REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 04-15-2009, 09:49 PM   #26
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugenrsx View Post
seriously just suicide

its the only way for you right now
wow..what a fucking stupid kid..

I'm going to laugh my ass off, when one of your family members, suicides for whatever reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by penner2k View Post
wow... hopefully the mods hand out some serious points or even ban this idiot for posting this..
what would happen if the OP was actually going through some serious shit right now and was possibly even thinking about suicide.
+1

HonestTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:49 PM   #27
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

I find reading some self-help to do the trick at times. Especially the ones from Eckart Tolle.

Others can advise you to talk to people.. but sometimes it may be the people that are the problem. You just need to keep pushing -- listen to music that makes you feel better, hit the gym, think positive -- the fog will clear.

Good luck.
Happy_Days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:08 PM   #28
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

i know most people think its a sign of weakness or whatever, but i find talking to a counselor can really help. this way you arent "burdening" your friends or family but can get a lot off your chest. most schools offer it for free and its nice to get an outsiders perspective on your situation, or at least talk about it.
treize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:08 PM   #29
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 2,116 Times in 382 Posts
yanno really.. this is probably the place to do it honestly.. lol
getting different opinions def helps dude
and plus this is the internet... so you can stay anonymous

u mite get a few retarded answers every now and then.. but there maybe people who have gone through the same thing who are willing to give you a sincere and honest opinion..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix_F7rEExqI
StaxBundlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:20 PM   #30
I don't get it

lol @ the guy who got points

Upon reading the op's post the only question I had was why did he not have parent's he can rely on or why did he feel that his friends would be 'burdened'. Setting aside all that bs pride, what's wrong with a son approaching his mom or dad for some help or advice? It's what responsible and good parents should deliver with. Same with the friends part.... are they such selfish pricks that they can't give their good friend the time of day to just hear them out first?
The parents are either lousy or something went wrong during family time. On the other hand, you may think that dad's wouldn't care but you might be surprised at what type of support you may get. Optimistically thinking for the OP, I hope it's positive.

Unless you got loads of cash to buy your way out, relieving some of the burden onto people is not as bad as it sounds. Help can come in different forms so I wouldnt be so steadfast in keeping everything to yourself.
butter_sashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:34 PM   #31
Banned By Establishment

I have my godbrothers/godsister (aka people who are close to me, and I would expect to help)

Then I have two really good buddys from wayyyy back in highschool, and even though we don't really talk anymore, they would understand

beyond that, i'd try to help myself
Shun Izaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:54 PM   #32
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by butter_sashimi View Post
lol @ the guy who got points

Upon reading the op's post the only question I had was why did he not have parent's he can rely on or why did he feel that his friends would be 'burdened'. Setting aside all that bs pride, what's wrong with a son approaching his mom or dad for some help or advice? It's what responsible and good parents should deliver with. Same with the friends part.... are they such selfish pricks that they can't give their good friend the time of day to just hear them out first?
The parents are either lousy or something went wrong during family time. On the other hand, you may think that dad's wouldn't care but you might be surprised at what type of support you may get. Optimistically thinking for the OP, I hope it's positive.

Unless you got loads of cash to buy your way out, relieving some of the burden onto people is not as bad as it sounds. Help can come in different forms so I wouldnt be so steadfast in keeping everything to yourself.
Some people just don't want to listen, and it's hard to talk to people sometimes. I know that I have never tell my parents any of my problems, it is not that they don't care, but I find it extremely difficult to talk to them about, maybe it's cause my family is Chinese and we don't talk about problems. As for friends, I have found that a lot of mine really don't bother to listen, a few months ago I thought I could depend on them, turns out I was wrong. Sucks but like I said earlier it made me realize who is my real friends.

Someone said that the op should go see a counselor. This is actually a good idea, my school forced me into one in a way and I've found that it actually helps because well she doesn't know me personally, and I could say whatever I wanted, it's like asking for help on the internet, you can get advice and stay anonymous.
MY PENIS IS THE SIZE OF A CIGARETTE LIGHTER! jizzing on my keyboard is hard for me! imma be fucked for life, but fuck it I'm a BITCH!
hongy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:05 AM   #33
RS controls my life!

just to clear things ups. ive had my problems, now solved but i was in a situation like this before and didnt know what to do. JUst was wondering how others would do.
RenoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:26 AM   #34
My homepage has been set to RS

for me

Financial problem
- got o my brothers first
- friends
- my parent are last resort

Emotional
- Friends.
MelonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:45 AM   #35
Director of RS Cares

the older i get, the more i ask for guidance from my parents (my mom mainly) when i am in need of an answer to a problem i'm facing. i use to thinks she wouldnt understand or feel my pride would be at stake (cause i was young and wanted to be right about everything)but i find she knows me better than anyone else i might confide in. she always helps me or at least makes me feel better about a situation when i do need help.

i can turn to friends or what not, but it's just not the same. their intentions are great and supportive, but i think when you are facing such a serious problem...your family is the best people to turn to because well...family is family! they are the closest and loving people you have.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:01 AM   #36
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

I would ask my family for help frist before my friends because like miss crayon said above, family is closest to you. Sometimes you just have to set ur pride aside if its that serious
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:26 AM   #37
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

may work for some, may not for others...but seeking answers in a religion/higher power is an option
bsftong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:08 AM   #38
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
I wasted a LOT of time and aggrevation being too proud to ask for help - thinking I could sort through my own problems and come out on top. It ultimately lead me to a downward spiral of depression and anxiety. The smallest task seemed insurmountable as it added to, what seemed like, the weight of the world on my shoulders.

