REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 01-12-2011, 11:24 PM   #2801
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

Clips are finally looking good. They've had a decent squad with talented young players for a few years now but never produce any results. Looks like they are turning it around this year.
Advertisement
n0ob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:31 PM   #2802
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,841 Times in 386 Posts
Couldn't agree more about the Clips, with a future of Bledsoe, Gordon, Aminu, Griffin and Jordan(stepping it up in the past 2 weeks as a huge defensive presence), it looks good for the other LA team. Now they just have to get rid of Chris Caveman. BD is having a resurgence too
k3lv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:40 AM   #2803
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

big win for the clips over the heat last night!
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:22 AM   #2804
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

I know griffin gets fouled a lot but he also bitches when he doesn't get a call did you guys notice that
Posted via RS Mobile
jaebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:23 AM   #2805
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Eric gordon is just playing fantastic now reminds me of a wade/ellis
Posted via RS Mobile
jaebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:47 AM   #2806
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaebomb View Post
I know griffin gets fouled a lot but he also bitches when he doesn't get a call did you guys notice that
Posted via RS Mobile
lol... please name an nba player who would be happy if they got hit but didn't get a foul called lol..

Last night is a sign that Griffin is not an "elite" to the Refs just yet as one sequence, he got fouled but didn't get a call then Wade goes the other way and barely got hit and got the call lol

For now, Griffin just needs to simmer down a bit and get the respect of the Refs.... just my 2 cents
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:36 PM   #2807

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
lol... please name an nba player who would be happy if they got hit but didn't get a foul called lol..

Last night is a sign that Griffin is not an "elite" to the Refs just yet as one sequence, he got fouled but didn't get a call then Wade goes the other way and barely got hit and got the call lol

For now, Griffin just needs to simmer down a bit and get the respect of the Refs.... just my 2 cents
True that, and it's probably for the best right now. He should work on making his free throws first so he's ready when he gets the chance to get make frequent trips to the charity stripe.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:26 PM   #2808
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Sick game last night, I caught the ending

LeBron's tweet came to mind right when the clock was ticking down to 0

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:08 PM   #2809
Banned (ABWS)

hoping miami loses again tonight, but not probable

okc and orl is another good matchup
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:49 PM   #2810
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
if supersonics never relocateed, would they be as good as they are now as the THUNDER?
shawn79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:02 PM   #2811
Banned (ABWS)

Miami needs a legit point apart from Chalmers. Arroyos just doesn't cut it
LookHere_Sucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:06 PM   #2812
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
^ no need, they got Lebron.... how often do you see him running PG, well, quite often, so yea they are one exception of a team where they really could get away without a legit point guard on the team
Old 01-13-2011, 07:30 PM   #2813
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookHere_Sucka View Post
Miami needs a legit point apart from Chalmers. Arroyos just doesn't cut it
Their PGs are aite......they need BIGs that rebound and play inside. Not Chris "Stapler" Bosh

(only people who listen to TBJ will get that).
Wongtouski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:58 PM   #2814
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,068 Times in 358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wongtouski View Post
Their PGs are aite......they need BIGs that rebound and play inside. Not Chris "Stapler" Bosh

(only people who listen to TBJ will get that).
for those who don't:

http://thebssreport.blogspot.com/201...arison-to.html
roflwaffle604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:03 PM   #2815
Banned (ABWS)

^I laughed so hard, LOL
Bosh isn't playing terribly but he isn't earning his salary so far.
He was only a star when he was the face of the Raps. Now that he's playing with actual superstars like Lebron and Wade, he's just another above-average player.
LookHere_Sucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:26 PM   #2816
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,068 Times in 358 Posts
i guess now he's doing fine but that was more for earlier in the season when it was obvious he was not playing up to expectations.

also, jr smith making it rain on the heat tonight. 8 3's!!
roflwaffle604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:45 PM   #2817
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

expected trade next week !
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:50 PM   #2818

^ Hwhat?
Old 01-13-2011, 09:54 PM   #2819
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

oh saw a article on nba.com but nevermind lol such a misleading title -_________-

will anyone actually be surpised if the big trade does go off?
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:05 PM   #2820

