REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Wrestling Fans (https://www.revscene.net/forums/570720-wrestling-fans.html)

Berzerker 04-02-2009 06:30 PM

Wrestling Fans

Wow I've been watching wrestling as long as I can remember.. I remember watching the first Wrestlemania ... look at all the fallen soldiers. Pretty crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf2T1C3x30o

Berz out.

Vansterdam 04-02-2009 06:48 PM

i think test was the most recent to die

RIP

411ken 04-02-2009 06:51 PM

Mannn that brings up good ole wwf memories..My favorite "story" will always be DX vs Hart Foundation.. and the time they had the Corporate... Good times and Good Video..

RIP to all of them

Berzerker 04-02-2009 07:01 PM

Yea some of those guys I had forgotten about... I've spent the past 2 hours youtubing old wrestling days... 4 Horsemen, Million Dollar man had awesome skits, Ultimate Warrior.

I have 2 awesome wrestling memories. I was 14 at the time had 2nd row tickets on the aisle and it was Sid Justice vs. Undertaker. They came out the ring and over the barrier right beside where I was sitting. I stood up to cheer and they were pretty much double my height (at least it felt that way) and all I could muster was "Holy Shit" Sid threw Taker back over the barrier looked at me, smiled and did a double foot jump over the barrier. Never forget it.

2nd one my friends dad has a box at GM place so we went for a pay-per-view it was Taker vs. Stone Cold in a casket match. After the event was over we went down into the parkade to our car and hung around and talked to all the superstars as they were coming out to go to their cars. Mick Foley talked to us for like 20 mins awesome awesome guy. Vince and Shane talked to us for 10 mins asking how we liked the show and what liked and didn't like. Then the rock came out and I asked him for an autograph and he said "Slow your roll Jabroni I don't got time for you" haha That was better than an autograph anyday!!! Finally a guy came out wearing a security shirt but toting a suitcase behind him... I thought for a second and yelled... "GLEN" and he turned and looked over and I had a big smile and he smiled and said "You got me" it was Kane out of uniform without the mask (when he still wore it all the time) his real name is Glen Jacobs :D Was another awesome night!

Berz out.

411ken 04-02-2009 07:23 PM

^ Damn, sounds like a fun experience...

For that PPV, was it ROCK BOTTOM? I went to that as well haha..ahh good times!now i can't even stand wwe.....

Berzerker 04-02-2009 10:12 PM

I know man soooo fucking brutal these days.... in a 60 min. show there is about 15 total minutes of ring action. TnA isn't to bad but it has it's downfalls too. I miss the old days of NWA/WCW. I guess after so many years there are only so many angles you can cover in an business like that though. What are you favorite factions I gotta give credit to the writers for thinking some of them up....I think the 4 Horsemen were the first real faction. NWO was huge DX goes without saying... what was the rocks group back in the day? I miss some of the old tag teams too... Road Warriors(Hawk and Animal), Demolition (Axe and Smash), The Killer Bee's (Jumpin' Jim Brunsell and B. Brian Blair) The Bushwackers (dirty head lickers lol) man tag teams were huge back in the day.

Tell me this doesn't bring make some memories if your old enough ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ADC7...eature=related

Berz out.

RayBot 04-03-2009 07:45 AM

The stories of permitted use of steroids gives the saddest stories for the entertainers of this industry.

SizzleChest 04-03-2009 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berzerker (Post 6362089)
Then the rock came out and I asked him for an autograph and he said "Slow your roll Jabroni I don't got time for you" haha That was better than an autograph anyday!!!

slow your roll? wasn't it "know" your roll? and while we're splitting hairs, i believe it's spelled "role" :P

i think that was the Rock Bottom PPV. i was there but had really crappy seats. wasn't it a burried alive match? i remember not being able to tell what was going on cuz all the action was on the other end of the arena and we had a big WWE banner blocking the view. for the entire match the audience was really quiet and all of a sudden, the whole stadium stood up and went nuts. that was the end of the match. i think austin won if i recall correctly. i'm sure it's a lot better with good seats, but it still isn't the same without the commentary.

BlackV62K2 04-03-2009 06:58 PM

My buddy flew down to where ever Wrestlemania 25 is held for the event. I laughed since he's a grown man and still watches WWE lol.

SkinnyPupp 04-04-2009 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackV62K2 (Post 6363961)
My buddy flew down to where ever Wrestlemania 25 is held for the event. I laughed since he's a grown man and still watches WWE lol.

I laugh at you because you're a judgemental asshole lol :thumbsup:

Berzerker 04-04-2009 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SizzleChest (Post 6363930)
slow your roll? wasn't it "know" your roll? and while we're splitting hairs, i believe it's spelled "role" :P

i think that was the Rock Bottom PPV. i was there but had really crappy seats. wasn't it a burried alive match? i remember not being able to tell what was going on cuz all the action was on the other end of the arena and we had a big WWE banner blocking the view. for the entire match the audience was really quiet and all of a sudden, the whole stadium stood up and went nuts. that was the end of the match. i think austin won if i recall correctly. i'm sure it's a lot better with good seats, but it still isn't the same without the commentary.