I didn't have the kind of relationship with my parents/family that was open to that type of discussion. When it came to my friend's, I was always their pillar of support. If they needed help with anything, car/home repairs, money, advice, support, etc., I was the one they looked to. I couldn't let them down.......or so my pride made me think.

I ended up going to counseling for a couple of months and it turned my life around. Having someone analyze my situation without fear of feeling judged and basically helping me come up with the "this is what's happening, this is how it started" but "this is how YOU see it" really helped me see how much pressure I was putting on myself (and how unrealistic it was) to come up with a solution. Once I saw things in a different perspective, that which was once impossible became easy and simple.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:29 AM   #39
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,137 Times in 259 Posts
When I went through something with an ex-girlfriend. I won't say it but it rhymes with shmashmortion. I turned to my best friends and other ex-girlfriends for advice. I wouldn't go to my parents for that shit. Oh, and REVscene.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:05 AM   #40
Ubereem Mod

RS is an outlet - it can give advice

But it's more of speaking out and not being really judge and those that make stupid remarks gets points/banned.
Gt-R R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:53 AM   #41
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScizzMoney View Post
When I went through something with an ex-girlfriend. I won't say it but it rhymes with shmashmortion. I turned to my best friends and other ex-girlfriends for advice. I wouldn't go to my parents for that shit. Oh, and REVscene.
sometimes for that you actually have to, even though it might seem fucked up and your young. Situations like that, you can go and get help from your friends and such, but they can only do some much. Your family would be the ones that would actually stand by you.

Ive never been in such a situation where i felt i was going through a dead end, there have been some situations threw at me and i found that i always talked to my cousin, who is older than me but has so much experience that i think i can pretty much ask him for anything. Hes helped me a lot. I find that when i do talk to my friends about my situations, i would not take their response as serious as the responses i get from my family.

GL to OP if you are going through anything that makes you feel like your living a dead end. Just keep an open mind and be open to suggestion and acknowlege that you might need to seek help. Pride fucks you over in the end.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:11 PM   #42
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
I usually ignore it.

Given time, problems have a tendency to fix themselves or if not, go away.

Serious answer.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:19 PM   #43

when i lost my memory and slipped into depression and was suicidal I couldnt tell anyone. But i got through it.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:40 PM   #44
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

I dunno why anoyone would even think about committing suicide in Canada. Usually it's over petty little things. You will NEVER starve here, not to mention the unlimited supply of fresh water. As long as u have food to eat and water the drink, everything else can be solved.

How I wish I can remain ignorant, why do I know so much?
q0192837465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:02 PM   #45
Director of RS Cares

we as staff here dont mind questions like these, and we are here to help if you need it. however, if the situation is something more serious, we suggest getting help from someone or people that is more experienced and professional when it comes to counselling and all that.

http://www.crisiscentre.bc.ca/distress/index.php
http://youthinbc.com/

all anonymous helplines
Old 04-16-2009, 08:33 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by q0192837465 View Post
I dunno why anoyone would even think about committing suicide in Canada. Usually it's over petty little things. You will NEVER starve here, not to mention the unlimited supply of fresh water. As long as u have food to eat and water the drink, everything else can be solved.
suicide isn't a rational thought. also, people have plenty of reasons to kill themselves. starvation could i guess be one reason to off your self, but i could think of a million and one things that could happen to me that would make me want to off my self. being a paraplegic being number one. hell, i almost drove off a bridge when i heard quizno's cancelled the meatball sub. im still pretty sad about it.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:32 PM   #47
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_crayon View Post
we as staff here dont mind questions like these, and we are here to help if you need it. however, if the situation is something more serious, we suggest getting help from someone or people that is more experienced and professional when it comes to counselling and all that.

http://www.crisiscentre.bc.ca/distress/index.php
http://youthinbc.com/

all anonymous helplines
Good advice. A professional counsellor can be really helpful. They have the experience and training to help you solve problems and plus your file would be confidential.

When I broke up with my ex girlfriend, who happened to be my the love of my life so far, I was at the lowest point of my life. Talking to a school counsellor really helped me get my feelings out. The counsellor didn't really give as much advice as I would like, but he listened really well and helped me think about my problems in other ways so I find the solution to my problems. It was also a win win to get extentions on projects and the fact the service was free for students. Try it!
Shades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:28 AM   #48
Chinese Guy, Swedish Rides

Much good has already been said here.

If a situation comes at one that brings one to their knees, breaks them, tears holes in their heart, then what is left? The answer to that question is different for everyone, as all our circumstances obviously wouldn't be the same. "Turn to family!" What if they passed away? "Turn to friends!" Some may not have that luxury. Regardless, I think the answer's already there, and may indeed just be an issue of humbling oneself to seek that guidance, help, direction.

Good luck to all who are in such a place!

'88 245DL Uncle Sven the Swedish Rice Rocket|'95 945T Darth Haul|'82 242GLT B23E Lumpy the Angry Viking|'77 244DL, red/sold|'90 744T C3P-LOL, gold/sold
RS Feedback (46-0-0)
+Kardboard+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:17 AM   #49
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
I usually ignore it.

Given time, problems have a tendency to fix themselves or if not, go away.

Serious answer.
+1
m4k4v4li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:46 AM   #50
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
eh, I duno what kinda problem you have, but if you think your parents love you, then they're pretty much the only people you can go to, unless you have a loving long term wife.

lol suicide is retarded, why kill yourself when you can try kill all the people that are causing problems in your life instead? after that if you aren't satisfied I guess you can kill yourself. haha!
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote