REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 01-16-2015, 09:27 AM   #1426
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
How 1980?s wrestling characters turned into today?s celebrities | Modern Heartbreak
Advertisement
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:40 PM   #1427
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
Ending for tonights Raw was predictable, caught the last half hour and knowing all the stipulations and billing the night as Legends Reunion...

You would figure that STING is gonna show up..

YUP

Stinger vs HHH seems more likely for WM31
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 11:12 PM   #1428
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Kind of sad to see how old they all got. NWO looks 80.
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 05:30 PM   #1429
My homepage has been set to RS

haven't seen a good match in awhile but brock vs cena vs rollins was an awesome match..really hope lesnar doesn't leave for mma
FatalCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 05:36 PM   #1430
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

It had some pretty awesome moments
Old 01-25-2015, 06:39 PM   #1431
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,161 Times in 301 Posts
Wow..two back to back royal rumbles matches shat on...gg wwe
I didn't know it was possible for them to fuck up harder than last year's match

Last edited by Galactic_Phantom; 01-25-2015 at 06:45 PM.
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 07:03 PM   #1432
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

The Rock was the insurance policy
but that didnt stop the boos haha

Last edited by Tim Budong; 01-25-2015 at 07:24 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 12:06 AM   #1433
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

well Daniel Bryan got screwed again...he didn't even make the final 6 in the rumble.
SuperAman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 07:59 AM   #1434
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,807 Times in 8,185 Posts
They knew the crowd would turn on them, hence the Rock. It didn't work though

They still haven't learned their lesson after what happened with batista last year.

These people, I swear
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 01:09 PM   #1435
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

The Rock couldn't save this crowd. Lol

I want that T-shirt the rock has.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:13 PM   #1436

i think I'm one of the few who doesn't think Daniel bryan is that good but anyways so let's say he wins the rumble, then what? he faces lesnar at wm31 and if lesnar is supposedly bolting back to mma, so lesnar loses his title? hopefully to rollins if he cashes in his money in the bank. if Daniel bryan beats lesnar CLEAN for the title at wm31, I will stop watching wrestling. that's just ridiculous.
I think you guys are jumping ahead with yourselves, the point of Daniel bryan is ppl like him because he is like a blue collar worker hero, like the fans/us. his story was glorious because he had to climb up thru many obstacles just to win the title last year. for his comeback this year do you think wwe is going to have him win the rumble right away, his 1st pay per view back? obviously not, his story is that he has to overcome once again, they're going to build him probably to take the title from rollins or reigns or whoever has the title after wm31. all this backlash against wwe from Daniel bryan fans is turning me off wrestling, it's just so irritating. it's clouding over other talented faces such as ziggler, ambrose.... sigh. anyways that's my opinion, don't hate.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:26 PM   #1437

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalCloud View Post
i think I'm one of the few who doesn't think Daniel bryan is that good but anyways so let's say he wins the rumble, then what? he faces lesnar at wm31 and if lesnar is supposedly bolting back to mma, so lesnar loses his title? hopefully to rollins if he cashes in his money in the bank. if Daniel bryan beats lesnar CLEAN for the title at wm31, I will stop watching wrestling. that's just ridiculous.
I think you guys are jumping ahead with yourselves, the point of Daniel bryan is ppl like him because he is like a blue collar worker hero, like the fans/us. his story was glorious because he had to climb up thru many obstacles just to win the title last year. for his comeback this year do you think wwe is going to have him win the rumble right away, his 1st pay per view back? obviously not, his story is that he has to overcome once again, they're going to build him probably to take the title from rollins or reigns or whoever has the title after wm31. all this backlash against wwe from Daniel bryan fans is turning me off wrestling, it's just so irritating. it's clouding over other talented faces such as ziggler, ambrose.... sigh. anyways that's my opinion, don't hate.
Its not about Daniel Bryan, it is about how the royal rumble match was booked and how everyone was shat on, from the fans to the other superstars. The beginning made no sense. R Truth and Miz to start where both men had 0 chance to win was stupid. Mizdow is over as shit with the crowd and there were so many possibilities to have an entertaining scene and even begin a program with them. People were being thrown left right and center and it is was slow and boring for the most part.

They were hyping Bryan up the past couple weeks to get rally all the fans up and get them excited only to have him being eliminated at the 10th guy? No build up, no drama, for fuck sakes what were they expecingt. Ok fine, I get the logic, its to kill the dreams for DB fans so that they don't lash out later in the match when Reigns is about to win, but the crowd was already dead and pissed off as soon as it happened.

The last couple guys were Wyatt, Cesaro, Ambrose, Ziggler, Kane, Show and Reigns. Pretty much the 4 of the most talented guys on the roster were thrown out nonchalantly by 2 almost 50 year old men who are past their prime only to make Reigns look good? How do you think those other guys feel? Reigns in one night has clouded the entire roster's talent.

You don't like the idea of Bryan coming back from injury and winning rumble? How about HHH, Cena, Edge (02, 08, 11)? Except those guys are already established stars. Reigns came back from injury, can't cut a promo to save his life, does not know any wrestling moves, and has barely any singles competition exposure and yet hes already shoved into the main event with Lesnar, who already has dominated the entire locker room (HHH, Show, CM Punk, UT, Cena).
Old 01-26-2015, 05:10 PM   #1438

Exactly, it's not completely about Daniel Bryan. People don't want to be force-fed the "next John Cena" after being force-fed John Cena all these years. You think it's bad now, what will it be like when Reigns beats Lesnar for the title? The only thing they can do now is make it a 3 way again, but apparently Vince doesn't want to do that.

If Bryan wasn't going to win, he shouldn't have been in the match in the first place.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:33 PM   #1439
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

What done is done...

If Reigns were to defeat Lesner, then they better not fuck it up and give up so easily.
Defeating Lesner after all that the WWE has turned him into the past few years is gonna be hard to write
hha
Old 01-26-2015, 05:35 PM   #1440

They're only building Lesnar up so strong because he's going to put over their next big star. Remember how shitty his booking was before they decided this?
Old 01-26-2015, 05:36 PM   #1441
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

oh yes
curious what the hell the WWE has up their asses after WM31
Old 01-26-2015, 06:36 PM   #1442
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

RR match was shit. The ring was pretty much empty the majority of the match. They should have let it fill up with at least 10 people minimum before throwing people out. I don't mind DB not winning but he should have been in the final 4. Having him thrown out so early just killed it.
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 10:09 PM   #1443
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

I would have liked to see bray Wyatt win. It would have made him look strong
Old 01-26-2015, 10:47 PM   #1444
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
I would have liked to see bray Wyatt win. It would have made him look strong
Especially since he was the one to take out Bryan. At least WWE could've spun it with Bryan losing to the eventually winner.
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 08:31 PM   #1445
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
I've been totally out of the loop. My brother said the Lesnar match was really good. I'll watch that tonight.

The last time I paid attention to WWE (I think it was last year's Rumble lol), Reigns was the up and comer? Everyone was shocked they let Batista win (predictable and where is he now?) and booed the shit out of him. Reigns should have won that one. He looked ready to take the spotlight.

So why was he booed as the winner this year?
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 08:56 PM   #1446
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Reigns has a LONG way to go before he's ready to take the top spot... The guy is worst on the mic than Lesner.

A lot of this had to do with the horrible booking by the WWE. Also has something to do with everyone cheering for Bryan.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:58 AM   #1447

Also, he looked like a beast and dominated the entire match last year. It looked realistic and natural. This year he didn't do any big moves and make much of an impact and spend most of the time selling and hiding somewhere.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:06 PM   #1448

daniel bryan sucks. i really don't understand why ppl love him so much. his smackdown match tonight offense was pretty much kick, kick, kick, punch, kick, kick, kick, kick, kick, kick, kick, kick, kick, kick, kick, kick, kick, kick, kick, punch, kick, kick, kick, kick, kick, suicide dive, kick, kick, kick, kick, kick, kick, kick, kick, kick, kick, kick, kick, kick, kick, kick, running high knee. 'yawn'. at least john cena puts on consistent exciting matches for the most part despite his boring character.
Old 02-14-2015, 01:02 AM   #1449

Anyone here watch NXT? I checked out their last live show, and it was by far the most enjoyable WWE product since last year's Wrestlemania

And I think Finn Balor is going to be their next huge star (as long as they don't fuck up, which they might)
Old 02-15-2015, 01:56 PM   #1450

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Anyone here watch NXT? I checked out their last live show, and it was by far the most enjoyable WWE product since last year's Wrestlemania

And I think Finn Balor is going to be their next huge star (as long as they don't fuck up, which they might)
Most impressed with the women's division in NXT. There is actual wrestling instead of the circus sideshow in the main roster. That fatal 4 way at Takeover: Rival was excellent