REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech (https://www.revscene.net/forums/suspension-brakes-wheels-tires-tech_191/)
-   -   D2 Racing Coilovers (https://www.revscene.net/forums/566677-d2-racing-coilovers.html)

!Yaminashi 03-03-2009 09:14 AM

D2 Racing Coilovers

http://www.d2racing.com/content/products/RS_coilovers

Can anyone comment on these?
I googled them and some forums for lexus and G35 owners came up; generally people seem to like them but some state that they're linked with ksport?

Anyway, comments please :D

bcrdukes 03-03-2009 09:48 AM

If you want these coilovers to be at least functional, please do not get them.

!Yaminashi 03-03-2009 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 6309850)
If you want these coilovers to be at least functional, please do not get them.

Thats all I needed to hear :p
This can be closed now

G-spec 03-03-2009 06:13 PM

for a slightly higher price you can get yourself some kick ass BC racing coils, they're going for about $1300 cad shipped at the moment for my car.

They have a very good reputation among the Evo and STI crowd, and have recently made a move for the VQ Z and G guys and haven't disappointed them...

some guys who have owned Tein CS that go for about $2500 actually say that the BC racings are better..

I'm not just tootin my own horn since I have these coils myself, I just wanted to let you know you can get yourself killer coils for a very good price....

http://www.bcracing-na.com/bcproduct.html

http://i10.tinypic.com/63vri8z.jpg

!Yaminashi 03-03-2009 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adon (Post 6310711)
for a slightly higher price you can get yourself some kick ass BC racing coils, they're going for about $1300 cad shipped at the moment for my car.

They have a very good reputation among the Evo and STI crowd, and have recently made a move for the VQ Z and G guys and haven't disappointed them...

some guys who have owned Tein CS that go for about $2500 actually say that the BC racings are better..

I'm not just tootin my own horn since I have these coils myself, I just wanted to let you know you can get yourself killer coils for a very good price....

http://www.bcracing-na.com/bcproduct.html

http://i10.tinypic.com/63vri8z.jpg

Unfortunately they arent available for my car

bcrdukes 03-03-2009 08:20 PM

It's okay because if you put them on the shock dyno, chances are, they're barely functional anyway.

RabidRat 03-03-2009 09:08 PM

hahaha as Suspension Nazi as Mike sounds, I agree with him on both counts. As a general rule of thumb: please, stay away from D2 and BC coilovers. =p

bcrdukes 03-04-2009 01:49 AM

Hey, you wouldn't put Diesel into your gas tank, would you? Of course not! :D

Any suspension setup that's cheap and made in Taiwan is for chumps.

!Yaminashi 03-04-2009 10:53 AM

As Nazi as he is, his advice has sure helped alot
Now I need to find a way to get these damn manufacturers to make an application for my car, or get something custom made

G-spec 03-04-2009 05:39 PM

one good thing about BC racing is if one of your shocks blow, they replace it with a new one for only $95. .....

I was originally gonna go with Cusco Zero or Tein Flex with EDFC, but after reading a few reviews about guys who have had Tein Flex saying that BC outperforms the Flex in some aspects I just figured I'd save myself $1500 and go with BC.

you guys would be surprised at what gets made where, for example some HKS stuff is made in Taiwan then shipped over to Japan for rebranding, I mean cheap outsourcing is a win win for any company

that extra cash I saved I spent on some other parts I think, so not really saving any money...
modding is cool for a minute, but such a waste of money in the long run

bcrdukes 03-04-2009 06:00 PM

A lot of JDM shit gets made in Taiwan. They're made in the same bullshit factory that spits out shit, sent to Japan, stamped on with HKS, Tein, Apexi lalala JDM kekekeke! ^_^ hello kitty brand all over it and sold for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. I don't even want to know where BC racing gets their shit from. probably teh same twanger brothel that made Cusco and Buddy club.

And for real coilovers like Zeal endless, H&R, RS-R, and ground control, they actually valve the shock absorbers properly according to the spring rate to make it work. If the shocks blow, take em out, send it to koni or bilstein and they'll rebuild them and heck, tell them to revalve them for you to compensate for the spring rates you wanna run. good chance stuff like rebound and compression adjustment actually work unlike these weird fucked up jdm brands all over the place that flood the market. shit like megan racing and ksport - that stuff is all shit. 32-way adjustable? my ass. they dont seem to give ou tmuch technical details. why should they be so secret squirrel about their shocks anyway? too ashamed of their shock dyno plots? yeah..beacuse they don't do anything. sending you a new shock for $95 doesn't solve the problem neither.

mspeedP5 03-04-2009 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 6312890)
too ashamed of their shock dyno plots? yeah..beacuse they don't do anything.

Apparently not...
http://www.bcec.com.tw/function/Dyno.html

DragonsMaw 03-05-2009 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mspeedP5 (Post 6313129)

Where's the big version of that? Can barely make it out. They also only have the one picture of one adjustment, I'd want to see charts at each level of adjustment to see if they really do anything.

That kind of goes for the whole site. I can barely make heads or tails of it. What sort of nomenclature are they using in the application chart? There's no mention of units anywhere. Did you see the disclaimer as well? Customers will not be notified of any change to spring rates or components. How is that supposed to be interpreted? Will they come to your home in the middle of the night and replace your coils and not even leave a note?

For the prices people are talking about I really *hope* they have some killer products but they don't inspire faith really.

bcrdukes 03-05-2009 02:54 AM

mspeedP5 - if you really believe that they made great products, you'd have to be smoking some real good shit and if you run them or know people who run them and i've offended you, i'm glad i did

BC racing = made in taiwan = trash

thanks dragonsmaw

mspeedP5 03-05-2009 05:24 AM

Yes I have BC coils. I also find it interesting that their suspension products were the choice for the Unlimited FR 2008 Super Lap Battle Finals winner and 2nd place overall winner. I can't imagine a winning team selecting "trash" for such an important component of a serious competition vehicle.
http://superlapbattle.com/blog/wp-co...lb-results.gif

Bonka 03-05-2009 07:07 AM

Chances are that those race teams don't quite use the same "off-the-shelf" sets as regular consumers, rather custom one-off sets built to spec.

RabidRat 03-05-2009 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonsMaw (Post 6313586)
Did you see the disclaimer as well? Customers will not be notified of any change to spring rates or components. How is that supposed to be interpreted? Will they come to your home in the middle of the night and replace your coils and not even leave a note?

hahaha =p

bcrdukes 03-05-2009 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mspeedP5 (Post 6313638)
Yes I have BC coils. I also find it interesting that their suspension products were the choice for the Unlimited FR 2008 Super Lap Battle Finals winner and 2nd place overall winner. I can't imagine a winning team selecting "trash" for such an important component of a serious competition vehicle.
http://superlapbattle.com/blog/wp-co...lb-results.gif

You're telling me because a certain car that ran crap suspension and finished up top in something called "superbattle.com" is justifies how great their crap products are?

oh wait - sponsored by super street, import tuner, modified mag, sport compact car, turbo and eurotuner?

wow. :lol

mspeedP5 03-05-2009 02:55 PM

I apologize for the Time Attack being a showcase for top tuner shops and aftermarket parts manufacturers...
Point is, BC Racing makes a product that is good value for the money. I have yet to see or experience any evidence to show otherwise.

G-spec 03-05-2009 10:20 PM

I understand it's hard for some people to trust any other brands aside the official hardcore shit, and accept that a lesser known product can compete with the big boys, but there ARE products out there that give you the same quality for a lower price, it's rare but it's very possible.

bcrdukes, have you owned BC coils and had a bad experience with them or something ? if yes, then ok criticize away.... BUT if not, then you're doing a shitload of bashing about a product you know little about... if you do a little research on the product you'll find that BC racing broke through the pack of cheap coils from cheap companies and proved to be an equal to the bigger names in suspension setups. Go hit up some of the other boards and see how many times these coils get compared to the $2500 Tein Flex's ....

I was skeptical as well before I bought them, but I kept reading nothing but good reviews (that wasn't the case with a lot of those other off brand coils) but in the end I was comfortable enough installing a "cheaper" (and by cheaper I mean price, not quality) brand on my G, and I'm that dude that pays $900 for a super rare JDM spoiler, so I mean to say I'm a brand whore myself, but I judge products on their quality, not by my first assumption.

RabidRat 03-05-2009 11:40 PM

not that i'm necessarily bashing on BC by saying this (I'm going to try to keep an open mind), but them being any better than Tein Flex's isn't really helping your argument. Teins fall under the "JDM garbage" category that Mike's brought up. their dampers are reportedly all over the place, and i've heard many horror stories about corrosion on their coilovers. they shouldn't be $2500 either - aren't they in the $1600 range?

bcrdukes 03-06-2009 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adon (Post 6315071)
bcrdukes, have you owned BC coils and had a bad experience with them or something ? if yes, then ok criticize away.... BUT if not, then you're doing a shitload of bashing about a product you know little about... if you do a little research on the product you'll find that BC racing broke through the pack of cheap coils from cheap companies and proved to be an equal to the bigger names in suspension setups. Go hit up some of the other boards and see how many times these coils get compared to the $2500 Tein Flex's ....

I don't need to nor will I ever want to own BC c/os because I know for a fact that they're the same rubbish that comes out of the same factory as with every other JDM useless fan boy brand. research? do waht research? i have yet to see a PROPER shock dyno from this BC racing junk as far as i'm concerned and the dyno plot on their website is piss poor, i think the paid some 2nd grader in taiwanese english class to draw it out. modified mag and sport compact car events aren't going to prove anything. imperical data does.

I have an opinion and i'm going to state it. you have your opinion and that's fine. you own them, that's fine. i just so happen to run on a set of H&R c/os that i know were properly built and tuned and if i ever wanted to make any sort of revalve adjustments or if my shocks blew, hey, down to bilstein they go and for a fraction of the price, i can get them redone accoding to my specifications and have them show me a shock dyno so i know they actually work and there is NOTHING to hide.

people should be aware as to waht they buy and run. ultimately they choose and buy what they want because it was their choice however, people should be able to make a purchase upon an informed opinion. modding cars aren't cheap and its sad to say that when people fall for this tw/jdm fanboy shit to realize it sucks, they give up and its too bad.

mspeedP5 03-06-2009 04:13 PM

Okay sorry, enough thread-jacking.

Draft... hope you got some help from all this.

asterisc 03-06-2009 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 6314092)
You're telling me because a certain car that ran crap suspension and finished up top in something called "superbattle.com" is justifies how great their crap products are?

oh wait - sponsored by super street, import tuner, modified mag, sport compact car, turbo and eurotuner?

wow. :lol

lol @ all the comments. The super lap battle is pretty much has the whos who of Import tuning in N. America so I wouldn't exactly be quick to judge. I guess it be more credible if they just went in a straight line?

All in all it will ultimately depend what you want to use the car for, 99.9% of you will just be driving around the street so it won't even matter if its $500 or $2500.

woozzle 03-06-2009 09:47 PM

get Stance, HKS, tein...don't skimp out on something your life depends on