REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-30-2009, 12:43 AM   #51
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

I remember the dealer wouldn't back out once my mother wanted to change the options available on our car (ie pick another one from their inventory pool, we were still going to buy a car). At this point the "birth certificate" for the car was inked with only the dealer's signature but we hadn't put a penny down or signed anything yet.

The instant you sign the paperwork, there's no way the dealer can ever sell that car as "new" ever again.

Can someone post a link to the law saying you can refund a brand new car within the 1st month? This would be interesting to know. You can't even do that with most electronics.
Advertisement
slammer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:58 AM   #52
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

its safe to say your dad's sister is not only a c-lai but a retard as well.
Jer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 02:54 AM   #53
Banned (ABWS)

For those of you who are unaware of the term "C-Lai":

Quote:
C-Lai

Pronounced "see-lai".

A middle to upper age woman of usually Chinese descent, who has several/all of the following distinctions from regular people:

1. Doesn't have a job, or works in some menial position like housekeeping. Husband brings home the dough.
2. Drives a BMW 7-series, M-series, X5, or Mercedes-Benz SL, GL, or ML.
3. Drives 40 km/h down the road, even when everyone is going 60-70.
4. Wears full-length (extending up to elbow) driving gloves on both hands and a welding mask for the face, and for fear of getting skin spots.
5. Puts the driver's seat in the farthest position forward, with the seatback vertical, and still doesn't use the seatback. (ie leans forward, so face is inches from the steering wheel)
6. Hits other cars when parking, and is completely oblivious that she just ran over the hood of the lowered Civic next to her parking spot. Also parks on the lines so that neighbouring drivers cannot even get into their cars.
7. Only goes between the supermarket, home, and the homes of other C-lais to play mah jong.
8. Never smiles, as that creates wrinkles.
Kang19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:13 AM   #54
Revscene Legend

Thanked 3,421 Times in 393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang19 View Post
wow. TROOF
dogeatcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:51 AM   #55

Quote:
Hey, I made that post!
Old 03-30-2009, 06:19 AM   #56
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Quote:
8. Never smiles, as that creates wrinkles.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:37 AM   #57
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC8 View Post
so i say bs situation
no man, it's gotta be drugs. either drugs, gang related, or street racing
BNR32_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:37 PM   #58
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan View Post
Something tells me the M3 is fine, they love it, but can't afford the payments, and want to save face by saying "OMG BMWM3 IS CRAP ! SELL SELL SELL" instead of saying "In these economic hardships, we can't make the payments."
dont be too ridiculous boy. they own m5 and q infinity already-- money is not an issue that m3 is paid off..and again not worth 100k

this thread was straight up question -> looking for quick answer.
NOT some dumb uneducated posts/replies. but again due to lack of brains and education of most of the members..lol..

btw bmw DOES have return policy--i already found out.

oh and to all you super investigators that believe this story is bs well its not; this is what happens when doctor buys a car.
want me to send you "higher education poster" ? PM me !!

aww so cute offering me $1 or civic ... i believe reasonable offers would be somewhat accepted..then again its revscene lol

my new quote: its revscene you get revscene replies

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough

Last edited by MERXUS; 03-30-2009 at 06:51 PM.
MERXUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:14 PM   #59
Banned By Establishment

Has your Dad's Sister ever consider a test drive first? Because I know when you consider buying a $100 000 car. They will definitely let you take it for a week and see how you like it. You guys are real smartasses.
WHEYsted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:12 PM   #60
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
MERXUS, ask them how much they want for it and PM me
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:39 PM   #61
regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicTypeRice View Post
By law you have 1 month to return the vehicle from date of purchase. If it's been over 1 month It's too late.
Seriously doubt it. You're saying I can buy a new M3, take it for a road trip over north america for a month, and return it for a refund?

congrats, you just burned $30 grand....$60/km, thats some expensive driving
jigga250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:42 PM   #62
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERXUS View Post
dont be too ridiculous boy. they own m5 and q infinity already-- money is not an issue that m3 is paid off..and again not worth 100k

this thread was straight up question -> looking for quick answer.
NOT some dumb uneducated posts/replies. but again due to lack of brains and education of most of the members..lol..

btw bmw DOES have return policy--i already found out.

oh and to all you super investigators that believe this story is bs well its not; this is what happens when doctor buys a car.

aww so cute offering me $1 or civic ... i believe reasonable offers would be somewhat accepted..then again its revscene lol

my new quote: its revscene you get revscene replies

1st of all, you sound pretty dumb and uneducated to me.

2nd, with the amazing amount of info you've given us, we could only guess. your story sounded pretty stupid to begin with because

3rd, as a doctor, your aunt or uncle shouldnt be making stupid impulsive choices like this. at the very least i hope im not one of his/her patients.
Synaptik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:04 PM   #63
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
When you say doctor, did you mean THIS doctor?

http://www.drhonow.com/home.php

lol
Wongtouski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:30 PM   #64
Banned (ABWS)

My dad's a doctor. How come he doesn't buy M3's and then a couple days later decide that it's not comfortable/practical?

Although, I can't really say I'm surprised that your aunt/uncle is a doctor. This is just evidence of the theory that the amount of book smarts one has is usually inversely proportional to the amount of street smarts one has.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:41 PM   #65

^ Geez guys, what's with all the hate. People make mistakes. You ever buy a computer or set or speakers or a coat, then regretted it? Not saying I'd ever buy a wrong car, but I do know people who have done that. So they're so wealthy that $100k is chump change and they can afford to try and refund their car like a jacket. I don't see you guys jumping all over some guy who asks about the refund policy at Best Buy. The BMW one is a valid question, one I must admit I'm curious about the answer to as well.

And there are tons of people out there who don't have either booksmarts OR streetsmarts. I also know people who have both (they are more rare but they do exist ) So there goes your theory.

ps I don't know the OP at all, so don't even try.

Last edited by slammer111; 03-30-2009 at 11:48 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:58 PM   #66
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammer111 View Post
^ Geez guys, what's with all the hate. People make mistakes. You ever buy a computer or set or speakers or a coat, then regretted it? Not saying I'd ever buy a wrong car, but I do know people who have done that. So they're so wealthy that $100k is chump change and they can afford to try and refund their car like a jacket. I don't see you guys jumping all over some guy who asks about the refund policy at Best Buy. The BMW one is a valid question, one I must admit I'm curious about the answer to as well.

And there are tons of people out there who don't have either booksmarts OR streetsmarts. I also know people who have both (they are more rare but they do exist ) So there goes your theory.

I understand what you said there. But the thing is, there's also rich people that just go back to the dealership, takes the loss like a rich person should and buys the proper car. This guy for one is weird for asking people on revscene instead of just going back to the dealership, and the other thing is he's trying to justify to the people of a forum on cars how the M3 is not "worth it" because its too fast and loud (things that MAKE an M3) and wants all his money back like he bought a shirt at old navy. For me at least this is just so stupid.
Wongtouski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:11 AM   #67
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammer111 View Post

Firstly, my theory involved the word "USUALLY" so my theory is still in place.

Secondly, just because 100K is chump change to someone doesn't make it normal to throw it around like it's nothing.

Thirdly, yes, I have made that mistake with clothing. However, I know BEFOREHAND what the return policy is on my 30 dollar peice of clothing and if there is a no-return policy, I make sure that I will be happy with my purchase.

I'm sorry, but no matter how you want to justify it, you have to be pretty stupid to find yourself in this situation.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:15 AM   #68
Banned (ABWS)

STOP HATING!! This is RS, not a bar on a Saturday night!
The guy only asked a quick question about return policy. He did not ask you people to critize his family. Everyone makes mistakes that are big, small, stupid, and etc... Some people even make worst mistake of their life such as marrying to the wrong person, and I don't see you people bashing about their stupidity, or maybe because that's you who made the same mistake.

Look, could we just keep RS a friendly online car forum where we all discuss about cars and JBs, and not about family intelligence. No wonder so many people leave RS; there's so much hate.

If you have useful inputs, then help the guy out. Otherwise, leave your hate or jealousy at home far away from this thread.

I'm not taking anyone side, but I just feel sorry for this guy because people on RS are making negative personal comments on his family instead of discussing about car-related topics. BTW, last time i check, this thread was posted in the AUTOMOTIVE forum.

I'm going to end this now by saying one last thing. Everyone who made a non-car-related comment (including me cause of this post) here should think about this: How would you feel if ~10 people started making personal comments on your family and you have no one backing you up? Obviously it can't be a good feeling.

/rant

Last edited by orange7; 03-31-2009 at 12:21 AM.
orange7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:22 AM   #69
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange7 View Post
STOP HATING!! This is RS, not a bar on a Saturday night!
The guy only asked a quick question about return policy. He did not ask you people to critize about his family. Everyone makes mistakes that are big, small, stupid, and etc... Some people even make worst mistake of their life such as marrying to the wrong person, and I don't see you people bashing about their stupidity, or maybe because that's you who made the same mistake.

Look, could we just keep RS a friendly online car forum where we all discuss about cars and JBs, and not about family intelligence. No wonder so many people leave RS; there's so much hate.

If you have useful inputs, then help the guy out. Otherwise, leave your hate or jealousy at home far away from this thread.

I'm not taking anyone side, but I just feel sorry for this guy because people on RS are making negative personal comments on his family instead of dissing about car-related topics. BTW, last time i check, this thread was posted in the AUTOMOTIVE forum.
If that was the case, he wouldn't have had to explain his situation. He could've just asked "What is BMW's return policy?" He didn't, and therefore, we are allowed to respond to anything and everything he posted.

Also, people don't marry the wrong person. That is not a mistake. People, like cars, change over time. People fall in and out of love with other people. People can also fall in and out of love with cars as well. It just doesn't usually occur within a couple days...

Also, can you please explain to me what I am jealous about?

Thanks
Old 03-31-2009, 12:29 AM   #70
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
If that was the case, he wouldn't have had to explain his situation. He could've just asked "What is BMW's return policy?" He didn't, and therefore, we are allowed to respond to anything and everything he posted.

Also, people don't marry the wrong person. That is not a mistake. People, like cars, change over time. People fall in and out of love with other people. People can also fall in and out of love with cars as well. It just doesn't usually occur within a couple days...

Thanks
Okay my bad, please ignor my post. I am not the type of guys that like to start beef in people's threads. Also, I am not sure which type of guys you are since i don't know you so please don't make any assumption.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:33 AM   #71

Last edited by bootymac; 08-17-2023 at 11:09 AM.
bootymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:46 AM   #72
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
so here is my story....

they ve decided that its crap... too small, too loud, too fast lol not practical and not comf. (for 55+yo people) -- ive taken m3 for a ride and i must agree..its not worth 100,000$....

tips and any replies would be appreciated.
Quote:

Thanks
Oh.. i see where this is going now.. You've misunderstood me.. I too think he is pretty rediculous to say something like that. I mean.. no shit it's going to be fast, loud, etc.. it's a M3, and he's the first that said a m3 is not worth its price. What i'm trying to say is he deserves some spanking, but he doesn't deserve to have a rally of angry car guys spanking him with metal bats. In other words, I think you've guys gone just a little too far.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:54 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post

I absolutely agree.

How do you buy a car without test driving it to make sure it fits your needs? A car like the M3 will only require a couple miles before you're able to determine whether it's going to suit your or not...

And to answer the question, you'll have a hard enough time trying to refund a car within the same hour as purchasing it... not to mention a month later.
Actually it's tough. I tried over at BJ (buddy was ready to buy) and they absolutely would not let my buddy go on a test drive. The sales guy insisted "People buy our cars without testdriving." They let him try a 330i instead but that's totally not the same.

It's the same deal for a lot of motorcycles places.

I must admit though, what's a 55yo doing trying to buy a hardcore sports car? (let's not get into how "hardcore" an M3 is )
Old 03-31-2009, 12:59 AM   #74
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
dictionary example of mid life crisis.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:09 AM   #75
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Thread is gone off topic.

OP post a picture of the m3 or stfu.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote