REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Not displaying "N" technicality (https://www.revscene.net/forums/570432-not-displaying-n-technicality.html)

girlcrazy_420 03-31-2009 10:35 PM

Not displaying "N" technicality

First time getting a No "N" ticket. I am showing "fail to display" act 30.13 for the amount of $109. Where the check box is, Act and Regs... niether nor are checked. It is checked in exactly the middle, mabye even a little more towards regs. How do I determine if I will be getting points or not. If there are no points than I wont dispute it, but if there is points I will dispute this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volitaire (Post 4377676)
mv regs fail to display no points
MVA drive contrary to restrictions you get points

threezero 03-31-2009 11:07 PM

i got a few of these. the officer specifically told me there will be no points.

anyways u should get rid of your N sign asap. this is the first mod i'm going to do lol. no more N sign come next month!

Graeme S 03-31-2009 11:07 PM

Were points not phased out this year?

JSALES 03-31-2009 11:24 PM

this is the first time i've heared someone getting a ticket without their N displayed. how did you get caught?

threezero 04-01-2009 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSALES (Post 6358646)
this is the first time i've heared someone getting a ticket without their N displayed. how did you get caught?

usually get caught because of other things. i've been caught before when cops stop me to tell me my taillight is out than checks my license.

JSALES 04-01-2009 02:12 AM

the only time i've almost got caught for not having my N posted was when my car was overpacked, but the cops let me go and made my friends walk to where we came from haha

SkinnyPupp 04-01-2009 04:55 AM

I actually got a 6 month suspension for not displaying my N. This was right when it first came out.. My N fell down and I went through a roadblock. The officerette gave me a ticket and in addition to a speeding ticket I received a few weeks prior, it was enough to get suspended. She also accused me of being on drugs, because my pupils were dilated (it was dark). I'm sure she would have loved to find some way to give me more tickets and perhaps even arrest me. Thankfully I am a law-abiding citizen, so she failed.

I called the superintendent of motor vehicles office (I think that's what it was called) and discussed with them how absurd it is to get a suspension for having my N sign fall down. They agreed, and cancelled the suspension. Since then, I believe they changed it so you do not get points for getting a "no N sign" ticket.

Five-Oh 04-01-2009 06:28 AM

That section does not carry points. If it is written as "Drive Contrary to Restriction" MVA 25(15) it would have points.

SkinnyPupp 04-01-2009 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Five-Oh (Post 6358931)
That section does not carry points. If it is written as "Drive Contrary to Restriction" MVA 25(15) it would have points.

Yeah that was the argument I made. The way it was, N tickets were in the same category as driving without prescription glasses, etc. It's as if they are saying you are a danger to everyone if your sign fell over. Obviously they changed it eventually, but it was pretty ridiculous when I got that ticket.

girlcrazy_420 04-02-2009 11:39 PM

I put a day permit on a car that I had just pulled out of storage and realized I had forgoten my N right after I pulled out of my road. I was in the midst of turning around just past the school zone and I got pulled over for having no plates. He realized I had a day permit at that point but did his usual checks. Ah well, just another $109 I dont have right now.

netfreak 04-04-2009 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threezero (Post 6358738)
usually get caught because of other things. i've been caught before when cops stop me to tell me my taillight is out than checks my license.

Also easy enough for them to run the numbers of the registered driver showing in the system. I got pulled over for no N after they ran the plate and saw that I'm an N driver.

HollyZ32 04-05-2009 10:03 AM

I just got my first N ticket in vancouver
and the cop told me that there will be no points
so i would assume there would be no points for you

sho_bc 04-05-2009 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HollyZ32 (Post 6365824)
I just got my first N ticket in vancouver
and the cop told me that there will be no points
so i would assume there would be no points for you

The "Fail to display 'N' or 'L' sign" charge does not carry points, however, the "Drive contrary to restrictions" charge does. So it depends on what the charge is.

HollyZ32 04-05-2009 05:16 PM

I have been pulled over a total of like 8 times i NEVER drive with my N on cause it cant really go anywere on my car so there is no point
but anyways the reason why i got my no N ticket was because i was speeding and the officer wanted to give me the cheaper ticket out of the 2

LKY 04-09-2009 12:29 AM

well i just received a "fail to display N" tonight while driving to get bubble teas. $109 right there. I have 4 ppl in the car including myself.

