REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-06-2009, 08:37 PM   #26
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,336 Times in 198 Posts
fuck!

end of M cars

start of P cars
Advertisement
Zyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:37 PM   #27
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc1337 View Post
Funny thing is, these pieces of shit will sell like hotcakes to hongers and mainlanders in Richmond.

"Yay my oversea husband/dad who owns a factory bought me a car because it's the most fucking expensive of the X5/X6 series, what the fuck does ///M stand for anyways? Also I will proceed to park crocked and diagonally in parking lots. Also the car will never be fucking washed by myself or if I do wash it, I will be sure to use a scotch guard and some bleach detergent. I will also proceed to lower this bitch and install 30 inch chrome wheels and plaster the entire dash and rear windows with fucking stuffed toys that will completely hinder my view of the road, a handicap worsen by the fact that my eyes can be blindfolded by dental floss and that my hair is fucking down to my shoulder be it male or female. Then I'll make sure to tootle around in Richmond during "snowstorms" on summer tires and crash because I'll be thinking AWD is fucking invincible and will save me from any fucking situation and terrain that I happen to come across, even blackice."

tl;dr These cars will be bought by people who knows fuck all about cars and only drive them for a fucking pricetag/status.
lol... does it really matter to u what other people choose to buy and drive? or is it because this SUV is faster than ur car that u hate it so much?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:42 PM   #28

personally i dont see how this is a bad thing. BMW never had any cars to compete with the Turbo and the ML63 in the luxury SUV market. now they do.

and also for people saying why turbo, this ruined BMW's image, blah blah blah, too fucking boo hoo. BMW ruined it when they introduced the 335, and i'm sure they WILL introduce MORE turbos in the future.
Quote:
Quote:
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:49 PM   #29
Banned (ABWS)

Actually, BMW were famous for turbo cars, I have nothing against BMW using turbos, but the fact that they tarnished the ///M reputation has me worried.

Yes my car is very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very slow.
kc1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:51 PM   #30
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,448 Times in 1,438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsvs View Post
fuck!

end of M cars

start of P cars

wrong..start of GTRRRRRRRR
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:52 PM   #31
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asian_XL View Post
wrong..start of GTRRRRRRRR
FUck that shit, its the beginning of motherfucking electric cars...

TESLA FTW!
Old 04-06-2009, 09:53 PM   #32
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,357 Times in 508 Posts
between the M car and the P car.

is NO car at all.

Get it?

• 2017 Alfa Romeo Giula Q4
  • 1999 Nissan Stagea 260RS 1 of 748
  • 1998 Nissan Laurel Medallion Club S drift boi
  • 1991 Lexus LS400 mint boi
  • 1989 Nissan S-Cargo cute boi
hk20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:55 PM   #33
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
what Im curious about is if the X5/6 now comes with 555hp, the flagship M5 is going to need, what, 600hp? edit: looks like the rumors are that BMW is ditching the V10 for a V8 TT in the next M5 rumored at 550hp. I doubt it will be lower on power than the SUVs tho. Imagine a pair of turbos on the V10!

E34 M5 - 310hp
E39 M5 - 400hp
E60 M5 - 500hp

And AMG thinks the horsepower wars are over. haha
Old 04-06-2009, 10:10 PM   #34

horsepower war will never be over, they'll always try and be better than the other, but most likely, MB will go back to using superchargers instead of big displacement V8s.

they should battle for who can extract the most power with decent displacement w/ TC or SC, lag, smoothness, etc etc.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-06-2009, 10:14 PM   #35
Banned (ABWS)

If what I heard is true, AMG is looking towards twin turbo V8s with decent displacement of roughly around 5.5l
Old 04-06-2009, 11:28 PM   #36
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

That actually looks quite nice.
slammer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:29 PM   #37
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
Wow..they harsh tainted the M badge

Now everyone will have it on their cars hahaha

should've just let it stayed exclusive to the M3/M5/M6 performance cars=/
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:36 PM   #38
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

i dont think these are gonna sell very well... like the 5.0i x6 wasn't powerful enough already
Old 04-07-2009, 08:44 AM   #39
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Your gonna loave 555hp doing 35 on #3 road.
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 06:42 AM   #40
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
When I atteneded Steve Dinan's launch event at Autowest BMW, I had the opportunity to talk with Steve for a few minutes, he informed me due to fuel economy standards in NA, all new M cars will be only "warmed up" regular models. Basically, no more high revving normally aspirated M specific motors. From my understanding, the next gen (F10) M5 will use this new 4.4 TT. The next gen M3 will use a 3L TT making approx. 450hp with over 400lbs of torque.
Although I love the high revving motors of past M cars, it is hard to argue with 555hp and approx. 500lbs of torque and minimal turbo lag. I bet with a simple ECU program, exhaust, and intake, you will easily get over 600hp. I don't hear anyone bitching about the Mercedes AMG supercharged motors?

Let's face it, in the new world, all near super cars and super cars will be turbocharged. Hell, even Ferrari's has hinted they will be turbocharging future models.
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 06:46 AM   #41
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
People are bitching about BMW producing a M SUV, didn't seem to hurt Porsche or Merecedes. Anyone who has the means to buy a X5 or X6M, probably has another toy sitting in his garage. For a daily driver, it would be hard to beat a X5 or X6M.
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:48 AM   #42
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3guy View Post
When I atteneded Steve Dinan's launch event at Autowest BMW, I had the opportunity to talk with Steve for a few minutes, he informed me due to fuel economy standards in NA, all new M cars will be only "warmed up" regular models. Basically, no more high revving normally aspirated M specific motors. From my understanding, the next gen (F10) M5 will use this new 4.4 TT. The next gen M3 will use a 3L TT making approx. 450hp with over 400lbs of torque.
Although I love the high revving motors of past M cars, it is hard to argue with 555hp and approx. 500lbs of torque and minimal turbo lag. I bet with a simple ECU program, exhaust, and intake, you will easily get over 600hp. I don't hear anyone bitching about the Mercedes AMG supercharged motors?

Let's face it, in the new world, all near super cars and super cars will be turbocharged. Hell, even Ferrari's has hinted they will be turbocharging future models.
i agree
it has something to do with where the market is going.

BMW have used turbo in the past and now have re-introduced it into the 335i etc.

Ferrari has used turbo before as well...remember the F40

But the problem is that, some people will be very dissappointed with the fact that the New M cars will only be "warmed up" regular series cars. They lose that "X-factor" (top gear lingo)

oh well, this will make the current and previous M cars a collectors item...im guessing.

oh and the idea of a summer driven SUV is dumb. An SUV is an all-season vehicle regardless of how "special" it is. It should be the daily driver.

hell even Porsche's Turbo SUV can still go off-road.
09' BMW 128I Coupe (E82) - FS
04' BMW M3 Coupe (E46) - SR
17' Acura MDX SUV (YD4) - SOLD
15' Acura RDX SUV (TB4) - SOLD
14' Acura ILX Sedan (DE1) - SOLD
04' Nissan Pathfinder LE SUV (R50) - SOLD
07 Infiniti FX35 SUV (S50) -SOLD
06' BMW 330i Sedan (E90) - SOLD
97' Acura 1.6EL Sedan (MB4) - SOLD
99' Honda Civic Hatch (EJ6) - SOLD
84' Pontiac Sunbird Coupe (J2000) - SOLD
Kalize is offline   Reply With Quote