REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2009, 08:02 PM   #26
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: BC
Posts: 992
Thanked 110 Times in 70 Posts
Recently, I have been gettin this same answer from this girl i met a few months ago.
When we first met. she was Hardcore Infatuated with me, but now. seems like shes just uninterested. it kinda hurts, kuz i'm starting to like her or something. i am the type that can easily move on, but this time i cant. Weird.

DavidNguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:18 PM   #27
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!
 
Inaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MoI
Posts: 6,554
Thanked 1,408 Times in 668 Posts
Better than I have to wash my hair.
__________________
"Can you match my resolve? If so then you will succeed. I believe that the human spirit is indomitable. If you endeavour to achieve, it will happen given enough resolve." -- Monty Oum

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 02:50 AM   #28
Proud to be called a RS Regular!
 
Exc3L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 100
Thanked 58 Times in 14 Posts
His approach was flawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Physixx View Post
That's already a big minus on your friend's part; because his approach was flawed in one way or another.


Goes without saying, his approach was flawed. I have been asking around to see the girl(s) perspectives in this case. Each without discussing with one another and on separate days, they all stated the same idea that the guy have tried and it was the girl’s rejection line that was more “insignificant.” Which I disagree and lead to much confusion on my behalf ~ . . . And so one explains, it takes a lot of guts to approach and that is sO true; goes without saying. So over all starting on an even scale of what's more weak, failing actions are stronger than failing words.

... hummm
You would think girls would be more understanding towards the complexity mind work of other girls like themselves and a little more considerate to the possible reason why her rejection line so unsubstantial ~eh
Exc3L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:22 AM   #29
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?
 
Culture_Vulture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 11,038
Thanked 2,569 Times in 689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exc3L View Post
Goes without saying, his approach was flawed. I have been asking around to see the girl(s) perspectives in this case. Each without discussing with one another and on separate days, they all stated the same idea that the guy have tried and it was the girl’s rejection line that was more “insignificant.” Which I disagree and lead to much confusion on my behalf ~ . . . And so one explains, it takes a lot of guts to approach and that is sO true; goes without saying. So over all starting on an even scale of what's more weak, failing actions are stronger than failing words.

... hummm
You would think girls would be more understanding towards the complexity mind work of other girls like themselves and a little more considerate to the possible reason why her rejection line so unsubstantial ~eh
Yeah, but you realize most people don't give a flick about anybody else's considerations right?
Say for example somebody you went to high school with died. Boo hoo. You'll join the Facebook group in memory of him and never talk about it again. Nobody really cares about the other guy any more than he cares about the hair on his ass.
It's some pretty demoralizing thoughts, but it's true.

I don't know exactly what is meant by "insignificant". But what I think is that it's only insignificant because they weren't impressed.
They weren't impressed because he failed to even get their attention and make that "impression" that separates "significance" from "insignificance".
So, not only was the rejection "insignificant", but the entire approach, including the person approaching, was insignificant.


-Physixx
Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:23 AM   #30
Need to Shave n Shower, but I CANT STOP POSTING ON RS
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 19,767
Thanked 6,444 Times in 1,212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNguyen View Post
Recently, I have been gettin this same answer from this girl i met a few months ago.
When we first met. she was Hardcore Infatuated with me, but now. seems like shes just uninterested. it kinda hurts, kuz i'm starting to like her or something. i am the type that can easily move on, but this time i cant. Weird.
why, what's wrong? you think you have never done the same thing to other girls
before? like first you think she's hot, calls her fucking everyday, then a couple
weeks after she wears less make up and you start thinking she's ugly.
Everybody is like that. I call it the cool off period. Just blame yourself that you
couldn't feed fuel to her fire.
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:16 PM   #31
無敵
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,316
Thanked 406 Times in 150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Physixx View Post
Yeah, but you realize most people don't give a flick about anybody else's considerations right?
Say for example somebody you went to high school with died. Boo hoo. You'll join the Facebook group in memory of him and never talk about it again. Nobody really cares about the other guy any more than he cares about the hair on his ass.
It's some pretty demoralizing thoughts, but it's true.

I don't know exactly what is meant by "insignificant". But what I think is that it's only insignificant because they weren't impressed.
They weren't impressed because he failed to even get their attention and make that "impression" that separates "significance" from "insignificance".
So, not only was the rejection "insignificant", but the entire approach, including the person approaching, was insignificant.


-Physixx
QFT

Why would this girl minding her own business have to give consideration to some random guy that just interrupted her in her thoughts?
Who is he, that makes him so special that she is to waste effort to do this or that for?
He wanted something from her, she did not want anything from him.
Thus, making him insignificant as a whole.
He should be glad that she didn't tell him to "Screw off" or something.
__________________

muteki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:45 AM   #32
I am Hook'd on RS
 
faithful101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 67
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
well it depends on the chick's body language, I mean if she was uncomfortable and saying that then perhaps.. it's time to go. If not then maybe she actually ment it. And that's where you ask further about what she's studying and perhaps join her because you also have to "study for an exam"
faithful101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:25 AM   #33
Proud to be called a RS Regular!
 
Exc3L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 100
Thanked 58 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Physixx View Post
Yeah, but you realize most people don't give a flick about anybody else's considerations right?
Say for example somebody you went to high school with died. Boo hoo. You'll join the Facebook group in memory of him and never talk about it again. Nobody really cares about the other guy any more than he cares about the hair on his ass.
It's some pretty demoralizing thoughts, but it's true.

I don't know exactly what is meant by "insignificant". But what I think is that it's only insignificant because they weren't impressed.
They weren't impressed because he failed to even get their attention and make that "impression" that separates "significance" from "insignificance".
So, not only was the rejection "insignificant", but the entire approach, including the person approaching, was insignificant.




-Physixx


I don’t think there are many way to care for someone that has already passed away.
On the other hand having considerations for his/her family and friends giving hope and support is mostly comforting.
I’m positive more than most people would care if they knew.

In your case “insignificant” means not making the impression, I thought their action was a significant epic disaster.

What I meant in this case with the word “insignificant” is what is worst; bad wording or failing in attempt.
This form is pretty much concluded. 2/15 both guys and girls I’ve asked not including myself agreed that actions are stronger than words.
Although I’m still unimpressed with the results, who am I to argue further more when the stats are obvious.
Exc3L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:59 AM   #34
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Surrey
Posts: 850
Thanked 24 Times in 13 Posts
I read the first post in this thread and let off a long sigh....... Ive come to the conclusion that the op is either a virgin or a 15 year old kid with good grammar.
03aspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:11 PM   #35
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?
 
Culture_Vulture's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 11,038
Thanked 2,569 Times in 689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exc3L View Post
I don’t think there are many way to care for someone that has already passed away.
On the other hand having considerations for his/her family and friends giving hope and support is mostly comforting.
I’m positive more than most people would care if they knew.
You're thinking logically. Yes, that's what's supposed to happen.
But you're not putting yourself in the right shoes. I meant that as an example, and furthermore, unless he/she was a really close friend/family, how much support will you actually give until you start forgetting about him/her?
I know for one, that I couldn't really care less what happens to 90% of the people I knew in high school now. In fact, I forgot most of them within two or three months.

That's why I said it's demoralizing--but it's true.

-Physixx
Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:32 AM   #36
Proud to be called a RS Regular!
 
Exc3L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 100
Thanked 58 Times in 14 Posts
Playing with quotes may fuk things up =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exc3L View Post
... hummm
You would think girls would be more understanding towards the complexity mind work of other girls like themselves and a little more considerate to the possible reason why her rejection line so unsubstantial ~eh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Physixx View Post
Yeah, but you realize most people don't give a flick about anybody else's considerations right?
Say for example somebody you went to high school with died. Boo hoo. You'll join the Facebook group in memory of him and never talk about it again. Nobody really cares about the other guy any more than he cares about the hair on his ass.
It's some pretty demoralizing thoughts, but it's true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exc3L View Post
I don’t think there are many way to care for someone that has already passed away.
On the other hand having considerations for his/her family and friends giving hope and support is mostly comforting.
I’m positive more than most people would care if they knew.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Physixx View Post
You're thinking logically. Yes, that's what's supposed to happen.
But you're not putting yourself in the right shoes. I meant that as an example, and furthermore, unless he/she was a really close friend/family, how much support will you actually give until you start forgetting about him/her?
I know for one, that I couldn't really care less what happens to 90% of the people I knew in high school now. In fact, I forgot most of them within two or three months.

That's why I said it's demoralizing--but it's true.

-Physixx
If it is someone I don’t know nor care about, well it’s none of my business. If he or she is a close family or friend, I would give full support to an extent of how my time is prioritized. We all know the saying that of which is not always easy to accept. “The world doesn’t revolve around you; life moves on.” Regardless how much we grief and reminisce about the good times and the bad~ what is demoralizing is unless you are planning on jumping the bridge to join the party on the side, you have to get over it and pick yourself back up one way or another. That includes letting some memory slip to ease your daily life.

I don’t quite understand your perspective through your example. But here is one referring to the original post resulting in this debate. As an example, if you were to hear or witness a guy failing in attempt, slipping of his board and brutally smashed his nuts on the rail. Although your macho-mind may processes and categorized what just happened under “I don’t care because I lack empathy.” Majority of the human race would probably recognize the bodily feelings of excruciating pain of another and related/respond with proprioceptive feelings. (E.g. facial expressions, bodily movements, tone of voice and other vocal expressions and inner feeling.)
Exc3L is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net