REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Mantique...wtf? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/569067-mantique-wtf.html)

ShanghaiKid 03-21-2009 01:40 AM

Mantique...wtf?

are they trained to flirt with you there or something? was looking at some jeans and this chick comes by and starts talking me up for a good 10 min, asking me all this personal stuff etc. etc.

by the point that my friends want to leave, she kinda mentions whether id like to try some jeans on, but were half walking to the door

anyways, main point - girl seems really into me, underlying implication that i should buy something? i now feel like buying jeans

shiiit, anyone else?

SkinnyPupp 03-21-2009 04:46 AM

She's just trying to make a sale. Think nothing of it.

Tim Budong 03-21-2009 05:24 AM

unless ur getting pussy from her hte same night
its just an attempt

whcih mantique?

RacePace 03-21-2009 06:49 AM

I think they're trained that way, guys have come up to me and asked "what do you think of this weather?"

wix 03-21-2009 08:10 AM

I think they are trained to do that, the hot girl touched me and said she liked the color of my shirt :( hahaha

WHEYsted 03-21-2009 08:35 AM

Haha I had a gay guy at Harry Rosen feel me up for what size I was without asking me. I was like "What the fuck are you doing?"

Iceman_2K 03-21-2009 08:50 PM

they're doing their job - you're getting attention without having to pay for it unless you want to tip by buying something. Stop complaining.

sexyaccord 03-21-2009 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthchilli (Post 6340569)

whcih mantique?

2nd that

J-force 03-21-2009 11:04 PM

same! well, not me.
My 20 year old cousin and I walked into Mantique guildford. The rape begun when he asked to try on a pair of jeans.
Me, being an LB, I watched my cousin fall victim into becoming the prey.

Dr-Vn 03-22-2009 12:24 AM

^ what's an LB? Lazy Bastard or Little Bitch or... something else. ?

JSALES 03-22-2009 01:11 AM

Little Boy?

yousername 03-22-2009 01:27 AM

LOL same thing happened to my friend and I at guildford mantique, both at different times. actually happens everytime i go there

Orion 03-22-2009 02:24 PM

i've had the same experience there before... its not just mantique tho... if girls can do it to hit their target they'll do it

Synaptik 03-22-2009 02:30 PM

if its a retail store and you're being paid a lot of attention, chances are you're just another walking commission. think nothing of it.

B-DiZzLe 03-22-2009 02:41 PM

DUDE I fuckin boycotted mantique in Metro already, the dude is such a nut hugger... every single fucking time i went in there he says, "hey guys, what are you guys up to today? what did you buy from *whatever bag you're holding, if any"?" got a to a point where I just pretended that I was deaf and headed straight to the door.

mickz 03-22-2009 02:53 PM

Mantique is ALWAYS hiring too. Shows how much their employees like working there.

R8 03-22-2009 03:39 PM

i always wear my earphones in there so i cant hear em and i just ignore, and i just walk in, see how overpriced it is, and walk out.

miss_crayon 03-22-2009 04:56 PM

i can understand mantique is only trying to get their employees to get more personable with their customers, but it's honestly WAY too much. when i go in there, i feel as if i am being interviewed with questions and sometimes a little too personal. "what you doing today? Oh work? where do you work? oh so what you shopping for? oh your brother? how old is your brother? how does he look like? etc etc etc"

and also, they just don't seem to get it when i say "no thanks, just browsing" when they ask if i need help. it just keeps coming and coming.

trancehead 03-22-2009 07:19 PM

i kept seeing this one employee there and after a while she started giving me hugs everytime i walked into the store

then one day when i walked in, she asked me to buy her something. i just laughed at her
i told her to buy me something instead

ShanghaiKid 03-22-2009 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthchilli (Post 6340569)
unless ur getting pussy from her hte same night
its just an attempt

whcih mantique?

the one at metro, i think im going to start avoiding it again since the selection is horrible anyway - well thats pretty much all of metro

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss_crayon (Post 6342381)
i can understand mantique is only trying to get their employees to get more personable with their customers, but it's honestly WAY too much. when i go in there, i feel as if i am being interviewed with questions and sometimes a little too personal. "what you doing today? Oh work? where do you work? oh so what you shopping for? oh your brother? how old is your brother? how does he look like? etc etc etc"

and also, they just don't seem to get it when i say "no thanks, just browsing" when they ask if i need help. it just keeps coming and coming.

thats exactly what happened to me, asked what i was up to, where i work, if i go to school, etc. didn't seem to get the message when i said i was just looking around either

mickz 03-22-2009 07:23 PM

Not to mention their shady business practices. A friend of mine had "an interview" with them back in high school which turned out being to her working for free for four hours. They didn't hire her after.

Another friend had one of these "interviews" but Mantique told her she'd be working for free for four hours. She told them fuck it, she doesn't work for free.

Synaptik 03-22-2009 07:29 PM

at least they're not snobbed out like those minimum wage/commission earners over at holt renfrew who think they're hot shit when they're selling clothes they cant even afford themselves.

nosleepboy87 03-22-2009 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synaptik (Post 6342620)
at least they're not snobbed out like those minimum wage/commission earners over at holt renfrew who think they're hot shit when they're selling clothes they cant even afford themselves.

what are you talking about dude? the only ppl who cant afford the clothes they sell at holts is the lil' boys and girls working in the jean section. the guys that work with the suits make a shitload on commission

l0st 03-23-2009 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonamehustla (Post 6340624)
Haha I had a gay guy at Harry Rosen feel me up for what size I was without asking me. I was like "What the fuck are you doing?"

lmfao

Nvasion 03-23-2009 02:12 PM

omg metrotown manitque!! LOL that guy.. omg... everytime i go in he complains to me about me wearing rocks or TR's when hes wearing the same same brand and me. his words are " im tired of wearing what everyone wears its so overrated"