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookHere_Sucka View Post
^I laughed so hard, LOL
Bosh isn't playing terribly but he isn't earning his salary so far.
He was only a star when he was the face of the Raps. Now that he's playing with actual superstars like Lebron and Wade, he's just another above-average player.
What numbers were expected from Bosh? I guarantee you NO big man in the league will put up superstar numbers alongside Wade and LeBron. Those guys run that team and Bosh is simply doing his job and that is to play good team defense, hit jumpers, and get boards and that's exactly what he's done while shooting a very efficient 50% from the field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuuhoo View Post
oh saw a article on nba.com but nevermind lol such a misleading title -_________-

will anyone actually be surpised if the big trade does go off?
The only big trade that's gonna go off is the one the Nuggs make with New York which is supposedly supposed to involve the Memphis Grizzlies giving up OJ Mayo to New York as well. If something goes down with the Nets, then Melo is stupid.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:20 PM   #2821
degenerate extraordinaire

so the grizzlies get the blunt end of the stick again?

I'm still wondering wtf was up with the pau gasol trade back then with the lakers hahah
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:37 PM   #2822

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikkaku View Post
so the grizzlies get the blunt end of the stick again?

I'm still wondering wtf was up with the pau gasol trade back then with the lakers hahah
Well, they did get the draft rights to Marc Gasol out of it. They got the Lakers first round draft pick in 2008 (which they picked Donte Green with and traded him and their 2009 2nd round draft pick to Portland for Darrell Arthur). They also got the Lakers 2010 1st round pick who ended up being Greivis Vasquez and he seems like he could end up being pretty good player as well. On top of that, they got Kwame Brown's expiring contract, Javaris Crittenton, and Aaron McKie. McKie wasn't even in the league at that point, the Lakers called him up while he was an assistant coach for the 76ers and told him they needed to sign him for salary cap purposes in order for the trade to be made possible. He was released a month later and went back to being an assistant coach for Philly.

So they basically ended up getting Marc Gasol, Darrell Arthur, Greivis Vasquez, and Kwame's expiring contract in exchange for Pau and Devin Ebanks (from Grizzlies 2010 2nd round pick). Not as bad as it seemed and it was probably necessary for a team looking to build from scratch.

Last edited by n0ob; 01-13-2011 at 11:44 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:28 AM   #2823

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0ob View Post
What numbers were expected from Bosh? I guarantee you NO big man in the league will put up superstar numbers alongside Wade and LeBron. Those guys run that team and Bosh is simply doing his job and that is to play good team defense, hit jumpers, and get boards and that's exactly what he's done while shooting a very efficient 50% from the field.

NEIN, we're not talking about stats. We're talking about what they need in their starting Big Man. Interior defense, interior rebounding (off and def), inside scoring, a big man that can draw the occasional double team. Bosh does.......none of those things. Check the boxscore and you'll see that Wade often equals or trumps his rebound totals. In fact as it stands Wade has more blocks. And oh yes, as a big man, you're expect to shoot at least 50% because you do the bulk of your scoring in the paint, but u know what? 50% is low, it should be high .500s (and he's the highest paid of all three).
Old 01-14-2011, 01:02 AM   #2824

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wongtouski View Post
NEIN, we're not talking about stats. We're talking about what they need in their starting Big Man. Interior defense, interior rebounding (off and def), inside scoring, a big man that can draw the occasional double team. Bosh does.......none of those things. Check the boxscore and you'll see that Wade often equals or trumps his rebound totals. In fact as it stands Wade has more blocks. And oh yes, as a big man, you're expect to shoot at least 50% because you do the bulk of your scoring in the paint, but u know what? 50% is low, it should be high .500s (and he's the highest paid of all three).
But anyone who EXPECTED him to do that would be stupid. He never did that in Toronto so what, was he magically supposed to pull that out of his hat once he got to Miami?

He was obviously going to average more rebounds in Toronto where everyone plays like a pussy apart from Reggie Evans who never even played.

Again, anyone who expected that Bosh would be the big tough guy down low in Miami was stupid to do so. Bosh is doing exactly what he was expected to do. It has always been known right from day 1 that they are lacking a big body inside to do those things you mentioned. That was never Bosh's game, and never will be.

That said, despite lacking any true big body inside, the Heat have still managed to have one of the best defenses (if not the best) in the league, holding opponents to a league best 43% from the field. Is Bosh to thank for that? No, maybe not, but he's most definitely doing his part.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:14 AM   #2825
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

nice win for the nuggets last night. Melo to the knick again?
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote