REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Non-REVscene Social Meets > Revscene Spotted

Revscene Spotted Spotted Revscene Members all across town
Did you happen to see a Revscene member or a car with a Revscene sticker on the road or somewhere? Or happen to see a car of interest that you'd like to share with pictures? Post it up here!

Old 08-15-2018, 08:15 AM   #22226
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,488 Times in 1,687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
So I've worked really hard to hunt one down. I finally found one.

An owner of a 488 Pista wants to get rid of it after 800km and a month of ownership. He hated it because it doesn't "feel" like a Ferrari with all the turbo shit going on.

The owner doesn't know how much to sell it for, and I don't want to make an offer that makes me look like an idiot. After some googling... there's simply not enough sale data (not public at least) to compile a reasonable offer.

Any help from follow RSers?

Edit: not sure if it's right place to ask, but I figure with all the ballers and fans living in this thread, it's the quickest.

The Canadian MSRP for the Pista is $450,000 based on information that I've see in test drives on Motor Trend Canada and Driving.ca.

My advice is to play the waiting game for this guy so that you can lowball him for a lower price when the weather changes to rain in the Lower Mainland.

The owner will get little interest from potential buyers in the fall and winter when most drivers are not in the market to buy an exotic sports car unless it's a stupid mainlander driving a Huracan in the snow.

A starting offer in the range of $400K to $425K?
Advertisement
Old 08-15-2018, 11:02 AM   #22227
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Quote:
So I've worked really hard to hunt one down. I finally found one.

An owner of a 488 Pista wants to get rid of it after 800km and a month of ownership. He hated it because it doesn't "feel" like a Ferrari with all the turbo shit going on.

The owner doesn't know how much to sell it for, and I don't want to make an offer that makes me look like an idiot. After some googling... there's simply not enough sale data (not public at least) to compile a reasonable offer.

Any help from follow RSers?

Edit: not sure if it's right place to ask, but I figure with all the ballers and fans living in this thread, it's the quickest.
There has been no Pista deliveries to Canada and worldwide maybe some VVIP's have taken delivery but most people are still going through the allocation game with Ferrari. So assuming this guy you know is a VVIP surely he would know that what price to flip the Pista for. It's special series car and I doubt he would asking around for a price. I smell BS.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 11:28 AM   #22228
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,746 Times in 1,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
There has been no Pista deliveries to Canada and worldwide maybe some VVIP's have taken delivery but most people are still going through the allocation game with Ferrari. So assuming this guy you know is a VVIP surely he would know that what price to flip the Pista for. It's special series car and I doubt he would asking around for a price. I smell BS.
I'd have some pics coming soon. And it's not BS because the connection was set by a Ferrari dealer who actually delivered that car. I was annoying the salesmen so much that he actively asked his client to see if he wanted to sell the car when the guy mentioned to him that he didn't like the car even after really trying to drive it (the car was delivered to him with 100km, he basically DD'd it to push 700km in a month)

All I can say is that it's not in Canada... but I think given it's probably the only luxury car I'd ever own, I can take care of the hassle of exporting and importing that thing.

I think in regards of price... that's the problem I'm having. I know he knows what the car is worth... especially when it's one of the first ones delivered. Thus, I'm ok with a bit of premium on top of his original tag. But yet I am not exactly in the position to make a crazy offer. I'm spending the money I saved all these years plus some I got from BTC and it's going to be the only luxury car I have since I don't think I'd ever be able to convince my wife to approve such purchase.

So, back to the original question, what would be a reasonable offer? I was thinking a percentage over his purchase price since I still have all the duty and tax to worry about when it lands in Canada. What % would be considered reasonable?

Edit: to be more precise, the guy is not set in stone to sell the car. He's open to the idea given the right offer, which is what I'm trying to do.

Last edited by Hehe; 08-15-2018 at 11:33 AM.
Hehe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 11:43 AM   #22229

Quote:
I'd have some pics coming soon. And it's not BS because the connection was set by a Ferrari dealer who actually delivered that car. I was annoying the salesmen so much that he actively asked his client to see if he wanted to sell the car when the guy mentioned to him that he didn't like the car even after really trying to drive it (the car was delivered to him with 100km, he basically DD'd it to push 700km in a month)

All I can say is that it's not in Canada... but I think given it's probably the only luxury car I'd ever own, I can take care of the hassle of exporting and importing that thing.

I think in regards of price... that's the problem I'm having. I know he knows what the car is worth... especially when it's one of the first ones delivered. Thus, I'm ok with a bit of premium on top of his original tag. But yet I am not exactly in the position to make a crazy offer. I'm spending the money I saved all these years plus some I got from BTC and it's going to be the only luxury car I have since I don't think I'd ever be able to convince my wife to approve such purchase.

So, back to the original question, what would be a reasonable offer? I was thinking a percentage over his purchase price since I still have all the duty and tax to worry about when it lands in Canada. What % would be considered reasonable?

Edit: to be more precise, the guy is not set in stone to sell the car. He's open to the idea given the right offer, which is what I'm trying to do.
Like I said in previous post only VVIP's or Ferrari race car drivers would be able to get the Pista this early and trust me they wouldn't flip the Pista this early in fear of getting blacklisted by Ferrari. Also you have no chance in hell to export a Pista because no authorized Canadian Ferrari dealership will sign off on it.
Old 08-15-2018, 11:59 AM   #22230

Quote:
Like I said in previous post only VVIP's or Ferrari race car drivers would be able to get the Pista this early and trust me they wouldn't flip the Pista this early in fear of getting blacklisted by Ferrari. Also you have no chance in hell to export a Pista because no authorized Canadian Ferrari dealership will sign off on it.
You mean I actually need permission from CDN Ferrari dealer to import one?

I can always take it to US dealership or even 3rd party for service and shit if that's what it comes down to. I have hunt hard enough and the reason to go abroad in search for one is because all CDN Ferrari dealers are being a dick about it. Whether they'd touch my car won't be a reason to stop me from getting it; only the price.

I have no doubt on the guy's credential after knowing his name... since a car like this is a drop in a bucket for his finance. Although the dealership did ask me to keep everything low.
Old 08-15-2018, 03:45 PM   #22231
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 6,847 Times in 660 Posts
some more from Saturday's Coffee & Cars

Porsche 980 Carrera GT by Dylan King, on Flickr

RWB Porsche 993 Cabriolet + Flatsix Classics Cayenne by Dylan King, on Flickr

RWB Porsche 993 Cabriolet + Flatsix Classics Cayenne & RWB Porsche 993 Cabriolet by Dylan King, on Flickr

Porsche 993 RWB Cabriolet by Dylan King, on Flickr

Mercedes McLaren SLR by Dylan King, on Flickr

Mercedes McLaren SLR by Dylan King, on Flickr

Lynx Jaguar D-Type by Dylan King, on Flickr

Lynx Jaguar D-Type by Dylan King, on Flickr

Nissan Stagea by Dylan King, on Flickr

Lancia Delta Integrale & Ford Focus RS by Dylan King, on Flickr

Mini by Dylan King, on Flickr

Porsche 964 by Dylan King, on Flickr

Porsche 964 by Dylan King, on Flickr

Toyota MR2 by Dylan King, on Flickr

Mercedes-Benz 1017 Camper by Dylan King, on Flickr
Old 08-15-2018, 07:30 PM   #22232

That 993 RWB... damn...
Old 08-16-2018, 04:53 PM   #22233

Oh crap.

The Pista is gone. They made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

1M... haha... I guess it had not just the "super early" premium... but also the fact it was from this particular owner.

Oh well... to my hunt again...
Old 08-17-2018, 08:12 AM   #22234
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:

Harvey is right!!! Do your research and it dosen't matter who owned the car. The car is already appraised to sell over 1M in the used market. If your friend was wanting to sell that badly, Ferrari would pay a premium to take the car back.
Nokiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 09:24 AM   #22235
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
Quote:
Oh crap.

The Pista is gone. They made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

1M... haha... I guess it had not just the "super early" premium... but also the fact it was from this particular owner.

Oh well... to my hunt again...
Could you settle for a lowly 488 GTB? Many more to choose from to get in it a spec and color you prefer.
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:10 AM   #22236

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgresch View Post
Could you settle for a lowly 488 GTB? Many more to choose from to get in it a spec and color you prefer.

Claiming to buy a Pista was beyond hilarious and obviously BS because there's probably a handful of Pistas that have been delivered and I highly doubt this guy would know someone that has one. He should posted that he was thinking about the Chiron but didn't like the rear lights so decided against it. That would have been more believable.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2018, 02:02 PM   #22237
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
^LOL

Harvey has spoken.
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 02:56 PM   #22238
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,815 Times in 3,329 Posts
Hyde, is that you?

13' Nissan DBA-R35 GT-R Black Ed - Black met. - "Sophia"

00' Acura 1.6EL - // Power of dreams Project - "Unity"

02' Nissan M35 Stagea - "Wynn"

91' Honda EF Civic CX - "Xander"

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 06:21 PM   #22239

Quote:

Claiming to buy a Pista was beyond hilarious and obviously BS because there's probably a handful of Pistas that have been delivered and I highly doubt this guy would know someone that has one. He should posted that he was thinking about the Chiron but didn't like the rear lights so decided against it. That would have been more believable.
Not going to throw names because it's too easy to point down to the guy given how many Pistas have been delivered. He's a public figure after all in the sports business.

I don't get anything to BS here. Just a true car enthusiast who has saved all my life and finally enough to entertain a purchase like this. Furthermore, I worked really hard pulling all connections I could to actually be connected with one.

My principle was simple, not going to kiss anyone's ass to get the car or allocation. If you like to play the game high-end car dealerships are playing with you, all the best. All I want is a simple transaction; agree on a price, I pay and I get.

That sarcasm you had in your post was quite tasteless. I'd expect more from Harvey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgresch View Post
Considering it's going to be the ONLY high-end cars I'd have unlike Harvey, I'd want something special.

Before even considering 488GTB, I'd go something like an older classic like SLS Black series.
Old 08-17-2018, 06:35 PM   #22240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokiss View Post
Harvey is right!!! Do your research and it dosen't matter who owned the car. The car is already appraised to sell over 1M in the used market. If your friend was wanting to sell that badly, Ferrari would pay a premium to take the car back.
I did my homework as I said in the previous post.

There's no publically available data to compile an offer. I know what the guy paid for the car, and I was ready a pay a premium. The problem I had was how much premium.

I could do 20-30% premium, since I need some money leftover to cover duty and taxes when it lands to Canada. But of course it went for much more than that.

At 1M, it simply doesn't make any sense. I might as well just borrow some money from my parents and get the McLaren Senna (which was offered to my parents for 1.8M in a particular market) and it's much more of a car and much more of an investment to grow in value.

Last edited by Hehe; 08-17-2018 at 06:41 PM.
Hehe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 08:35 PM   #22241
RS Lurker, I don't post!

^
Nobody cares ffs, get a life
vandouche is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-17-2018, 08:55 PM   #22242

Lol... I'm flattered that someone would register another account just to reply me.

Why not post with your original ID? Too ashamed to even do that?

Man up or STFU. At least I have the gut to post with my own ID. I got nothing to hide.
Old 08-17-2018, 09:11 PM   #22243
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,065 Times in 1,251 Posts
noooooooob

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 12:27 PM   #22244
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,756 Times in 3,869 Posts
YOHB?

Generated from my Apple iPhone using tools.rackonly.com
Old 08-18-2018, 12:56 PM   #22245
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 6,847 Times in 660 Posts
Ferrari 308

Ferrari 308 by Dylan King, on Flickr

Last edited by Dylan K; 08-18-2018 at 01:05 PM.
Dylan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 02:13 PM   #22246
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,319 Times in 5,638 Posts
308 is a cool car, always feel bad seeing that poor red one on clark sitting on the flat tire..
Old 08-18-2018, 03:07 PM   #22247
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Wow, that Blue R32 is gorgeous!

All we know is, I'm called The Stig
TheStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 02:00 PM   #22248
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Nice example, love the wheels.
nismodrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 03:28 PM   #22249
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Photo was taken by Pacific rides photography. Island car makes around 2000 HP. Owned by the same guy who ones the Ford GT I posted before.

Old 08-19-2018, 04:10 PM   #22250
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
There's a lot going on on that front end...