REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 06-03-2012, 11:38 AM   #26
Total victory requires total destruction

Such a good game already, the story is just so good. and the cutscenes are fucking great!
Advertisement

2007 BMW 335i (Jet Black)
2009 Subaru Forester (Obsidian Black Pearl)
2017 Sierra Elevation Z71 (Dark Slate Metallic)
SaviorSelf_666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:55 PM   #27
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Planning on getting in a week or two.

PS3 or Xbox? :P
i don't think i ever played a game as a kid where you punch each other in the dick.
J-Chow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:20 AM   #28
My homepage has been set to RS

More ppl should be playing this game.
It's actually quite fun and I droool all over the graphics playing on my PC.

Unlike some who shall present and loudly proclaim "Have at it master!"

Last edited by joquio; 06-08-2012 at 10:50 AM. Reason: spelling
joquio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:27 PM   #29
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

just finshed the single player on easy great storyline and graphics for me. They made it more realistic by u only holding 3-4 weapons not like before u have everything
daica-viet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:45 PM   #30
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,449 Times in 1,438 Posts
ouch, didn't know it hurts yourself if you use bullet time to jump off the stairs
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:44 PM   #31
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,357 Times in 976 Posts
i didn't think it is such a great game
the videos cut scenes are decent but man... it's jut epic long.. it's like a movie.

i am stil trying to get thru the game's dynamics (never played 1 or 2) but overall i ain't too impressed. it has it's moments and the story line i think is decent but man, the first 5 min was long asssss
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:00 PM   #32
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,357 Times in 976 Posts
here's a better review:

just finished Max Payne 3, never played the first two. rated really high like 9/10

the concept of the game was awesome. it REALLY did feel like you're playing a movie. Uncharted 1 and 2 was epic on storyline, this one did the same, it flowed REALLY REALLY well, this one was really dragged out a lot, after the 10+ hour, I just wanted to finish the game. Great script, great plot, a lot of shooting. You don't get games that are 10+ hours no more (unless it's like Red Dead Redemption). I gotta say 9/10

The shooting was NOT my favorite. I did NOT like it that I couldn't have bombs and we were only limited to 4 guns so that was ok. the running, hiding, ducking mechanic was NOT good at all. I really didn't like it, maybe cause Gears of War still has by far the best engine. game play 7.5/10

The cut scenes were awesome, I gotta say, some gmaes were like 20 sec minutes cut scenes, but damn Max Payne 3 was ON GOING 3 min. cut scene was a bit much. I didn't like how they kept doing the same effects over and over again, I got really tired of it.

The game itself was great because it used a variety of environments, police stations, airports, scrap yard, office building, central america, on a yahat, disco, whore house, fuck, there were SOO many diff. environments to play with it was surprise after surprise. 10/10

all in all, it did get a tad long after a while, didn't really had to worry about bullets / lives but some parts were like falllk.... 8.75/10
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #33
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

The game is currently on sale at Walmart for $39.99 for PS3 and 360.
beanzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:48 PM   #34
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,385 Times in 3,911 Posts
finally got up to Chapter 10
loving it so far looks great @ max settings
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:17 PM   #35

Thanked 7,449 Times in 1,438 Posts
Chapter 6 for me still 8 chapters to go.
Max got betrayed in MP 1, then again in MP2, and more betrayal in MP3. It wasn't as good anymore. I only care about the cello music play in the game.
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:37 AM   #36
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 1,320 Times in 331 Posts
Amazon's got this for 50% off
RacePace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:44 PM   #37

Thanked 9,826 Times in 3,906 Posts
picked this up recently during amazon's sale
really fun but doesn't feel as dark as the 1st two because it's made by Rockstar....excellent use of DX11 effects on PC...I hope this can translate to a GTAV PC version
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:25 PM   #38
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

^ I got it for PS3 and I've put some time into multiplayer and my conclusion is that it isn't worth more than the hour I already put into it... Plus it looks like balls (console graphics, what ya gonna do), hopefully single player is better... I can see that they watched too many Tony Scott movies before I even start the campaign though.
Fuhrėr-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:49 PM   #39

bullet time in multiplayer
but again a similar system in red dead redemption worked pretty well in multiplayer

I take it back about it not being as dark as the first two...I just prefer the comic book style of story telling. I dunno about Tony Scott but Max Payne is pretty much inspired by John Woo films.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:55 AM   #40

^ I was just talking about the stupid acid burn/ ghosting effect that's in all the footage and opening cinematic that I've seen. That's Tony Scott's visual style of choice.

The bullet time in online worked actually, except for when you do the dive, 90% of the time you'll end up lying on your belly for like 5 seconds afterwards...I mean, wtf is that??
The online just isn't that fun, I had more fun with the uncharted multiplayer.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:28 AM   #41

ghosting effect got very tiring after 5 minutes
in SP you lie on your belly too...it doesn't happen after each dive so I dont know how it's controlled
I only dive if all the enemy are not in cover so I can take them all out
Old 11-27-2012, 03:06 PM   #42

^so I started the SP, on chapter 3, but I'm liking it so far. Yeah, the Tony Scott esque digital ghosting is pointless, but otherwise I'm feeling it. I mean, this is Max Payne, even though it's not a comic book styled story, it's nice to see captions pop up on screen as a nod to the old comic format.
-It still doesn't touch Uncharted in terms of character weight and animation(cover system is broken here), but it's still solid shit. But if you're gonna play the game for online, Uncharted has it beat, the game's hit detection and full quality carrying over from SP is really impressive.

-Gotta say, I love the painkillers and bullet time... I've missed this stuff since Max Payne and F.E.A.R. 1, where you've always had to use bullet time because the enemies will always get a shot off before you do. Not having regenerative health is refreshing as well.

-I'm playing it in bursts, so hopefully it doesn't get repetitive, which I feel is probably gonna happen...
Old 11-28-2012, 11:48 AM   #43
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

I just beat the game yesterday but what really annoys me is how sometimes you think you killed an enemy but really he is just lying on the floor still alive so you can't go to the next cut scene, then you have to go around all the "dead guys" and point your gun at them to see if the dot is still red or not.
icemiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:18 PM   #44

^i'm only chapter 6 but that hasn't happened to be yet...maybe only on console version?
Old 12-04-2012, 03:36 PM   #45
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
^i'm only chapter 6 but that hasn't happened to be yet...maybe only on console version?
I have it for PC but I didn't install any patches so maybe installing the patches would have helped.
icemiko is offline   Reply With Quote