Yea it was a buried alive casket match :D and yes it is role lol and I know for a fact he said slow and not know cuz we were walking beside him and he put his hand out to stop us from following him when he said it :haha:

Berz out.

BlackV62K2 04-04-2009 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 6364317)
I laugh at you because you're a judgemental asshole lol :thumbsup:

Do you watch it or something? LOL I used to watch it up until my early-mid teens.

Berzerker 04-04-2009 09:18 AM

I am mid 30's and I still watch it. Is that a bad thing? Its called Entertainment for a reason. Did you all of a sudden become to cool to watch WWE when you finished puberty or something?

Berz out.

MarkyMark 04-04-2009 11:03 AM

I used to watch it religiously back in the day when Stone Cold would feud it out with Vince McMahon every week...those were the days

Gh0stRider 04-04-2009 12:51 PM

brings back memories :(

civicyvr 04-04-2009 01:59 PM

Haven't watched for a while. Didn't know so many died. I guess the lifestyle has it's toll. Thanks for posting.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Volvo-brickster 04-04-2009 10:37 PM

I still tape monday night raw and friday night smackdown on the PVR :D

Undertaker's streak will live on !

SumAznGuy 04-06-2009 09:59 PM

Anyone see Ricky "the Dragon" Steamboat on Raw tonight?

SkinnyPupp 04-07-2009 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumAznGuy (Post 6368161)
Anyone see Ricky "the Dragon" Steamboat on Raw tonight?

Yeah that was awesome! He's still got it! Mostly ;)

Wrestling fans should check out the Wrestling Observer podcast... It's subscription based, but they do a weekly show for free.. You can download their latest episode (the post-RAW episode from tonight) right here.

411ken 04-08-2009 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berzerker (Post 6364654)
I am mid 30's and I still watch it. Is that a bad thing? Its called Entertainment for a reason. Did you all of a sudden become to cool to watch WWE when you finished puberty or something?

Berz out.

I just can't stand their storylines now..I mean...Edge married to Vicki* guerrero? lol... and u might hate me but I cannot stand watching John Cena...

hotjoint 04-08-2009 07:58 AM

I'm 27 and still watch wrestling, not as hardcore as I used to, used to watch raw, smackdown, ecw etc... now its just mainly raw. Wrestling definetely isnt like it used to be back when the rock and stone cold were wrestling in the attitude era. This years wrestlemania was a severe letdown. The only good match was HBK Vs Undertaker. Wrestling isnt the same anymore but I still love it.

RayBot 04-08-2009 08:25 AM

Nothing beats the era of the 80's where gimmicked managers was the shit!! You weren't a heel unless u had the manager to back you up!

Jimmy Hart
Slick
Ms. Elizabeth
Mr. Fuji
Captain Lou
Luscious Johnny Valiant

And then...theres a couple of those not so well known ones....the Wizard, Kim Chi, the Coach, Harvey Whippleman, Frenchy Martin, General Adnan, and that guy that turned into Raven....oh yeah, Johnny Polo!

And my absolute favorites, and the pioneers of this era.....Classie Freddie Blassie and Bobby the Brain Heenan.

I know this sounds kinda ridiculous, but i will truly be sad if Heenan ever passes away. I'm a person that really appreciates one of a kinda entertainment, and Bobby Heenan was one of a kind entertainer.

Berzerker 04-08-2009 10:02 AM

You forgot Jim Cornette!!! How could you forget the tennis racket!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WD3CRIoDDQ

HAHA "Couple of slant eye'd Japs only problem with them is when we beat 'em we have to give them our dry cleaning and hope it gets back before 5 o'clock"

Did any of you have that old tape of WWF wrestlers singing? haha Remember the WWF cartoon!?

Berz out.

RayBot 04-08-2009 10:13 AM

Yes....cornette....didn't really follow him till the 90's when he came along to the wwf/e....wcw wrestling was too late those nights.

Not to also forget JJ Dillon, the man behind the Horsemen!!

Before Dx ever existed, the Harts, Evolution, Legacy, the Nation, the Corporation, the RTC, the NWO, and all those other crappy teams not worth mentioning....

...there was.......the Horsemen.

http://store.cstv.com/marketplace/st...e/TM6001-c.jpg

Berzerker 04-08-2009 10:21 AM

Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, Barry Windom, and Rick Flair Whooooooo. I think Windom was later replaced with Lex Luger. They were the original "faction"

I totally forgot about Slick!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8aFs0xkTBI

Berz out.