REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Island Off-Topic

Island Off-Topic "Must you always talk about cars?" Not in here.
For other things in life..

Old 04-09-2009, 08:17 PM   #51
RS controls my life!

I agree with traffic enforcement but places at like the McKenzie overpass is kind of dumb. Yes speeding is illegal but I would like see more enforcement at high accident intersections where people are blowing reds or tail gating etc. How many accidents are caused from speeding over the McKenzie over pass each year VS some where like Mckenzie and #1 from people blowing reds / making late lefts / riding tails.
Advertisement
Vette Dood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:13 PM   #52
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
Those straight wide open 4 lane sections of hwy with a limit of 80 can be deadly.

I presume they think people will consider speed enforcement where ever they drive by making themselves obvious.

On the up side it is great that the Airport is finally getting an interchange.
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:12 PM   #53
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
As long as you realise that people turning left from the other direction (onto skinner) have the right of way (Like a woman last week didn't realise when I was turning left there), otherwise I hope you get plowed into by someone turning left onto skinner and ICBC finds you 100% at fault.
My truck weighs over 5000lbs and has diamond plate push bumpers... maybe you'll be the lucky one to cut me off.

You don't automatically have the right of way there if you are turning left and there is someone across from you waiting to turn left. If the person coming up that right turn lane was actually turning right, you'd have to wait. Busting out in front of someone just because you think you have the right of way is a good way to get yourself mangled. Now, if the person went up that lane and then went straight through the intersection, the person would probably be partially/mostly at fault. However, the person coming the other way and trying to turn left would probably also be at fault for entering an intersection when it wasn't clear.

Anyways, everyone uses that lane to go straight through and I will continue to do so. I sit higher than ~80% of other vehicles on the road (therefore: better view), and I am quite confident that I am at a very low risk of getting in an accident there. Oh, and my rates won't be affected if I do get in an accident... Roadstar FTW.

Quote:
Don't get me started on the hole island culture being against building a bridge to vancouver "oh no! people people will have access to the island!" damn you granola eating sandle wearing hippies..
I'll get started then... if you want to live on the mainland, go live there. No one is stopping you. What most people enjoy about the island is the relatively low density and lack of big-city shit. Fuck the bridge.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:53 AM   #54
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,807 Times in 1,767 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny95TA View Post
My truck weighs over 5000lbs and has diamond plate push bumpers... maybe you'll be the lucky one to cut me off.
Oh I get it, you're one of those "Big Truck, Small brain, thinks he owns the road" type of guys.

Well at least you can actually admit that you drive like a douche.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 04:12 PM   #55

Small brain? Shit... you have me all figured out.
Drive like a douche? Rarely. Once again... I have been driving for a while and I have Roadstar. I think that says something. I am just going to keep going through that intersection like I always have, and like everyone else does. What screams douche driver is someone pushing their way through an intersection because they claim they have the right of way. Sounds like your defense driving skills are exemplary.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:00 AM   #56

Your reasoning is awesome.

"I can illegally cross an intersection because the other traffic should yield to me"
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

Old 04-13-2009, 08:05 AM   #57
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
Oh I get it, you're one of those "Big Truck, Small brain, thinks he owns the road" type of guys.

Well at least you can actually admit that you drive like a douche.
Protip: Don't cut people off
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:16 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
Protip: Don't cut people off
So you support ignoring road signs? Crossing intersections illegally?
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

Last edited by Great68; 04-13-2009 at 08:22 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:57 AM   #59
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

isn't it illegal to drive side by side with another vehicle, blocking traffic? i remember once i was drivign down blanshard with 2 other cars, side by side and got waved over by a road integration unit, and they told me passing on the left only, and if you're not passing, you can;t block other cars from passing.
longjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:58 PM   #60
RS Lurker, I don't post!

I've only been in BC for about 2 weeks now, and in a very similar automotive site in the maritimes, we had the same sort of discussion... I'm interested to do a little self comparrison between the two to see which coast is worse. Now that I think of it, there are a lot of dented up cars around here. :P
One thing that I have to agree with, upon what I read above, is the idiots in the passing lanes. I've never seen anything like it! I've only travelled about 1000km on the roads around here and already I've already seen plenty of examples. I'm thinking of upgrading my horn!
92accordex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 02:34 PM   #61

^^^ They say the ratio of women to men is about 3-1 in Victoria... perhaps this has something to do with all the dents you see.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:20 PM   #62
dustinb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny95TA View Post
Screw that... I will continue to go around who ever is turning left there. That intersection sees a fair amount of traffic... I am not waiting for everyone wanting to turn left.
Hooray for believing other people doing it make it right! Wowzers! I've had so many douches who decide to use that lane to go around a car turning left, the light turns red, and then they stay in that FUCKING LANE to try and race ahead and go straight through the intersection. Mean time, that LONG RIGHT TURN LANE is being blocked so the people who actually want to fucking go through it properly and turn right have to sit and wait, thereby clogging bay street even more. Then when the light turns green, said Douche in the right turn lane guns it in an attempt to race the person who is in the proper lane, resulting in someone cutting someone else off. But hey, so many other people do it. Hoorayz!

Last edited by dustinb; 04-19-2009 at 06:23 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 04-20-2009, 07:05 PM   #63

Sorry, I've never blocked that lane... you can direct your rant elsewhere.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:05 AM   #64
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinb View Post
Hooray for believing other people doing it make it right! Wowzers! I've had so many douches who decide to use that lane to go around a car turning left, the light turns red, and then they stay in that FUCKING LANE to try and race ahead and go straight through the intersection. Mean time, that LONG RIGHT TURN LANE is being blocked so the people who actually want to fucking go through it properly and turn right have to sit and wait, thereby clogging bay street even more. Then when the light turns green, said Douche in the right turn lane guns it in an attempt to race the person who is in the proper lane, resulting in someone cutting someone else off. But hey, so many other people do it. Hoorayz!
I love those people , they are almost as bad the ones that forget that there is a right turn lane next to them filled with traffic that try to side swipe/cut off the turning lane traffic to pass the car turning left. Then when the person in turn lane honks, gets the finger..... At least if you do decide to illegally use the turn lane to pass, make sure there is no one coming.
Semper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 11:24 PM   #65
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by longjohn View Post
isn't it illegal to drive side by side with another vehicle, blocking traffic? i remember once i was drivign down blanshard with 2 other cars, side by side and got waved over by a road integration unit, and they told me passing on the left only, and if you're not passing, you can;t block other cars from passing.
This is correct. It is actually "against the law" to block a car that is trying to pass in the left hand passing lane, irregardless of the posted speed or the speed in which the driver trying to pass is doing.
Overstuffed is offline   Reply With Quote