REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 04-19-2009, 10:45 PM   #1
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Where have all the better days gone?

I don't know where to post this but, I have this itching feeling about my life that I'm pretty uncertain about. It seems like my life isn't how I want it to turn out sort of, I mean I have a job, decent pay at the moment but I'm not going anywhere I want to for my job in terms of getting my apprenticeship. Or I don't really know what I want in life, what there is to do in life.

For example, I feel like I'm expecting something during the weekends, since you know clubbing is not everyone's thing and what else is there to do in the beautiful city of Vancouver nights? Or you try to save money since you owe credit card debts (everyone has their own debts of course) and you don't know what else there is to do.

How do you cope?
Advertisement
k20a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:29 PM   #2
Banned (ABWS)

cocaine
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:16 AM   #3
God of Unce

I wait till the day I finish school (about a year from now), and see where life takes me from there on. It's too boring here and i'm only turning 21.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:14 AM   #4
RS controls my life!

i can relate to you some what. Im in the trades and i feel the same, when i worked for someone i felt like i wasnt getting anywhere till one day i just decided to quit. I thought about it for a long time where was i in life according to where i wanted to be. From there on i had choices between going to school or continue working but at the same i had feed myself and pay debts so in the end i had to go back to working. Created my own construction company and made a goal for myself to be a successful General Contractor and go to school part time if i have money. It all depends where YOU wanna be to be happy and setting a goal for yourself. It seems fucked up in the beginning, feeling like im not going anywhere but you gotta tell yourself that your working towards somthing. The only thing that sets my buddies from me is knowing where i want to be and working towards it, nobody can take that away from you. How do i cope? Stressful as fuck, tryna get my company name out there, tryna pay the bills when you dont got work, tryna save for school and upgrade myself. Moved out early teen years and now im 20 , stressful with the economy not treating me well.
RenoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:09 PM   #5
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

crack
Roki18T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:38 PM   #6
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

You need a goal to work towards to. It can be work like starting a own business like wilsonso13 and trying to make it successful or something personal like starting a family. It sounds like you are just bored out of your mind. Why not join some clubs and meet people? Maybe you will find a hobby or something that will keep you busy.
lonelydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:20 PM   #7
Chinese Guy, Swedish Rides

Faith, friends, family. In that order. Better days have come and gone, but I have the hope for even better ones to come. Bad days are a challenge and one I feel I need to overcome. No more giving up!

Keep your chin up, grin big and put your hands to work.

'88 245DL Uncle Sven the Swedish Rice Rocket|'95 945T Darth Haul|'82 242GLT B23E Lumpy the Angry Viking|'77 244DL, red/sold|'90 744T C3P-LOL, gold/sold
RS Feedback (46-0-0)
+Kardboard+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:53 AM   #8
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

set goals realistic goals for yourself, where do you want to be in 3 months, 6 months, a year. Do things that make you happy (video games, drugs, partying, girls). Everyone's life is different, alot of my friends say that im boring as hell because sitting at home and playing video games, watching movies or just relaxing makes me happy, my friend have to go out and party or spend money to make themselves happy.
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:09 AM   #9
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by k20a View Post
I don't know where to post this but, I have this itching feeling about my life that I'm pretty uncertain about. It seems like my life isn't how I want it to turn out sort of, I mean I have a job, decent pay at the moment but I'm not going anywhere I want to for my job in terms of getting my apprenticeship. Or I don't really know what I want in life, what there is to do in life.

For example, I feel like I'm expecting something during the weekends, since you know clubbing is not everyone's thing and what else is there to do in the beautiful city of Vancouver nights? Or you try to save money since you owe credit card debts (everyone has their own debts of course) and you don't know what else there is to do.

How do you cope?
I know that feeling, it's a sign that you're bored. Try doing something different or setting yourself up with a challenge.

Try keeping yourself busy with things like clubbing, modding/maintaining cars, shopping, fishing, hiking, join a sports team, work out, learn how to cook, go to bars, get a motorcycle (common solution to your problem), get a part-time job that you enjoy, get that nostalgic high-school feeling again by taking a few courses you might even meet a few new people.

