REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 01-06-2011, 09:08 PM   #2751
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Just wanted to share my Lakers experience, it was worth every penny

sorry, I don't know how to rotate the video clip...

and this is the Nike store wall in Santa Monica place...

Advertisement
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-07-2011, 07:53 AM   #2752
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

^ Wow in all whites, sexy. They should have had an all black wall as well
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:22 AM   #2753
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Nice pictures! any more videos Dood? lol
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:23 AM   #2754

I don't think "all black" would work well as a display... I mean Red and White are the Bulls home colors so it just makes sense that they display it like this.....
Old 01-08-2011, 02:06 PM   #2755
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,841 Times in 386 Posts
In regards to the dunk contest, just watch the D-League dunk contests, much more high flyers and exciting rim rockers. I guess they are d-league material for that reason as they are more one dimensional players. still exciting.
and heres a 2009 D-League dunk contest video playlist. Forget the NBA dunk contest
k3lv is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-08-2011, 02:34 PM   #2756
Banned (ABWS)

^ I'm still bored...
1_slicer_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:14 PM   #2757
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

That's better than shit the nba have done since j rich
Posted via RS Mobile
jaebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:30 PM   #2758

Last year, LBJ promised to participate in the dunk contest this year, I guess he has "better things to do".

Those dunks are meh, didn't have the WOW factor since the Vince Carter/McGrady era.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:45 PM   #2759
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

ever since igudoloa got robbed by nate back in 06? I havent cared about the dunk contest
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:30 PM   #2760

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
Nice pictures! any more videos Dood? lol

Taken by an iphone4 from row 15
This post thanked by:
Old 01-09-2011, 06:20 PM   #2761
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
Quote:
The New Jersey Nets were close on Sunday evening to acquiring All-Star forward Carmelo Anthony from the Denver Nuggets in a three-team deal with the Detroit Pistons, but are still looking to get a commitment from Anthony and his camp on a long-term contract, according to two league sources.

The deal would send Anthony, along with guards Chauncey Billups and Anthony Carter, along with center Shelden Williams, to the Nets. Detroit would send veteran Rip Hamilton to New Jersey. The Nets would send guard Devin Harris, rookie forward Derrick Favors, guards Anthony Morrow, Stephen Graham, Quinton Ross and Ben Uzoh, along with two first-round picks, to the Nuggets. New Jersey would send center Johan Petro and forward Troy Murphy (and his expiring $12 million contract) to Detroit.
even though it's not finalized, nuggets planning to move billups as well? imo bad move...
jonwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:13 PM   #2762

^I like Billups but it's time for him to go (especially that Melo is going). They have a good backup in Lawson who's been effective and now, they can get Harris/Favors and some picks... It's a good time to move billups while he's still have some "value".
Old 01-09-2011, 07:18 PM   #2763
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwon View Post
even though it's not finalized, nuggets planning to move billups as well? imo bad move...
Nugs going nohwhere, they might as well just dump all sorts of salary and just start over.
Wongtouski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:36 PM   #2764

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
hotdamn who just saw the Blazers Heat game ?

whatta show by Lebron and Wade, quality fckin entertainment right thurr, I'm entertained all right

James white is nuts, if the wanna spice up the dunk conest they should allow some street ballers attend and have sort of a showdown NBA vs World or something, group them up and let them go at it, I guarantee it would bring out the competitive nature of these finely tuned athletes and we would be treated to a helluva show. But I don't think that's ever gonna happen because tradition tradition, but fck if yall keep bitchin about it then do somethin about it to freshen it up.

Last edited by G-spec; 01-09-2011 at 08:43 PM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:00 PM   #2765
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

^ Yeah that game was nuts. Too bad the only player blazers could rely on was Aldridge
Porschedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:33 AM   #2766
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
hotdamn who just saw the Blazers Heat game ?

whatta show by Lebron and Wade, quality fckin entertainment right thurr, I'm entertained all right
Remember when people said it would never work? My god, they look good, don't they? Remember when people called Bosh overrated and that he wouldn't do shit in Miami? I dunno, he's look pretty good right about now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonwon View Post
How on earth is moving Billups a bad move? Billups is old, beat up, and, quite frankly, playing pretty poorly. I bet Ty Lawson would come in right now and do better for the team. That said, if the trade goes through, he would be replaced with Devin Harris anyway. You wouldn't trade Billups for Devin Harris at this stage in their career, especially when your team isn't even close to being a contender?

Anyway...

If Melo, agrees to sign this extension (which reports are stating that he's ''on board'' with signing an extension with the nets), I don't understand how this puts him in a better situation. He stated he will only go to NJ if some other quality talent comes along with him.

Now, the Nets already have a pretty talented squad to begin with. Brook Lopez, Devin Harris, Troy Murphy, Travis Outlaw, Jordan Farmar etc etc. are pretty talented players. That said, their coach seems horrible...Avery Johnson is looking like a complete idiot. For some reason, Brook Lopez sucks under him after having a pretty huge year last season. For some reason, Troy Murphy doesn't even get playing time after having a pretty huge year last season. Terrence Williams looked like he had potential to put up near triple double averages last season, and, again, he didn't even get off the bench...Travis Outlaw proved he was a quality player in Portland, yet in NJ, he all of a sudden sucks? I bet Derrick Favors is a pretty good player too, but he just can't do anything under that idiot of a coach.

The rumours are that the trade will involve the nets giving away Favors, Harris, Murphy, and Morrow. They will receive Billups and Richard Hamilton. Billups has already stated that he will want to be bought out. So they basically are shipping out Murphy, Harris, Favors, and Morrow, and Melo comes in alongside RIP. Is this the "more talent" that Melo was asking for to come in with him to NJ? Wow, is he dumb?

If I was Melo, I would refuse to sign this extension, wait for a trade that lands him in New York to form, or just play out the season with Denver and sign with New York next season.

That said, here's what Melo thinks about the current trade that is forming:

Quote:
After a sluggish defeat on Sunday, Carmelo Anthony said "I don't see it happening," in reference to the proposed trade that would send him to New Jersey.
Melo wouldn't get into specifics, but this is a curious statement considering the Nets are confident he'll sign an extension and most sources feel the deal is on the verge of getting done. Rumors and details continue to swirl, so check back frequently for the latest Melo-drama.
Jan. 10 - 12:01 am et
- rotowire

Hmmm....

Last edited by 1_slicer_1; 01-10-2011 at 01:40 AM.
1_slicer_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-10-2011, 02:47 PM   #2767
I bringith the lowerballerith

for those that wanna travel back in time to 2000

2005 G35 Coupe - sold
kayceeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:45 PM   #2768
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

Why the fail, Wongtouski?
T.J.Dhanoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:00 PM   #2769
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
^third acc looll

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:10 PM   #2770

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not really racist! View Post
^third acc looll
LOL, shhhhhhhhh
Old 01-10-2011, 07:19 PM   #2771

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.J.Dhanoya View Post
Why the fail, Wongtouski?
Cuz the dude is stating the obvious with his recommendation on what Melo should do, anyone that knows about this trade knows Melo's chances of signing the extension with anyone outside NYK is slim to none, and his analysis on the current Nets roster is retarded. They suck, yes, but to say that these guys were very good is ludacris. He's just making way too many assumptions.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:30 PM   #2772
Banned (ABWS)

i'm gonna root hard for chicago in the playoffs this year, then root against the lakers

hate all the teams in the playoffs but hate chicago and san antonio the least
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:33 PM   #2773

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wongtouski View Post
Cuz the dude is stating the obvious with his recommendation on what Melo should do, anyone that knows about this trade knows Melo's chances of signing the extension with anyone outside NYK is slim to none, and his analysis on the current Nets roster is retarded. They suck, yes, but to say that these guys were very good is ludacris. He's just making way too many assumptions.
LOL, HE is me. You say that everyone knows his chances of signing with anyone other than NY is slim to none, yet I stated that reports have said that he's 'on board' with heading to New Jersey...He still hasn't even declined signing an extension in this scenario.

And okay, maybe I exaggerated about the Nets roster being VERY good, but Brook Lopez and Devin Harris ARE 2 players with LOTS of potential and Brook is supposed to break out this year, yet he is putting up significantly worse numbers as he was last season. Terrence Williams was supposed to be a big part of the team as well, yet Stephen Graham and the one-dimensional Anthony Morrow would play over him. Even Troy was coming off a pretty big break-out year and then all of a sudden Avery doesn't give him any playing time?

Is Brook Lopez not significantly underperforming? Did Terrence Williams do what he was expected to do? Is Troy Murphy? No, they most definitely are not. So please tell me what is so "ludacris" about my "assumptions?"
Old 01-10-2011, 10:33 PM   #2774

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.J.Dhanoya View Post
LOL, HE is me. You say that everyone knows his chances of signing with anyone other than NY is slim to none, yet I stated that reports have said that he's 'on board' with heading to New Jersey...He still hasn't even declined signing an extension in this scenario.

And okay, maybe I exaggerated about the Nets roster being VERY good, but Brook Lopez and Devin Harris ARE 2 players with LOTS of potential and Brook is supposed to break out this year, yet he is putting up significantly worse numbers as he was last season. Terrence Williams was supposed to be a big part of the team as well, yet Stephen Graham and the one-dimensional Anthony Morrow would play over him. Even Troy was coming off a pretty big break-out year and then all of a sudden Avery doesn't give him any playing time?

Is Brook Lopez not significantly underperforming? Did Terrence Williams do what he was expected to do? Is Troy Murphy? No, they most definitely are not. So please tell me what is so "ludacris" about my "assumptions?"
Melo ain't "on board" with the Nets ok, he being "on board" would be equivalent to you being "on board" to go on a date with a cute but chubby girl, u don't really see a point but you don't see anything better at the moment you're open to the idea.

WHEN T DID TROY MURPHY BREAK OUT LAST YEAR? Seriously. I never got the fucking memo. The only thing hes even broken out of is his mom's vag when he was born. He is what he is. Travis Outlaw sucks on his own, whoa gee, you give an NBA player money and all of a sudden he can't play as well? We've NEVER seen that before.

This is as good as Devin Harris is gonna get ok, he's way too fragile to string together any good runs. Brook Lopez, yeah its 50/50 his and Avery's fault for him sucking, but u can't blame Avery for him not fucking rebounding. I'm pissed cuz he's on my fucking Fantasy team. Oh u know Terence Williams got TRADED right? And before he was traded he had poor attitude and was in the d-league post injury. And please, are you SERIOUS when you say Terence Williams is a triple double threat? If he is a triple double threat, Brian Cardinal is a 20/20 player. Gimme a break.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:55 PM   #2775
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,841 Times in 386 Posts
Not going to get between you guys arguments, but Troy Murphy broke out 2 years ago, then had a shit year last year. T-Will had potential to triple double, but that was all hype, he did have very good per/40min game stats last year when given the oppurtunity. That has all gone to shit though.
k3lv is offline   Reply With Quote