REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:24 PM   #3101
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
as far as D will, he's been pissed for months and months now, it all started when they traded his best buddy Ronnie Brewer, he basically had said that the team has gotten worse and are headed in the wrong direction. I mean ya I fully agree, they dump Boozer, Korver and Brewer, those are quality guys, so he was quoted saying that's one of the reasons he only signed a 3 year contract with the Jazz and it's obvious he wants out.
But there is no excuse for disrespecting your coach.
Advertisement
n0ob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:25 PM   #3102
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheDLo View Post
amazing.

He brought a new meaning to the all-star dunk contest.
TRDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:26 PM   #3103

speaking of all stars...

when/where was that open sky stadium that they played in?
Old 02-10-2011, 06:31 PM   #3104

damn it, the those Lakers jerseys have nasty fonts...
Old 02-10-2011, 06:31 PM   #3105
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0ob View Post
But there is no excuse for disrespecting your coach.
oh that's for sure, especially Jerry Sloan, that dude is the longest serving coach in not just NBA history but probably all of north american sports, been with the Jazz for over 20 somethin years now...

this won't turn out good for Deron, the Utah Jazz fans can get really fckin nasty, I remember some of them were pissed at Derek Fisher for leaving to LA so he could be closer to his daughter who was getting eye treatments in LA, and when he came back to Utah some fans were wearing eye patches, shit was fucked, I honestly thought it was just a bunch of lame Mormons in Utah

TRDood, that was in the Dallas Cowboys new arena they had the all star there last year, crazy Billion dollar stadium
Old 02-10-2011, 06:33 PM   #3106
Banned (ABWS)

cant blame deron, his team is always just above mediocre, wasting away his prime gotta be frustrating
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:22 PM   #3107
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by liu13 View Post
cant blame deron, his team is always just above mediocre, wasting away his prime gotta be frustrating
^ and seeing all his contemporaries getting actual support, getting torched by D Rose which his former Jazz teammates there didn't help either. I'm more surprised with mgmt siding with Deron and not Sloan.
Wongtouski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:10 PM   #3108
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Derons too fast for his teams style
Posted via RS Mobile
jaebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:15 PM   #3109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wongtouski View Post
^ and seeing all his contemporaries getting actual support, getting torched by D Rose which his former Jazz teammates there didn't help either. I'm more surprised with mgmt siding with Deron and not Sloan.
I don't think it would've been more that management sided with Deron, but rather that Sloan probably walked in there saying he can't deal with Deron or something along those lines and thinks it's best if he just steps down. He's obviously not going to make management choose between him and Deron and, at the same time, I doubt they would get rid of Deron over Sloan considering Sloan is in his last year or so. Although I do think they should trade Deron while they can for good value because he's leaving in a couple years anyway - probably off to Dallas.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:18 PM   #3110
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

What I said was not my opinion, it was from Rich Bucher this morning. The shieat has been brewing for a while, as evidenced by their shitty record lately.

And you make way too many assumptions in your post.
Wongtouski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:19 PM   #3111

Quote:
Originally Posted by liu13 View Post
Gonna have to disagree with you. Yes, he has every right to get frustrated but
a. You never disrespect your coach, especially a guy like Jerry Sloan.
b. You have an issue, take it up with management.
c. You signed a contract. If you're not happy with how things are going, stick with the commitment you've made like a professional and move on once your contract is over.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:21 PM   #3112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wongtouski View Post
And you make way too many assumptions in your post.
And you know what happens when you assume, don't you?
Old 02-10-2011, 11:22 PM   #3113
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
^ for sure, aside from dribble penetration, I fcking love the pick and roll game in the NBA, there is nothing like it. Nash - Stoudemire, Paul - West.... I started learning how to use a high pick few months back and in my league games most of the time it gives me a path to the hoop that I can abuse, people just can't defend it.

lol, I have no idea how you guys manage to play and play well against hongers, for the life of me I can't figure out how to do it.
They just have a different style of play which confuses the shit out of me it's like they do everything backwards and it totally throws me off.

I can't defend them, they got the most awkward fakes that I have never seen so obviously don't know how to defend, and when I try to penetrate, aside from the fear of being hacked to death their defense is so awkward I have no idea how to react to it and make the right move accordingly.
I agree. Their shots are hella uncoordinated, sometimes when you think they're gonna miss, it goes in.

FML

BlAh~
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:26 PM   #3114

Playing hongers is like playing the shitty scrappy teams back in HS. You'd average 30+ppg on the season but when the shitty, scrappy team comes along you can't play worth shit.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:45 AM   #3115
Banned (ABWS)

I noticed a couple of them at Bonsor during a pick-up game. Moving picks, and they flick their hair every 5 seconds...
LookHere_Sucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 02:13 AM   #3116
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

They do all a lot of illegal things from the nba standard, but then again pick up basketball is just like streetball
Posted via RS Mobile
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:58 AM   #3117
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDood View Post
damn it, the those Lakers jerseys have nasty fonts...
I have that Lakers jersey
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:11 AM   #3118

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotjoint View Post
I have that Lakers jersey
+1 .. I love the throwback lakers... now if they wear the purple throwback one soon, I'd be happy..
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:59 PM   #3119
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 1,068 Times in 358 Posts
lol cavs won
roflwaffle604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:09 PM   #3120
Banned (ABWS)

I liked how the cavs celebrated like they just won 10 in a row. Props to them though, finally back on track.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:57 PM   #3121

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookHere_Sucka View Post
Props to them though, finally back on track.
lol, on what track? More like they've now gone off-track, they are going to need as many losses as they can get to ensure the best draft picks they can get...

In other news,
76ers defeat the Spurs in a high-scoring affair (77-71).....They are hot right now, 7-3 in their last 10.
Hornets somehow beat Magic....Hornets are very streaky :-S
Lakers seem to have finally remembered out how to play basketball.
Jazz, with a new head coach, manage to lose to Phoenix on their own court. They are now 4-6 in their last 10 and are just 2 losses away from losing a playoff spot...

Last edited by n0ob; 02-11-2011 at 10:03 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:02 PM   #3122
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
Man, I laughed pretty hard when that player hit the game tying 3 to force it into OT

Sorry I meant in OT, when it seemed like the Cavs were gonna pull away

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ

Last edited by Not really racist!; 02-11-2011 at 10:25 PM.
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:10 PM   #3123

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
Hey guys, 2003 All Star game on NBA TV right now!!!

Siiiiiiick, Jordan is playing too!
Posted via RS Mobile
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 03:16 PM   #3124
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0ob View Post
lol, on what track? More like they've now gone off-track, they are going to need as many losses as they can get to ensure the best draft picks they can get...
yeah... just realized that was a dumb thing to say. Changed it shortly afterwards, but the goal of any team is to win, unless you want draft picks.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:53 PM   #3125

Quote:
Hey guys, 2003 All Star game on NBA TV right now!!!

Siiiiiiick, Jordan is playing too!
Posted via RS Mobile
lol Jordan's been practicing with the Bobcats lately:

Quote:
NBA hearts skipped a beat yesterday at word that Michael Jordan has been suiting up and practicing with the Bobcats. After running with him, Gerald Wallace reports the man is still "Mike." (Even though that's just repeating the man's name, it's that name.) And don't forget what Jordan said upon entering the Hall of Fame:

One day you might look up and see me playing the game at 50. Don't laugh. Never say never, because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion.

He's turning 48 next week. Paul Silas says Jordan could average 20 right now. Is he ... could he ... is this ridiculous to think about? He can't play in the NBA until he sells the Bobcats, but is it worth entertaining that he could? A while ago, I looked into the possibility of another Jordan return:

I called Attack Athletics, the multi-faceted gym owned by the man who trained Jordan, Tim Grover. Mike Procopio is the director of basketball operations there. I asked him if it was conceivable that a 50-year-old could play in the NBA.

"The person would have to be an exceptional athlete," he says. "You'd have to be someone with a lot of size, real skills and toughness. I think it would probably have to be somebody who had stayed in good shape after their playing days -- it would be really hard after doing nothing. If you had the right person, they might need three or four months of boot camp, and then I think it wouldn't be too hard to get them into good enough shape."

The player you'd be left with, he says, would likely be able to look really good for a few games. One worry, he says, would be on defense, where the need to stick to quicker player might often seem like the teams were playing "six on four."

The flaw in the plan, Procopio says, would come not from a trip or two up and down the court, or even a game. "We could get you in shape," he says. It would come from the long schedule, the banging, and the inevitable wear and tear. "You can get fit, and I bet that for 10 or 15 games you could do it. But any player that age would have a lot of miles on those joints, knees, tendons, soft tissue ... and with all the banging and changing direction, those little injuries could be hard to recover from. If a 25-year-old pulls a hamstring, it could be a few weeks of recovery. For a 50-year-old, it could be a lot longer than that."

He's skeptical that anyone as old as 50 could keep their body healthy and functioning through an 82-game season. A shorter season -- for instance returning for a month or two before the playoffs may reduce the likelihood of trouble.

In general, Procopio didn't sound at all sure such an achievement was possible. But that was talking about athletes generally. Would Jordan -- a man of unquestioned will -- be subjected to the same limitations?

"Oh no no no no," Procopio says. "I'm talking about everybody else."
Sauce: ESPN
This post thanked by: