REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 05-25-2011, 09:57 AM   #4351
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuuhoo View Post
yes he really is now.

This thread seems to be dying lol
I honestly haven't paid too much attention to this playoffs recently.. I don't even care who wins right now lol

It's all about the CANUCKS baby!!!!
Advertisement
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:06 AM   #4352
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

lol same. I havent watched one full nba game since the canucks started dominating
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-25-2011, 01:30 PM   #4353
Banned By Establishment

I am definitely still into the playoffs since my Heat are still in it....That said, I have only truly gotten to watch game 3 since all of their other conference finals games were at the same time as the Canucks games.

I'm a bigger NBA fan than I am NHL, but nothing beats supporting your local team.
n3wb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:44 PM   #4354
Banned By Establishment

In other news, Lakers hire Mike Brown to replace Phil...

Horrible move in my opinion...There were plenty of better options. They should've gone hard for Rick Adelman.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:45 PM   #4355
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3wb View Post

Horrible move in my opinion...There were plenty of better options. They should've gone hard for Rick Adelman.
This is what happens when teams have Defensive problems, they go get a d-minded coach. I don't think he'll be as "bad" as he was in Cleveland as most likely some form of the old guard (like Brian Shaw) will stay on to maintain the offense. It's still an odd choice IMO. Not entirely sure why Brian Shaw keeps getting snubbed when he is heavily endorsed by Kobe and generally the most well-liked within the team and the org.
Wongtouski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:10 PM   #4356
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 3,712 Times in 467 Posts
Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:25 PM   #4357

Quote:

really?..

I would have been happy if shaw or adelman took the replacement.

I dont think LA has trouble with defense too much, more like they need a coach to keep them in sync when they need to be.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:05 PM   #4358
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeGusta View Post
yeah, I posted this 5 pages ago...
Old 05-25-2011, 07:47 PM   #4359

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Dallas Mavs! .
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:43 PM   #4360

only dallas, spurs and lakers are the three teams from the west that has been able to advance to the finals through out the past decade. Thats amazing lol
Old 05-26-2011, 01:22 AM   #4361
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wongtouski View Post
This is what happens when teams have Defensive problems, they go get a d-minded coach. I don't think he'll be as "bad" as he was in Cleveland as most likely some form of the old guard (like Brian Shaw) will stay on to maintain the offense. It's still an odd choice IMO. Not entirely sure why Brian Shaw keeps getting snubbed when he is heavily endorsed by Kobe and generally the most well-liked within the team and the org.
I'm supporting Mike for now. We still haven't seen what he can do with a veteran team. He's vastly underrated of what he's done because he had LeBron. Superstar management isn't easy. Creating an identity for a team isn't easy. Get your superstar and the scrubs buying into your philosophy isn't easy.

Believe it or not, even Kobe doesnt have a say in which coach the team choose. Think of that endorsement as "I'm cool if he's coaching".

On other note, Dirk deserves a ring and I hope he gets it. Gonna cheer for the Mavs in the Finals. I watch hockey but not hugely interested.

And the cocky Thunder got what they deserve. Harden couldn't flop them to victory. Momma boy Durant stopped going to the line 20 times a game because the officials stopped calling his ridiculous little trick of drawing foul. And Perkins is more useless than they thought he would be. Westbrook wasn't a PG at UCLA and certainly isn't one now. They relied heavily on Harden to make plays. When Harden is gone, all went to shit, evidently in game 4.

This Thunder team reminds me of the Lakers-Nuggets WCF few years back. People said how good Denver would be after that year. Look where they are now. I don't buy the "Thunder will be great for years to come" BS. Yea, good luck keeping your players under the new CBA. Small market is small. I see Westbrook going out of the door first, following by Harden. Also they have been good because they've been healthy. Wait until injuries strike.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:04 AM   #4362
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

I'm surprised they just didn't promote Brian Shaw
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:09 AM   #4363

Mike Brown and Phil Jackson are veryyy similar.. they just let the superstars play but just running their different offense/defense system. How many times did you see Mike Brown standing up when he was in cleveland when they had lebron? it's exactly like Phil where he just sits down and stands up if there's a crazy foul called or if he's just pissed at the team...

I personally would have loved to see Jeff Van Gundy back
Old 05-26-2011, 09:11 AM   #4364

Thunders are good but they aren't winning any titles soon if they have Ibaka, Sefolosha and Perkins as their 3 of 5 starters... They need a scoring PF as they already have Perkins guarding the paint.

As for next year, Westbrook/Harden/Durant/Perkins should be the starter plus another PF that could score consistently then just build their bench with some role players.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:10 AM   #4365
Banned By Establishment

Let's face it guys: Nobody except the Heat are winning championships anytime soon after this season. They could lose this season, but I don't see them losing for the next 5+ seasons...
Old 05-26-2011, 11:46 AM   #4366

Quote:
Let's face it guys: Nobody except the Heat are winning championships anytime soon after this season. They could lose this season, but I don't see them losing for the next 5+ seasons...
You starting to sound like LeBron. lol so if they don't wini this year? they will win a 5peat or even a back to back 3peat? LOL...

Old 05-26-2011, 11:50 AM   #4367

What I'm more interested in is to hear the excuses of the Heat fans if they don't win the title this year...

1. It's our first year as a team.. didn't get enough time together.
2. Missing a couple pieces to the puzzle.
3. It's the coach's fault.
4. played injured.
5. We'll be back better than ever next year.

Those comes to mind..

If they do win then that's good for them... but I'm pretty sure the Celts/Lakers/Knicks/Bulls/Mavs/ will do something to compete.. and not let the heat win 5+ championships in a row like "n3wb" said LOL
Old 05-26-2011, 01:59 PM   #4368
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wongtouski View Post
Not entirely sure why Brian Shaw keeps getting snubbed when he is heavily endorsed by Kobe and generally the most well-liked within the team and the org.
He was the candidate endorsed by Kobe only if they were promoting someone within the organization.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:24 PM   #4369
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuuhoo View Post
only dallas, spurs and lakers are the three teams from the west that has been able to advance to the finals through out the past decade. Thats amazing lol
kinda sucks if you ask me. its almost like watching baseball and its always the same few teams that have a legitimate shot.
Simulated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:13 PM   #4370
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
What I'm more interested in is to hear the excuses of the Heat fans if they don't win the title this year...

1. It's our first year as a team.. didn't get enough time together.
2. Missing a couple pieces to the puzzle.
3. It's the coach's fault.
4. played injured.
5. We'll be back better than ever next year.

Those comes to mind..

If they do win then that's good for them... but I'm pretty sure the Celts/Lakers/Knicks/Bulls/Mavs/ will do something to compete.. and not let the heat win 5+ championships in a row like "n3wb" said LOL
It wouldn't be an excuse at all...I have never EXPECTED the Heat to win it all this year. I knew they'd have a good shot at the title, but I have never expected them to win it all. I still don't. I think they are better than Dallas, but I know that Dallas will give them a good run and could very well end up being the better team and coming out on top.

That said, you'd have to be dumb to think that this is it for Miami's roster. They made their big moves and I can only expect that they still make moves here and there to help fill holes at the center and point guard positions. I expect them to be better next year than they are this year. At that point, I would be able to say that the Heat have the best roster in the league. At that point, I can expect from the Heat what I have expected from the Lakers ever since Bynum developed into a beast; and that is to win the championship. The same way I've expected that the Lakers should win the championship for the past 4 or 5 years, I will expect Miami to win the championship for the next 5 years, under the conditions that they make some small moves here and there.

Last edited by n3wb; 05-26-2011 at 05:23 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:14 PM   #4371

^^Because those team have a strong foundations in their owners and management. Just to name a few, Clippers' Sterling and Suns' Sarver are terrible owners. Or the Knicks had James Dolan who is equally retarded. The Knicks also used to have Isiah who fucked them up for an entire decades. Well-managed, veteran teams always have more legitimate shots. That and they are big market teams (Spurs have great great TV ratings even though they're kind of a small market). If you want to win, get serious management who is committed to win.

Miami Dallas series would be interesting to watch. Dallas is playing too well to lose. Miami is too good to lose.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:37 PM   #4372
My homepage has been set to RS

ooooo Lebron, you won a championship with wade and bosh....big fuking deal.
FatalCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 05-26-2011, 05:41 PM   #4373
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalCloud View Post
ooooo Lebron, you won a championship with wade and bosh....big fuking deal.
^LMFAO!!!!! Do you think he gives a fuck who he wins it with? You're dumb.

Old 05-26-2011, 07:12 PM   #4374

anyone watching the game?

HOLY SHITTT Miami came from 11 down in the final minutes
Old 05-26-2011, 07:12 PM   #4375

Bron is just one bad man.