REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 06-17-2012, 07:08 PM   #7176
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,587 Times in 631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
If Miami goes on to win the championship, LeBron is my pick for playoff MVP.
Advertisement

Last edited by bballguy; 06-17-2012 at 07:24 PM.
bballguy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-17-2012, 07:11 PM   #7177
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
^ lol my thought exactly

Fucking shane battier.
jonwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:13 PM   #7178
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,487 Times in 1,686 Posts
An entertaining Finals so far. Come on OKC! Win game 4 and bring this series back home. -hoping to see the Finals go to seven games. One game, winner take all.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:15 PM   #7179
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
An entertaining Finals so far. Come on OKC! Win game 4 and bring this series back home. -hoping to see the Finals go to seven games.
2-3-2 format for the finals, Thunder are in must win mode with 2 more straight games in Miami. Ideally the Thunder would want to be up 3-2 going back to OKC for games 6 and 7 but its looking more like a 2-3 hole going back to OKC.
Sir_Loin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:19 PM   #7180

Durant has gotta stay out of foul trouble in order to give his team a better chance to win. -second straight game that he has foul trouble in the second half.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:24 PM   #7181

Quote:
-Magic Johnson is spot on the game analysis for OKC. He's right about OKC not having an option four for offense. If KD and Westbrook are taken out of the game as in tonight's game, no OKC player can score consistently.

Fisher scored some points but Harden and Ibaka didn't provide scoring depth in the fourth quarter.
You don't need an 'option 4' for offense....There are not many teams that have more than 3 guys that can create a shot for others, let alone themselves....What they need is guys to hit open jumpers and what they need is guys like WB, Durant, and Harden, creating more of those open jumpers for the role players...

Chalmers, Jones, Haslem, Miller, and obviously Battier are, for the most part, doing a great job at hitting their open jumpers.

Thabo, Fisher, Ibaka, and even Cook (though he's not getting much PT) are more than capable of doing the same.....
Old 06-17-2012, 07:27 PM   #7182
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
fuck i keep wondering, are we seeing the death of Flash and the return of Dwayne Wade ?
I mean he's solid, but he's not spectacular like Flash was... I dunno this really bums me out, the same way it bummed me out watching Timmy Hardaway get old in Miami in the late 90's too, been a Heat fan since then... but Wade lately it's just been lookin like the only easy buckets he ever gets are off outlets or fastbreaks. Everything in the half court, it's very very rare for him to slice and dice with those Flash like tendencies he's known for...

I don't know if that's because of poor offensive play design courtesy of coach Spo, or if it's really because he's just gettin old and just doesn't have the will to attack like he used too
Old 06-17-2012, 07:28 PM   #7183
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Sir_Loin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:35 PM   #7184

Quote:
Originally Posted by illapeeno View Post

If she's a true basketball fan and a legit Miami fan, she's keeping that souvenir. -better not be a bandwagon jumper!
Old 06-17-2012, 07:36 PM   #7185
I subscribe to Revscene

Whoa didn't realize how big she was
Durrann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:49 PM   #7186
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts

lol.

Metta WorldPeace ‏@MettaWorldPeace
No brain All beard

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:55 PM   #7187

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-spec View Post
fuck i keep wondering, are we seeing the death of Flash and the return of Dwayne Wade ?
I mean he's solid, but he's not spectacular like Flash was... I dunno this really bums me out, the same way it bummed me out watching Timmy Hardaway get old in Miami in the late 90's too, been a Heat fan since then... but Wade lately it's just been lookin like the only easy buckets he ever gets are off outlets or fastbreaks. Everything in the half court, it's very very rare for him to slice and dice with those Flash like tendencies he's known for...

I don't know if that's because of poor offensive play design courtesy of coach Spo, or if it's really because he's just gettin old and just doesn't have the will to attack like he used too
I think that a combination of his aggressive style of play and knee injuries over his career has slowed D-Wade down a bit. All those collisions with bigger players while he scores on difficult layups is bound to take a toll on his body. He's had surgery on his left knee and repair on a dislocated left shoulder. The body just isn't the same after it's been broken. -won't point the finger at age as being a factor.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:50 PM   #7188

^ ya, usually for elite NBA'ers it's the early 30's when they start showing signs of downfall.... if it is really happening to Wade right now, he's a little early, but like you said, injuries injuries..... fck he shouldn't have spent 4 years at Marquette, should have entered the draft earlier...

oh guys BTW it's official, Brandon Roy is prepping himself for a comeback next season... I was just down in Portland for the Rose City Classic Tourney and checked in with my boys in Seattle while driving through, they said he'd been at UW working out almost daily and is lookin real good
Old 06-17-2012, 11:58 PM   #7189
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Personally, I think the refs like lebron too much. At the end of game 2, that was a clear foul and there was no call. Simlar issues with this game. James clearly fouls someone and there is no call..but when Durant fouls someone in the same manner, there is a call.

Also, Spoelstra needs to do some better coaching.. his style is making the games pretty tight. That's not to say OKC isn't playing well too.
dyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:41 AM   #7190
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
oh guys BTW it's official, Brandon Roy is prepping himself for a comeback next season... I was just down in Portland for the Rose City Classic Tourney and checked in with my boys in Seattle while driving through, they said he'd been at UW working out almost daily and is lookin real good
with no cartilage in his knees? is he injecting topical fluid in to his knees between his joints to simulate cartilage? i heard that's 1 of the options you have but that stuff only lasts 2-3 years and you need a new injection after that

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:05 PM   #7191

^ I don't know, I just heard from the guys at the tournament in Portland and few buddies in Seattle area that seen him workin out at UW that he is aiming to come back next year.

ay so this tripped me out today guys, I been out for over a week now with a tweaked lower back, couldn't run or jump, didn't do nothing all week just rest, so today my first day where I actually felt no pain I hit up the gym started first doing set shots to warm up my body and started hittin like damn near all my set shots... wonderin wtf is goin on I was at it for like an hour shootin set shots and jumpers from 3 point range, and different spots on the floor... doing multiples of 10 and not once did my jumpers get the better of my set shots... for set shots I was hitting almost 10 for 10 every time, averaged out to be around 9 outta 10... and jumpers best I could do was an average of 7

decided to take a vid from one spot on the floor to show the results, first 10 r jumpers second 10 are set and last 10 are jumpers... I don't think set shots are all that usable in a real game situation but shit I'm definitely gonna try it out in a pick up run later this week, lol, wanna see just for the hell of it

I thought about it and the conclusion seems pretty simple, with jumpshots you have the extra motion of your body going not just upwards, but in a lot of cases sideways and front and backward as well, so you have to compensate for all that extra movement when you're shooting jumpers, as for set shots it's just a simple fluid motion as you're firmly set in the ground, nothing to compensate for it's just you and your natural fluid shooting motion
Old 06-18-2012, 06:05 PM   #7192
Banned (ABWS)

Had to watch it off PVR as I was at work. Those 2 consecutive fouls on the 3-point shots killed the Thunder
Jermyzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:10 PM   #7193
Banned (ABWS)

WTF is this? NBA teaming up with a Chinese film studio to produce a film

Jermyzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:18 PM   #7194

^ ya i saw that on a blog, cracked me up.... Scottie in it too, and that's Yi JianLin and that other dude looks like Wang ZhiZhi so it's probably him
Old 06-18-2012, 07:28 PM   #7195

Gspec- nice vid. Which gym is that.
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:30 PM   #7196

As for the finals.. I wanna see okc play zone or atleast try it out. They got ibaka n Perkins in middle of zone so at this time I think its best to try it. Might even get KD away from foul trouble
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:53 PM   #7197

G-Spec
good luck getting that set-shot off in a game lol...You'll either get blocked every time, or fatigue will kick in and your shots will end up short....It's good practice though for 'form' shooting, particularly the flick of the wrist.

LOL MUST-WATCH:

Last edited by bballguy; 06-18-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:16 PM   #7198

^ lol I know, fck it though I'm gonna try a few if I'm wide open...

Ken it's the new Chuck Bailey center in ghetto ass whalley area, right next door to the BC lions training facility....

place is open every day and it's absolutely empty, I'm always the only guy shooting around every time I go, nobody ever goes there
Old 06-19-2012, 07:36 AM   #7199
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
lol at ibaka, not the best time to smack talk the best player in the league

Ibaka: ‘LeBron Is Not A Good Defender’ « NBA.com | Hang Time Blog
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:43 AM   #7200
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
^ lol I know, fck it though I'm gonna try a few if I'm wide open...

Ken it's the new Chuck Bailey center in ghetto ass whalley area, right next door to the BC lions training facility....

place is open every day and it's absolutely empty, I'm always the only guy shooting around every time I go, nobody ever goes there
I might have to check this place out. How much is the drop in fee?
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote