shit up today under paul silas
jonwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:09 AM   #2659
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwon View Post
looks like you were correct. augustine ripped shit up today under paul silas
Probably because the 'Cats are trying to play under a 14-second shot-clock. I'm sure DJ likes the uptempo styled offense.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:13 PM   #2660
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

hmmm... Lakers on a 3 game losing streak?
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:26 PM   #2661

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
yea Charlottes new coach has been running practices with a 14 second shot clock, fck i missed a good game then eh Jon... ill go check highlights on Nba.com right now.

DJ is gonna become Charlottes star by the end of the season for sure, then sign a fat contract, lol

it's good to see Livingston playing too, that dude been through a career ending injury and he still standin tall, good for him

Last edited by G-spec; 12-28-2010 at 10:33 PM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:57 PM   #2662
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

kobe....

8/27 for 21 pts? really
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:34 PM   #2663
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Kobes been playing poorly lately..
and yeah.. Shaun Livingston's injury still makes me go
Porschedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:49 AM   #2664
Banned (ABWS)

Lakers look pathetic.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:06 AM   #2665
Banned (ABWS)

spurs look legit

hope dallas and san antonio can give the Lakers a run for their money

i hope Boston gets over the Heat to rematch vs the Lakers
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:43 PM   #2666

I love how everyone wants to see the Lakers fail or just enjoy seeing them lose lol.. I agree, they have played poorly lately but I for one is not worried... Get back at me during the playoffs where it all matters...

As with any sports.. I'd rather have them go through this "funk" now rather than the playoffs.. I mean.. they have new players.. bynum just coming back from injury... give them a break.. I also love how Fisher comes out with some emotions going after RJ. lol

If I was a betting man.. I will bet Lakers vs Celtics once again in the finals.. and I predict the streak ends against New Orleanns.. They are champs.. they'll take care of this
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:57 PM   #2667

Anyone read what LeBron has been saying these past few days/weeks?

Before:
“Imagine if you could take Kevin Love off Minnesota and add him to another team and you shrink the [league],” James said Thursday. “Looking at some of the teams that aren’t that great, you take Brook Lopez or you take Devin Harris off these teams that aren’t that good right now and you add him to a team that could be really good. Not saying let’s take New Jersey and let’s take Minnesota out of the league. But hey, you guys are not stupid, I’m not stupid, it would be great for the league.”

After
“That’s crazy, because I had no idea what the word ‘contraction’ meant before I saw it on the Internet,” James said after the Miami Heat’s practice Monday. “I never even mentioned that. That word never even came out of my mouth. I was just saying how the league was back in the ’80s and how it could be good again. I never said, ‘Let’s take some of the teams out.’ ” (Via ESPN)

Poor LeBron... doesn't even know what Contration meant lol... See... So guys tell your kids to finish schooool!! lol
Old 12-29-2010, 11:18 PM   #2668
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
Poor LeBron... doesn't even know what Contration meant lol... See... So guys tell your kids to finish schooool!! lol
Poor you...don't even know how to spell "contraction", let alone know that it shouldn't be capitalized in the middle of a sentence...Moreover, you started your sentence in the present tense and ended it in the past tense. I'd tell you to stay in school but I question whether there is any hope for you.

If you are going to make fun of someone for being dumb, try not to sound so dumb yourself while doing it.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:08 AM   #2669
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

^lol

Lebron honestly needs someone older than him (significantly) to mentor him on the non-basketball side of things. This sort of shit should've never left his mouth.
Wongtouski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:17 AM   #2670
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts

jonwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:28 AM   #2671

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Wow. Memphis probably pissed like hell after that lost.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:42 AM   #2672

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Slicer-1 View Post
Poor you...don't even know how to spell "contraction", let alone know that it shouldn't be capitalized in the middle of a sentence...Moreover, you started your sentence in the present tense and ended it in the past tense. I'd tell you to stay in school but I question whether there is any hope for you.

If you are going to make fun of someone for being dumb, try not to sound so dumb yourself while doing it.
Oh no!! I missed the leter C....I don't know how to spel!!!

Reality check son...this is just RS... I don't have time to check my sentence for grammar, etc... lol... I bet you took some time to check yours just so anyone doesn't point anything out . Come on now... admit it i'm sure u'll deny it tho

My prediction is right.. Lakers won Kobe haters.. don't be upset

Last edited by 411ken; 12-30-2010 at 05:53 AM.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:33 AM   #2673
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
Oh no!! I missed the leter C....I don't know how to spel!!!

Reality check son...this is just RS... I don't have time to check my sentence for grammar, etc... lol... I bet you took some time to check yours just so anyone doesn't point anything out . Come on now... admit it i'm sure u'll deny it tho

My prediction is right.. Lakers won Kobe haters.. don't be upset

No, I really didn't check my grammar....I don't need to. It's really not that difficult to make sense, you know?

Anyway, I don't hate on Kobe. In fact, I admire his game for what it is. What I do hate on, however, is Kobe cock-riders who think his game is something that it's not. I only point out all the bad parts of Kobe's game so that, maybe, the Kobe dicksuckers can finally start to put things into perspective. The worst is when the dumb, ignorant Kobe fans try to argue that he's better than Jordan.

Listen; Kobe should not even be put in the same sentence as Jordan. Kobe is arguably a top 10 player in the league ever....He is nowhere close to being the G.O.A.T. I don't hate on Kobe, I just like to point out why he is nowhere close to being the G.O.A.T. so maybe these idiots can stop sucking his dick.

BTW, I see you edited your post. I'm assuming you're grammar was horrible the first time around and you had to go and do some spell-check. Good for you, but try and get it right the first time around, ok bud?
Old 12-30-2010, 08:48 AM   #2674

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Slicer-1 View Post
No, I really didn't check my grammar....I don't need to. It's really not that difficult to make sense, you know?

Anyway, I don't hate on Kobe. In fact, I admire his game for what it is. What I do hate on, however, is Kobe cock-riders who think his game is something that it's not. I only point out all the bad parts of Kobe's game so that, maybe, the Kobe dicksuckers can finally start to put things into perspective. The worst is when the dumb, ignorant Kobe fans try to argue that he's better than Jordan.

Listen; Kobe should not even be put in the same sentence as Jordan. Kobe is arguably a top 10 player in the league ever....He is nowhere close to being the G.O.A.T. I don't hate on Kobe, I just like to point out why he is nowhere close to being the G.O.A.T. so maybe these idiots can stop sucking his dick.

BTW, I see you edited your post. I'm assuming you're grammar was horrible the first time around and you had to go and do some spell-check. Good for you, but try and get it right the first time around, ok bud?
Don't worry son.. I edited it to purposely add more spelling mistakes as I know you will point it out or bring up that I edited it.... you sure didn't disappoint me there

Any why are you so worked up with Kobe/Jordan? Did anyone close to you recently brought that up and you had to vent online? lol....

I'm curious though.... Do you think LeBron should be put in the same sentence as Kobe then? (If LeBron wins 4 or whatever titles with the Heat)
Old 12-30-2010, 09:00 AM   #2675
Banned (ABWS)

anyone else think Kobe is finally over the hill? more easy to lock down

or will he turn into the scoring machine again in the playoffs?

anyways

KG goes down, hope it's not serious and he's back in full form when it matters
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote