REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 03-06-2009, 02:57 PM   #26
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneThug View Post
if you eat and do stuff before and after. id check to make sure she's a sports fan and even more if she's a canucks fan. make sure you talk a shit ton during the game though. first date has to be something you do a lot of talking through. not an exciting, cool, and memorable event, that though good, you do no talking through. that would be a failure.
Not necessarily so. Having similar interests isn't exactly a necessity for a successful date. It serves the opportunity for quite a few purposes. Here's a couple examples:

*** It tells the girl a little bit about yourself. Your likes, what's important to you, what types of activities mainly occupies your time.
*** It's an opportunity for the girl to learn about something she may not been previously exposed to and could possibly enjoy.

If anything, it's the unknowns for the girl that could work to your favour as an opportunity of adventure.

In fact, I would actually give more props to a guy who can make a girl do things the guy likes and still manages to give the girl a good time, rather than a guy who has to do all the things the girl likes in order for her to have a good time.

Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:14 PM   #27
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Not necessarily so. Having similar interests isn't exactly a necessity for a successful date. It serves the opportunity for quite a few purposes. Here's a couple examples:

*** It tells the girl a little bit about yourself. Your likes, what's important to you, what types of activities mainly occupies your time.
*** It's an opportunity for the girl to learn about something she may not been previously exposed to and could possibly enjoy.

If anything, it's the unknowns for the girl that could work to your favour as an opportunity of adventure.

In fact, I would actually give more props to a guy who can make a girl do things the guy likes and still manages to give the girl a good time, rather than a guy who has to do all the things the girl likes in order for her to have a good time.
true, but if the guy is asking for advice i would guide him towards an easier first date. getting a girl out of her comfort zone and doing things she doesnt usually do is kind of a intermedite level 1st date.

if you're a novice, the last thing you want to do is put your self in a situation where not only is the convo not flowing, and you feel like its blowing up in your face, but the girl is also stuck in some cold room watching some grown men play some game she doesnt really understand while she checks her watch every 5 seconds and keeps asking if he wants to leave early.

so i agree with you in theory but not in this particular application.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:26 PM   #28
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
^^^ Good point. I didn't take into account the difference in capabilities between novice and intermediate daters.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 03:55 AM   #29
Rs has made me the man i am today!

so something like a dinner and a walk is ok for first date right ?
Old 03-10-2009, 02:04 AM   #30
RabidMod

yeah. don't feel like u have to go through with it step by step though. have a good general idea of what you can do and just wing the rest.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:14 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidRat View Post
yeah. don't feel like u have to go through with it step by step though. have a good general idea of what you can do and just wing the rest.
i see, thnx, I actually bought Canucks tix but not sure if going to game is a good idea. Apparently, I'll see her once this week and 2 times next week. When and how should I ask her out ?, mind you guys, I still don't have her number nor msn, so I can't really contact her or communicate with her. It's been a week since we talked, and we really clicked. don't really know what to expect this week when I see her, guess I'll just go with the flow, is it too fast if say I asked her out this week ?, then it'll just be like I met her for 4 times, am I moving on too fast ? or should I wait until next week to ask her out?
Old 03-12-2009, 12:16 AM   #32
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucsmfu View Post
i see, thnx, I actually bought Canucks tix but not sure if going to game is a good idea. Apparently, I'll see her once this week and 2 times next week. When and how should I ask her out ?, mind you guys, I still don't have her number nor msn, so I can't really contact her or communicate with her. It's been a week since we talked, and we really clicked. don't really know what to expect this week when I see her, guess I'll just go with the flow, is it too fast if say I asked her out this week ?, then it'll just be like I met her for 4 times, am I moving on too fast ? or should I wait until next week to ask her out?
going to game with her??

dam..thats kinda early unless she pays for the other ticket lol
Durrann1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:24 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durrann1984 View Post
going to game with her??

dam..thats kinda early unless she pays for the other ticket lol
This was my other co-workers advice. She's best friends with her. This is what she said, what do you guys think ?, I don't want to fall into the friends category

" I would take it slow and not rush it. Get to know her before you ask her out. I think if you go too fast you're going to end up scaring her because she's only met you a few times and she's more on the cautious side. So, for now I think get to know her by hanging out with everyone in a big group before you ask her out by herself."

So what do you guys think ?, still ask he out next week or hold back abit and wait n see???????????????
Old 03-12-2009, 01:23 AM   #34
HELP ME PLS!!!

Since your getting some of the information from her best friend.... I'm quite sure her best friend has told her your intersted in her. But i could be wrong. Anyways, for the question of asking her number..when you ask her out for coffee or dinner or something, and she accepts just be casual about it and say "Oh, this reminds me, whats your number btw?"

My favorite idea in this thread, is instead of setting up a date, maybe during a day at work together, ask her if she wants to grab a drink or something to eat. That's when you guys bond and get to know each other without making things all awkward and such.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:44 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3xta View Post
Since your getting some of the information from her best friend.... I'm quite sure her best friend has told her your intersted in her. But i could be wrong. Anyways, for the question of asking her number..when you ask her out for coffee or dinner or something, and she accepts just be casual about it and say "Oh, this reminds me, whats your number btw?"

My favorite idea in this thread, is instead of setting up a date, maybe during a day at work together, ask her if she wants to grab a drink or something to eat. That's when you guys bond and get to know each other without making things all awkward and such.
no, she hasn't told her that i'm interested in her.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:01 AM   #36
RabidMod

so what happened?
Old 03-27-2009, 01:41 AM   #37
HELP ME PLS!!!

wow, i forgot i even posted that lol
Old 04-02-2009, 02:59 AM   #38
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
^^ wow 3 days pretty craazy haha

important thing is never wait

and NEVER fall into the friends Zone!
Even quicker. My 2 most successful ventures involved meeting the girl with her guy friends, and within i think 2 hours, asked her if she was single, in front of like 5 of her guy friends, to which she replied enthusiastically "yes!!"
It was clear one of those "guy friends" was after her, but this automatically eliminated him.
achiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:07 PM   #39
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by achiam View Post
Even quicker. My 2 most successful ventures involved meeting the girl with her guy friends, and within i think 2 hours, asked her if she was single, in front of like 5 of her guy friends, to which she replied enthusiastically "yes!!"
It was clear one of those "guy friends" was after her, but this automatically eliminated him.
lol, that's skillz. Reminds me of that time when I was hitting of w/ a girl & 1 of her guy frds was pissed off and forced his way between us. That was kinda funny.

Anyways? any updates? did OP go to the canucks game?

How I wish I can remain ignorant, why do I know so much?
q0192837465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:55 PM   #40
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Thanked 2,569 Times in 689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by achiam View Post
this only works if your buying temperature is high enough for her to actually say that.

or...if the guys' buying temperatures are way too low
Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:20 PM   #41
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucsmfu View Post
This was my other co-workers advice. She's best friends with her. This is what she said, what do you guys think ?, I don't want to fall into the friends category

" I would take it slow and not rush it. Get to know her before you ask her out. I think if you go too fast you're going to end up scaring her because she's only met you a few times and she's more on the cautious side. So, for now I think get to know her by hanging out with everyone in a big group before you ask her out by herself."

So what do you guys think ?, still ask he out next week or hold back abit and wait n see???????????????
if u rush it then u'll scare her away

if u slow it down and befriend her .. ur in the friend zone and when u ask her u'll scare her away

what shall u do.
Durrann1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:17 PM   #42
Ubereem Mod

ifi you've been out a few times, and seen each other a couple of times.

I'd be safe to say you can ask her out.
Gt-R R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:58 PM   #43

Quote:
if u rush it then u'll scare her away

if u slow it down and befriend her .. ur in the friend zone and when u ask her u'll scare her away

what shall u do.
that's right, that's why I kinda fell into the friends zone, my interest in her is starting to depreciate