REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech (https://www.revscene.net/forums/suspension-brakes-wheels-tires-tech_191/)
-   -   D2 Racing Coilovers (https://www.revscene.net/forums/566677-d2-racing-coilovers.html)

Mashimaro 03-20-2009 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphamale (Post 6339777)
I was pricing this set up brand new and it runs over or close a grand MRSP (IIRC). So no, it isn't exactly cheap, hahah. It's certainly running into C/O area but cheap C/Os at that.

on the brightside, those shocks are lot cheaper than they used to be back in the mid 90's. ;)

you can find some really good deals online though (Hondatech buy and sell). i've seen the shocks alone sell for anywhere between 2-400USD.

like i stated before, i'd take that combo over the cheap coilovers for that price range still (the Koni yellow has a lifetime warranty when purchased new).

Has anyone asked around to see if anyone carries D2 and stuff locally anymore? i'm guessing most shops got sick of warrantied shocks...

Leopold Stotch 03-21-2009 09:58 AM

i just spec'd up my set up with konis

1995 Nissan 240SX

Front struts - $352
Rear struts - $270
Eibach Sportline Springs - $ 199

Total - $821 USD before shipping.

bah now i dont know what to get anymore..

!Yaminashi 03-21-2009 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cakeTech (Post 6340694)
i just spec'd up my set up with konis

1995 Nissan 240SX

Front struts - $352
Rear struts - $270
Eibach Sportline Springs - $ 199

Total - $821 USD before shipping.

bah now i dont know what to get anymore..

Whats wrong with this setup?

ncrx 03-24-2009 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mashimaro (Post 6339420)
well, no offense to you, but it's not like the Sentra SE-R is a popular choice out there. I'm sure Nissan sees the lack of sales and doesn't want to put the R&D and/or marketing into making parts for it.

that sucks dood...i'm sure something will come out eventually...or perhaps some research to see if other parts will fit your car (ie: maybe Altima suspension is the same?)

There's plenty of sentra options from Koni. You just don't know where to look. go to www.sr20forum.com and search for koni CSK's. Koni makes strut inserts from every sentra from 1990 forward. The sentra se-r is a relatively popular car, just not in canada. The sentra se-r also shares most of its suspension components with other vehicles like the pulsar gti-r, nx2000.

a popular setup is to use sentra spec v yellow's (they have the external top adjustment) in your oem front housing, with a bit of the bottom trimmed to gain back 1" of travel. This is usually paired with ground controls in the 300-400lb range.

Mashimaro 03-25-2009 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncrx (Post 6346387)
There's plenty of sentra options from Koni. You just don't know where to look. go to www.sr20forum.com and search for koni CSK's. Koni makes strut inserts from every sentra from 1990 forward. The sentra se-r is a relatively popular car, just not in canada. The sentra se-r also shares most of its suspension components with other vehicles like the pulsar gti-r, nx2000.

a popular setup is to use sentra spec v yellow's (they have the external top adjustment) in your oem front housing, with a bit of the bottom trimmed to gain back 1" of travel. This is usually paired with ground controls in the 300-400lb range.

sorry, i didn't make myself clear. i was referring to the OP's 2008+ Sentra SE-R body style (what is it now, B16 chassis code?).

i wasn't sure if the previous generation B15 suspension was exactly the same and i'm not sure if a lot of people know for certain that it will work on the newest SE-R's.

SumAznGuy 03-25-2009 08:20 AM

NCRX is still correct though. The Koni 8610 inserts should work on the B16 struts.

!Yaminashi 03-25-2009 09:02 AM

Id go with inserts if I could find a place that would do all of the work for me.
I dont trust myself to do any of that handywork

Leopold Stotch 03-25-2009 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draft (Post 6340786)
Whats wrong with this setup?

cause the coilovers i want are going to be just a tiny bit more after conversion and shipping/duty

so personally i'm driving myself insane trying to figure out what i want. i don't want to fuck up lol