REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 02-23-2009, 06:15 PM   #1
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Boyfriend Keeps Harping About My Weight

I've been dating with my boyfriend for a year and a half but he constantly badgers me about losing weight. Granted, I am chubby and I'm not naturally skinny. I am perfectly healthy and I go to the gym about 3-4 times a week for an hour each time. It just seems like that extra 10-20 pounds would make him like me more. This really bothers me and I've talked to him before to stop pressuring me and it has decreased somewhat. I just don't think that he cares about me that much. He should accept me as is. This sucks! Also, I've been in this exact situation before with my other exes. Why are guys so damn superficial???!!!!!

p.s. I've dated guys before who were obese as well as skinny guys.

Black Cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:23 PM   #2
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Hm...did he just start doing that recently?
Maybe you two can hit the gym together and show him that you are taking care of yourself and making an effort to live a healthy lifestyle .
happytoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:51 PM   #3
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Tell him to gain 15 pounds all all muscle and that you'll lose 15 pounds of fat.
rslater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:52 PM   #4
Ye olde moderator

Thanked 1,278 Times in 390 Posts
Nothing wrong with a little meat on your bones.
That said, if there are some serious health issues involved (diabetes, hypo-glycemia etc...) then I could understand his concern if in fact he is more concerned about your health and not your looks.

If he is only concerned with your looks regarding your weight, ditch him and move on. There are a ton of guys out there that like bigger women.

Not all guys are superficial.

Sales and Installer at Certified Auto Sound
Maple Ridge, BC
orgasm_donor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:58 PM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,538 Times in 495 Posts
Pics?
cdizzle_996 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:15 PM   #6
My homepage has been set to RS

lol. its only fair if you yourself admit you are over weight and the guy is in good shape. eat better instead of gyming more. why should he like you for what you are especially if you are not the way you looked when he started dating you. thats not fair to him.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:21 PM   #7
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

The thing is...I am the same weight as I was when I started dating him. As well, he is overweight himself. He goes to the gym several times a week but I don't say anything about HIS weight.
Black Cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:31 PM   #8

then tell him to fuck off. hypocrites piss me off. tell him to lose weight too. if not start talking to other guys in anticipation of leaving.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:46 PM   #9
無敵

What a guy... -_-;;
Hypocrites are the worst. Maybe you can go to the gym together and make it a fun thing.
If he's still being a douche then tell him, or leave.
Perhaps he's just worried about your health like people have said. =S
Talk to him about and and make your decisions from that.

muteki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:51 PM   #10
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgasm_donor View Post
Nothing wrong with a little meat on your bones.
That said, if there are some serious health issues involved (diabetes, hypo-glycemia etc...) then I could understand his concern if in fact he is more concerned about your health and not your looks.

If he is only concerned with your looks regarding your weight, ditch him and move on. There are a ton of guys out there that like bigger women.

Not all guys are superficial.
Well said
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:39 PM   #11

find urself a man who loves BBW
m4k4v4li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:46 PM   #12
Director of RS Cares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cloud View Post
The thing is...I am the same weight as I was when I started dating him. As well, he is overweight himself. He goes to the gym several times a week but I don't say anything about HIS weight.
like OD said, there is absolutely nothing wrong with a girl with a bit of meat on her. i use to deal with weight issues when i was younger but now that i'm older i have learned to embrace my curvy nature. from what you're telling us, it seems like you are happy with the way you are (as you should be) and i don't think you should be changing yourself for anyone. if your boyfriend is going to be a complete jerk and keep on calling you out on something you're totally comfortable with then maybe it's time to re-evaluate the relationship.

you don't need someone there constantly putting you down when you are being proactive and going to the gym (etc etc). it takes a lot of motivation and effort to keep going.

and also, there are guys who will love you for who you are. believe it!
Old 02-23-2009, 09:09 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_crayon View Post
like OD said, there is absolutely nothing wrong with a girl with a bit of meat on her. i use to deal with weight issues when i was younger but now that i'm older i have learned to embrace my curvy nature.
curvy eh...

i kid i kid

If he's making such a big deal about it tell him to drop some pounds, go on a diet together.
fuhkyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:13 PM   #14
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
depends I guess. I mean if u ar elike 5'2 and are like 140lbs then yes I think there are health issue. But if you are like 5'8 and with 140lbs I think that's fine.

Without more details we can't really help you.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:15 PM   #15

how old are you both?
Old 02-23-2009, 10:27 PM   #16
MoD

Thanked 1,805 Times in 227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuhkyu View Post
curvy eh...

oh, the things you don't see
Old 02-23-2009, 11:17 PM   #17
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 2,116 Times in 382 Posts
hmmmm
reading this forum makes me wanna workout even harder now
and no there's nothing wrong with a little meat

as long as your healthy

StaxBundlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:04 AM   #18
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

leave that man
u deserve way better

and dedicate "i'm leavin" by jesse mccartney to him

tell him u cant handle "ALLL THAAAAT", u cant handle ALL THAAT"

just keep doing what ur doing.. ur doing what 3/4 of population dont do. exercise.
good job.
Durrann1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:14 AM   #19
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

tell him that unless he grows 2 more inches down there, you're not going to lose 2 inches off your waist
woozzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:31 AM   #20
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durrann1984 View Post
leave that man
u deserve way better

and dedicate "i'm leavin" by jesse mccartney to him

tell him u cant handle "ALLL THAAAAT", u cant handle ALL THAAT"
^- LOLLLLLLLLL

but yes, i dont think u shud change anythign about ureself unless YOU want to. if hes SUGGESTING u to lose weight for health issues thats something else, but since hes critisizing ure weight because of appearance then tell him to shove it
Old 02-24-2009, 12:59 AM   #21
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
haha, why would he say something like that. aren't girls usually insecure about their weight
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:02 AM   #22
I don't get it

I can't say that you shouldn't go along with your bf's words as I can't imagine what you really are in person. However, Losing 10-20 pounds to make him like you more sounds like a lot which makes me think you are too chubby for your own good. What's your height in comparison to your weight?

Be real about it, no dude wants to bang a bag of bones but on the other hand, seeing a muffin top isn't so appealing either. Your bf is a hypocrite but that is due to the focus that women should prioritize looks more so than the average male. He probably thinks that its the womanly thing to be strive to be attractive, etc. Can't deny that beauty isn't important. The fact you are posting about your bf's concern over your body image already shows you are kinda worried about how you look inside. On a negative note, you been dating for a while and I bet he has grown a bit tired of looking at the same girl while there are 'prettier and skinnier' ones strutting around.... as in "why cant ____ be like them?"

Also, good for you on the exercise. If you are diligently putting those 3-4 hours a week, bravo but exercising doesn't present much results when you live a sendimentary lifestyle outside those 3-4 hours/week and if you're downing big macs/eating out alot.

Personally, I think body image is important to a certain degree. It's everyone's wish to look better in the eyes of others, so strive for it the best you can and as healthy as you can. But if you are so indignant about it (too lazy to put in the extra effort, too stubborn to follow through or truely believe you are fine as you are), then just forget about the bf and move on but be aware of future discrimination (meeting other ppl like your bf).
There are always other boys who can be more discreet and into you. Overall, he sounds pretty insensitive to be constantly bugging you about it with little support.
butter_sashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:30 AM   #23
I STILL don't get it

honestly.. fuck him, what kind of bf says that to their gf?? if he doesn't like it he can go find somebody else
Old 02-24-2009, 01:37 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by woozzle View Post
tell him that unless he grows 2 more inches down there, you're not going to lose 2 inches off your waist
to be fair, only one is controlable. extenze is expensive. it doesnt cost anything to eat less.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:47 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneThug View Post
to be fair, only one is controlable. extenze is expensive. it doesnt cost anything to eat less.
actually you save money by eating less
fuhkyu is offline   Reply With Quote