REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   #RevsceneVLS General Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/revscenevls-general-chat_14/)
-   -   big chinese churches in vancouver, bby area. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/571120-big-chinese-churches-vancouver-bby-area.html)

sam_malone 04-06-2009 10:51 AM

big chinese churches in vancouver, bby area.

does anyone now any big chinese churches in the vancouver or bby area and are friendly to new comers. i say big -meaning i want to meet more ppl and see, ithe one i go to currently is very small and has like 40 ppl there at most.

i been to a few and some are very cliche. they knew each other from many years ago and if your a newbie seems likle they don;t really want to chat with you or talk to you too much. makes you feel left out.

i jsut want to go there to meet some new ppl and make some friends. i'm not really christian. heheh
i want to check them out.

RacePace 04-06-2009 11:25 AM

"i jsut want to go there to meet some new ppl and make some friends. i'm not really christian. heheh"

I'm sure you mean girls lol. It's not worth it man, trust me

GLOW 04-06-2009 12:21 PM

hi joe45

i would say most are friendly and you'd just have to join their social events to meet people there and build friendships etc.

Like anywhere in life, you're not just going to go up to a stranger and all of the sudden you're best buddies with them, you have to build friendships.

q0192837465 04-06-2009 02:21 PM

what happend to meeting exchange students in the library?

liu13 04-06-2009 03:07 PM

bahaha, has joe45 ever posted up a picture?

we should make a club called "get joe 45 laid" kinda like a 40 year old virgin, and take turns trying to get him laid, first one to do it gets a prize

racerman88 04-06-2009 07:52 PM

Fraserlands on Marine just east of Kerr. ECBC on Marine drive just west of royal oak if you are serious.

hamsup 04-07-2009 08:21 AM

its so wrong that you want to go to church to meet girls !?!?!?!?!

Presto 04-07-2009 09:14 AM

ECBC is big. I went there 15 years ago, but I couldn't get into it. The service was mostly Mandarin at the time.

+Kardboard+ 04-07-2009 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamsup (Post 6368672)
its so wrong that you want to go to church to meet girls !?!?!?!?!

Yes, but it's less wrong to not go to church at all? ahahahah :lol I keed I keed.

Well, kinda. :p

+1 for Fraserlands, I think I'm moving there. Currently at a biggish one behind Vancouver City Hall.

6793026 04-07-2009 10:00 AM

trust me, they can see right thru u.
you will be so bored at the sermens, you want to meet people in the care groups so you know what's really going on.

+Kardboard+ 04-07-2009 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6793026 (Post 6368809)
trust me, they can see right thru u.
you will be so bored at the sermens, you want to meet people in the care groups so you know what's really going on.

What does that mean?

Overseas Auto1 04-07-2009 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam_malone (Post 6367251)
does anyone now any big chinese churches in the vancouver or bby area and are friendly to new comers. i say big -meaning i want to meet more ppl and see, ithe one i go to currently is very small and has like 40 ppl there at most.

i been to a few and some are very cliche. they knew each other from many years ago and if your a newbie seems likle they don;t really want to chat with you or talk to you too much. makes you feel left out.

i jsut want to go there to meet some new ppl and make some friends. i'm not really christian. heheh
i want to check them out.

You have to be a part of what is going on at the church. Sure, there will be greeters, but there is the other activities going on as well. Like Bible Study, Choir, church picnics and such. You have to get involved with things like collection takers.

If you are not religious, or dont want to pretend you are, then you have to find people to meet in other places.

And you have to participate. Get off the internet and get out and do something. Clubs, golf, auto race clubs, community activities Lions Clubs, Boy Scouts, whatever.

+Kardboard+ 04-07-2009 11:11 AM

Or fellowships and small groups. Much more personal and cozy if you want to meet people.

6793026 04-08-2009 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by +Kardboard+ (Post 6368814)
What does that mean?

Sunday sermens are boring if you have no idea what they are talking about. Fraserland / fraserview (as someone posted above) they are decent. Sitting in it on sunday morning might seem like it's a lecture and you might fall asleep. you could meet people there but people / or girls will sense that you're fake and you're just there to meet people.

during care groups, (individual groups eg//8-10) are usually on week nights where you sit down and discuss the bible, like your tutorials, it's more intimate and you might have more success in meeting people one on one.

RacePace 04-08-2009 03:20 PM

Yep, you have to go to the weeknight fellowships, sitting in on Sunday mornings gets you nowhere. Honestly, there are easier ways to meet girls, and church girls are not worth it, especially if you aren't christian and don't plan to be.

+Kardboard+ 04-08-2009 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6793026 (Post 6370908)
Sunday sermens are boring if you have no idea what they are talking about. Fraserland / fraserview (as someone posted above) they are decent. Sitting in it on sunday morning might seem like it's a lecture and you might fall asleep. you could meet people there but people / or girls will sense that you're fake and you're just there to meet people.

during care groups, (individual groups eg//8-10) are usually on week nights where you sit down and discuss the bible, like your tutorials, it's more intimate and you might have more success in meeting people one on one.

haha long sermons are OK as long as they've got meat. :p I've just started fellowshipping (is that a word? IT IS NOW :D:D:D) with the Fraserland peeps but haven't dropped in to their Sunday services yet. Probably soon.

Nothing wrong with meeting people there, but yeah, hopefully the reason one's there is for a good reason, whatever that may be. :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Illuminate (Post 6370924)
...and church girls are not worth it, especially if you aren't christian and don't plan to be.

LOL that's a harsh generalization...

....but sadly, it can be very, very true. :p But of course, the same could be said of any girl. ;)

RacePace 04-08-2009 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by +Kardboard+ (Post 6370942)
LOL that's a harsh generalization...

....but sadly, it can be very, very true. :p But of course, the same could be said of any girl. ;)

lol, I grew up with a church for 20+ years. Seen it all, and there ain't anything good lol

+Kardboard+ 04-08-2009 04:19 PM

Haha I've only been there since around a decade ago, and I can see why you say that. The exceptions are like the hottest commodities hahahah :lol

Oh man, I feel like such a louse, talking about this hahaha :haha:

bbbj 04-08-2009 04:55 PM

Churches are so fucking rich. Their bank accounts have hundreds of thousands of dollars.

bcrdukes 04-08-2009 06:46 PM

^
Okay that's good to know but not on topic with the thread so lets not ruin it. :)

Thanks!

umpadupa 04-08-2009 11:33 PM

@bbbj LOL its not true man.. we just scrap by.. at the end of they year, what ever is left is used 2 support children in 3rd world countries

Overseas Auto1 04-09-2009 08:15 AM

i see the original poster has not responded to anything here.

Gumby 04-09-2009 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overseas Auto1 (Post 6372015)
i see the original poster has not responded to anything here.

sam_malone = joe45

That's the way he rolls - asks questions, receives feedback, but doesn't do anything about it. Repeat. :rolleyes:

Mr.HappySilp 04-09-2009 10:17 AM

lol like I said just phone a hooker on craigslist and get laid. Simple u pay $100 and have 1hour of fun.

wahyinghung 04-20-2009 11:24 PM

Also once you get to know them or vice versa they will call your work,home and cell # pretty frequently to remind you to go to their gatherings, Sunday service etc....... Expecting you to attend pretty much every event which will consume your life in a matter of weeks ..........