That's just the tip of the ice berg. Money is the key to all these things however. You can scratch out half of these things if money is an issue.
BNR32_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:47 PM   #10
Banned (ABWS)

go on a vacation and come back to see what you want
orange7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 05:31 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange7 View Post
Ummm, not sure if I can agree with that. I started a job, worked for about 1.5 years without vacation and went for 4 weeks with a bunch of friends. Came back and realized that I hate my job. The people are superficial, the work environment is like a boy's club (2 girls among 8 guys), I guess I've maxed out on the pay scale unless I get into sales which I don't want to cuz I hate bullshitting and shooting the shit with people I don't know. Deep down I want to get into the mining sector but now is not the time since were not in the best of ecomonic times. In the end, it's either I quit, find something temp and try to get into mining later when thing's pick up, bite the bullet and stick it out where I am now, or quit and go travel for a very long time. Ok, maybe the last option isn't quite realistic but I only wish. I guess long story short is that if I didn't go on vacation I think I would have been content working every morning at 7 and running the rat race, Monday to Friday. But because I did, I want to change now. Take it as it is I guess.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:36 PM   #12
Banned By Establishment

i know how that is man. i don't go clubbing or any of that shit, so weekends are usually spent wrenching on my car, or other peoples. as for not getting your apprenticeship, i'd get the fuck out of there. trust me man, i was in that position for a long time when i worked at a dealer. i quit and went to a small shop for my apprenticeship and my boss hooked me up, got signed up etc. keep pushing forward, or you'll get bored and/or discouraged.
nickmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:50 PM   #13
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
mary jane
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:44 PM   #14
The RS Anchorman

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange7 View Post
Just stay away from Mexico.........
wahyinghung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:16 AM   #15
Banned By Establishment

I'm entirely on the same boat.

Work wierd hours everyday... get paid decent... just bought a penthouse apartment... i mean, life SHOULD be good right?

I find myself still rocking the, "I go play games, and sit at starbucks too often"
Shun Izaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:37 PM   #16
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,340 Times in 969 Posts
I had to re-read your post to really see if I'm in the same boat.
this is not uncommon for those who are in their late 20s, early 30s, working in their job for 3-8 years and really bored at what they do.
we're the ones that grew out of the clubbing days, no more crazy bc bud + drinking a case of 24, and being in a job that doesn't really go anywhere and the money is decent so you don't want to leave.

you need to get new friends, network and find a new hobby. Getting a new job will be tough cause you're in your comfort zone. talk to your close friend and really try to do somethign diff. i have a solid set of friends that i hang out, i read a lot, i date a lot of decent girls and it's summer, what better excuse to just go for ice cream.

as in hobby, try something new, go to some short classes and get yourself out there. just remember, you need to shake things up a little.

as for your job, try job searching and if you tread slowly, you'll have enough energy to find a new gig in no time.
6793026 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:32 PM   #17
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
I got an OK paying job decent family but same as you, getting nowhere in life. I go to work, come home cook dinner and eat. Shower and BAM! nothing else to do. I don't have many friends so I stay home and play WoW, games, watch movie. I am not addicted to them and felt really bored but hey what else can I do right?

I just accept life as it is.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:59 PM   #18
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

no girlfriend to entertain you?
mugentsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:21 PM   #19
Banned (ABWS)

watch fight club over and over and over again
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:04 PM   #20
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by liu13 View Post
cocaine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roki18T View Post
crack
Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
mary jane
u guys ever think about counselling as a career?
seR04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:28 AM   #21
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,802 Times in 3,898 Posts
isnt OP in very early 20's
not a huge deal yet?
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:01 PM   #22

Yes I am, but would it differ than someone in their mid 20's? I sort of wanted some input, see how others are, etc. Come on, just a thread man, it is VLS anyways. haha
k20a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:47 PM   #23
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Anybody up for some tennis. Seriously? I'm in the same boat here and wouldn't mind meeting some people. And why not? Too bad I'm in Surrey and it's pretty difficult to get in van where everyone is.
<div id="zunecard_big" class="zunecard"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://social.zune.net//xweb/lx/swf/zunecard.swf?ver=1192" style="" id="flashUserCard" name="flashUserCard" bgcolor="#FFF" wmode="opaque" salign="tl" flashvars="baseURL=http%3a%2f%2fsocial.zune.net%2f zcard%2fusercardservice.ashx%3fzunetag%3dbedheadfr 3d%26src%3dlarge&MMplayerType=PlugIn" height="260" width="548"></div>
Neoxphuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:49 PM   #24
Chinese Guy, Swedish Rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoxphuse View Post
Anybody up for some tennis. Seriously? I'm in the same boat here and wouldn't mind meeting some people. And why not? Too bad I'm in Surrey and it's pretty difficult to get in van where everyone is.
Come out to a VLS Coffee Meet! And your sig is fail. Zune + HTML = Double Fail.

'88 245DL Uncle Sven the Swedish Rice Rocket|'95 945T Darth Haul|'82 242GLT B23E Lumpy the Angry Viking|'77 244DL, red/sold|'90 744T C3P-LOL, gold/sold
RS Feedback (46-0-0)
+Kardboard+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:03 AM   #25
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
No more suggestions for drugs in this thread. And no suggestions for liquor either.

Thxyu
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote