REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:35 PM   #1
My homepage has been set to RS

Not displaying "N" technicality

First time getting a No "N" ticket. I am showing "fail to display" act 30.13 for the amount of $109. Where the check box is, Act and Regs... niether nor are checked. It is checked in exactly the middle, mabye even a little more towards regs. How do I determine if I will be getting points or not. If there are no points than I wont dispute it, but if there is points I will dispute this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volitaire View Post
mv regs fail to display no points
MVA drive contrary to restrictions you get points
Advertisement
LADIES!!! Tired of being alone? Going through too many batteries at bedtime? Would you like a "hand"?? Well, you're in luck!!! S.T.U.D.S IS HERE FOR YOU!!! We offer all types of services, from a basic lube, to the full service! S.T.U.D.S.
girlcrazy_420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:07 AM   #2
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,020 Times in 431 Posts
i got a few of these. the officer specifically told me there will be no points.

anyways u should get rid of your N sign asap. this is the first mod i'm going to do lol. no more N sign come next month!
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:07 AM   #3
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Were points not phased out this year?
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:24 AM   #4
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 2,739 Times in 776 Posts
this is the first time i've heared someone getting a ticket without their N displayed. how did you get caught?
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:28 AM   #5
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,020 Times in 431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSALES View Post
this is the first time i've heared someone getting a ticket without their N displayed. how did you get caught?

usually get caught because of other things. i've been caught before when cops stop me to tell me my taillight is out than checks my license.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:12 AM   #6
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 2,739 Times in 776 Posts
the only time i've almost got caught for not having my N posted was when my car was overpacked, but the cops let me go and made my friends walk to where we came from haha
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:55 AM   #7
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 17,635 Times in 5,342 Posts
I actually got a 6 month suspension for not displaying my N. This was right when it first came out.. My N fell down and I went through a roadblock. The officerette gave me a ticket and in addition to a speeding ticket I received a few weeks prior, it was enough to get suspended. She also accused me of being on drugs, because my pupils were dilated (it was dark). I'm sure she would have loved to find some way to give me more tickets and perhaps even arrest me. Thankfully I am a law-abiding citizen, so she failed.

I called the superintendent of motor vehicles office (I think that's what it was called) and discussed with them how absurd it is to get a suspension for having my N sign fall down. They agreed, and cancelled the suspension. Since then, I believe they changed it so you do not get points for getting a "no N sign" ticket.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:28 AM   #8
RS Peace Officer

That section does not carry points. If it is written as "Drive Contrary to Restriction" MVA 25(15) it would have points.
Five-Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:04 AM   #9
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 17,635 Times in 5,342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-Oh View Post
That section does not carry points. If it is written as "Drive Contrary to Restriction" MVA 25(15) it would have points.
Yeah that was the argument I made. The way it was, N tickets were in the same category as driving without prescription glasses, etc. It's as if they are saying you are a danger to everyone if your sign fell over. Obviously they changed it eventually, but it was pretty ridiculous when I got that ticket.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:39 AM   #10

I put a day permit on a car that I had just pulled out of storage and realized I had forgoten my N right after I pulled out of my road. I was in the midst of turning around just past the school zone and I got pulled over for having no plates. He realized I had a day permit at that point but did his usual checks. Ah well, just another $109 I dont have right now.
LADIES!!! Tired of being alone? Going through too many batteries at bedtime? Would you like a "hand"?? Well, you're in luck!!! S.T.U.D.S IS HERE FOR YOU!!! We offer all types of services, from a basic lube, to the full service! S.T.U.D.S.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:56 AM   #11
e-thugger*

Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
usually get caught because of other things. i've been caught before when cops stop me to tell me my taillight is out than checks my license.
Also easy enough for them to run the numbers of the registered driver showing in the system. I got pulled over for no N after they ran the plate and saw that I'm an N driver.
89 CRX D16Y7 swapped
netfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:03 AM   #12
S-S-S-SOUL CRUSHER

I just got my first N ticket in vancouver
and the cop told me that there will be no points
so i would assume there would be no points for you
HollyZ32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 04:51 PM   #13
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyZ32 View Post
I just got my first N ticket in vancouver
and the cop told me that there will be no points
so i would assume there would be no points for you
The "Fail to display 'N' or 'L' sign" charge does not carry points, however, the "Drive contrary to restrictions" charge does. So it depends on what the charge is.
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:16 PM   #14
S-S-S-SOUL CRUSHER

I have been pulled over a total of like 8 times i NEVER drive with my N on cause it cant really go anywere on my car so there is no point
but anyways the reason why i got my no N ticket was because i was speeding and the officer wanted to give me the cheaper ticket out of the 2
HollyZ32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:29 AM   #15
LKY
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

well i just received a "fail to display N" tonight while driving to get bubble teas. $109 right there. I have 4 ppl in the car including myself.

Just wondering. This is the first time i got a ticket.. WIll the police blacklist me ?? like from now on, I will have higher chances being pulled over ???

thanks
LKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:10 AM   #16
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 5,489 Times in 1,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKY View Post
well i just received a "fail to display N" tonight while driving to get bubble teas. $109 right there. I have 4 ppl in the car including myself.

Just wondering. This is the first time i got a ticket.. WIll the police blacklist me ?? like from now on, I will have higher chances being pulled over ???

thanks
Everyone has the same odds of getting pulled over.
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:53 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Everyone has the same odds of getting pulled over.
I dissagree with that. A few of my vehicles stand out and got pulled over ALOT for "routine" checks. I've had a rcmp waiting for me to come out of drive thru so he could look at my car and critisize it. I've been pulled over at speed traps because my truck was lowered etc, but for the past year i've been driving just a "regular" vehicle that dosnt stand out, isnt loud etc and I've been perfectly fine.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:11 AM   #18
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

That depends how you modify your car... if you make it attract attention, you have to realize that it attracts police attention as well, not just girls and other rice-fan-bois.

Also depends on how you drive your car... drive to attract attention, and you'll get it. Drive with everyone else, and you'll be fine.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:15 AM   #19
CRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlcrazy_420 View Post
I dissagree with that. A few of my vehicles stand out and got pulled over ALOT for "routine" checks. I've had a rcmp waiting for me to come out of drive thru so he could look at my car and critisize it. I've been pulled over at speed traps because my truck was lowered etc, but for the past year i've been driving just a "regular" vehicle that dosnt stand out, isnt loud etc and I've been perfectly fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlenko View Post
That depends how you modify your car... if you make it attract attention, you have to realize that it attracts police attention as well, not just girls and other rice-fan-bois.

Also depends on how you drive your car... drive to attract attention, and you'll get it. Drive with everyone else, and you'll be fine.
Thank you for clarifying hahaha

I forgot to add that though everyone has the same odds of getting pulled over, you'll get bonus points for driving ability, type of car and the mods on the car.

If you're driving like an asshole with a riced up bright yellow convertible with the top down and a fart cannon, you'll get pulled over more.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:24 PM   #20
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,144 Times in 3,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlcrazy_420 View Post
My first car was a 1980 GLC. White with brown trim (ooo, so stylin'!). It was getting a number of rust spots, mosly around the edge of the hatch and the fenders, so I touched them up with flat-black Tremclad. Next thing I knew I was getting pulled over every two weeks, usually with the cops checking the brakes, lights, horn, etc.... basically, the car LOOKED like a POS, and the cops treated it as such.

When I'd finally had enough of that, I got a few more cans of flat black, and did the rest of the car... and voila, no more random stops.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:53 AM   #21
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-Oh View Post
I was pulled over a few months back, and my N sign was not shown properly on the vehicle, and the officer gave me "Drive Contrary to Restrcition" MVA 25(15) as an act as well. What does this mean, am I suppose to get points taken off for this as well? As stated before, not properly showing your N sign isn't making it more dangerous..?

Thanks
Original Fake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:05 AM   #22
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,254 Times in 394 Posts
if the act box is checked = points
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:47 AM   #23
CRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Fake View Post
I was pulled over a few months back, and my N sign was not shown properly on the vehicle, and the officer gave me "Drive Contrary to Restrcition" MVA 25(15) as an act as well. What does this mean, am I suppose to get points taken off for this as well? As stated before, not properly showing your N sign isn't making it more dangerous..?

Thanks
You're getting points. Fail to display N sign has no points but driving contrary to restriction does!
Old 04-16-2009, 10:01 PM   #24
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

since no points are given out for a "fail to display N" ticket, can it trigger your suspension if you're already on probation?
46_valentinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:37 PM   #25
CRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6_4life View Post
since no points are given out for a "fail to display N" ticket, can it trigger your suspension if you're already on probation?
I thought it was any infraction. I did not remember anything about it saying it needs to carry points. I could be mistaken.