Just wondering. This is the first time i got a ticket.. WIll the police blacklist me ?? like from now on, I will have higher chances being pulled over ???

thanks

CRS 04-09-2009 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LKY (Post 6371769)
well i just received a "fail to display N" tonight while driving to get bubble teas. $109 right there. I have 4 ppl in the car including myself.

Just wondering. This is the first time i got a ticket.. WIll the police blacklist me ?? like from now on, I will have higher chances being pulled over ???

thanks

Everyone has the same odds of getting pulled over.

girlcrazy_420 04-09-2009 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRS (Post 6372008)
Everyone has the same odds of getting pulled over.

I dissagree with that. A few of my vehicles stand out and got pulled over ALOT for "routine" checks. I've had a rcmp waiting for me to come out of drive thru so he could look at my car and critisize it. I've been pulled over at speed traps because my truck was lowered etc, but for the past year i've been driving just a "regular" vehicle that dosnt stand out, isnt loud etc and I've been perfectly fine.

jlenko 04-09-2009 10:11 AM

That depends how you modify your car... if you make it attract attention, you have to realize that it attracts police attention as well, not just girls and other rice-fan-bois.

Also depends on how you drive your car... drive to attract attention, and you'll get it. Drive with everyone else, and you'll be fine.

CRS 04-09-2009 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girlcrazy_420 (Post 6372038)
I dissagree with that. A few of my vehicles stand out and got pulled over ALOT for "routine" checks. I've had a rcmp waiting for me to come out of drive thru so he could look at my car and critisize it. I've been pulled over at speed traps because my truck was lowered etc, but for the past year i've been driving just a "regular" vehicle that dosnt stand out, isnt loud etc and I've been perfectly fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlenko (Post 6372120)
That depends how you modify your car... if you make it attract attention, you have to realize that it attracts police attention as well, not just girls and other rice-fan-bois.

Also depends on how you drive your car... drive to attract attention, and you'll get it. Drive with everyone else, and you'll be fine.

Thank you for clarifying hahaha

I forgot to add that though everyone has the same odds of getting pulled over, you'll get bonus points for driving ability, type of car and the mods on the car.

If you're driving like an asshole with a riced up bright yellow convertible with the top down and a fart cannon, you'll get pulled over more.

Soundy 04-09-2009 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girlcrazy_420 (Post 6372038)

My first car was a 1980 GLC. White with brown trim (ooo, so stylin'!). It was getting a number of rust spots, mosly around the edge of the hatch and the fenders, so I touched them up with flat-black Tremclad. Next thing I knew I was getting pulled over every two weeks, usually with the cops checking the brakes, lights, horn, etc.... basically, the car LOOKED like a POS, and the cops treated it as such.

When I'd finally had enough of that, I got a few more cans of flat black, and did the rest of the car... and voila, no more random stops.

Original Fake 04-14-2009 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Five-Oh (Post 6358931)

I was pulled over a few months back, and my N sign was not shown properly on the vehicle, and the officer gave me "Drive Contrary to Restrcition" MVA 25(15) as an act as well. What does this mean, am I suppose to get points taken off for this as well? As stated before, not properly showing your N sign isn't making it more dangerous..?

Thanks

Fafine 04-15-2009 12:05 AM

if the act box is checked = points

CRS 04-15-2009 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Original Fake (Post 6380470)
I was pulled over a few months back, and my N sign was not shown properly on the vehicle, and the officer gave me "Drive Contrary to Restrcition" MVA 25(15) as an act as well. What does this mean, am I suppose to get points taken off for this as well? As stated before, not properly showing your N sign isn't making it more dangerous..?

Thanks

You're getting points. Fail to display N sign has no points but driving contrary to restriction does!

46_valentinor 04-16-2009 09:01 PM

since no points are given out for a "fail to display N" ticket, can it trigger your suspension if you're already on probation?

CRS 04-16-2009 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r6_4life (Post 6383388)
since no points are given out for a "fail to display N" ticket, can it trigger your suspension if you're already on probation?

I thought it was any infraction. I did not remember anything about it saying it needs to carry points. I could be mistaken.