REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   Do you tell your gf when going out other female friends alone? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/576407-do-you-tell-your-gf-when-going-out-other-female-friends-alone.html)

asian_XL 05-20-2009 09:21 PM

Do you tell your gf when going out other female friends alone?

like regular female friend and you never have any intention hitting on her.
She asks you to come out to grab a coffee, maybe walk on the beach
afterward. Do you tell your gf in advance? afterward? never? or lie to her
that you are chilling out with some guys?

!Nhan 05-20-2009 09:59 PM

I don't see why you wouldn't tell her. If it's just a friend it'd be like going out with the guys or something. If she gets jealous then she's jealous. She can't be the one to tell you who you can or cannot be friends with. And lying never works because in the end they will always find out.

danned 05-20-2009 10:08 PM

becuase he loves bangs

Lomac 05-20-2009 10:09 PM

Lying makes it seem like you're hiding something. That said, she doesn't need to know what you're doing every single moment of your life, right? Would you tell her you're going out with a male friend? If not, then why make an exception for a female friend? A friend is a friend, regardless of the gender.

RabidRat 05-20-2009 11:17 PM

if you think your gf would care, then you should probably let her know lol.

coffee's pretty harmless anyway, i doubt she'd care too much. but the walking along the beach thing is kinda sketch. for no reason, this girl wants to do this with you, alone?

ASG111 05-21-2009 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RabidRat (Post 6431069)
if you think your gf would care, then you should probably let her know lol.

coffee's pretty harmless anyway, i doubt she'd care too much. but the walking along the beach thing is kinda sketch. for no reason, this girl wants to do this with you, alone?

Werd. I have had discussions with other girls on this similar topic as well and they feel that they should know.

They say that they would prevent their SO from going out because situations like this should be avoided as MUCH AS POSSIBLE. Because let say going out with different girls happens 3 times (you have no feelings for them, but they do have feelings for you), you try to prevent anything from happening all 3 times and succeed. The argument goes that, yes, although you succeed all 3 times, but what if it happens maybe 100 times? Out of all those 100 times, there should be at LEAST ONE circumstance which is unavoidable. Maybe the timing was right, the place was right, you were a little weak and just gave in a little bit, you thought nothing would happen but it did? It would be too late to go back then right?

I know I might be exaggerating a little bit but this probably only goes if the couple is really really serious... what do you guys think of this argument?

Lomac 05-21-2009 12:18 AM

Not everything is indicative of someone trying to hit on you, though. Walking along the beach doesn't mean she's trying to get into your pants. Walking along the Seawall can be just as harmless as cruising the pier at White Rock or strolling down Robson. My best friend (as well as several close friends) is female and we've hung out in situations where others may consider it to be a "relationship"-style occurrence... but, honestly, it's just two friends hanging out. One day we had spent the day tossing the Frisbee on the beach at White Rock, had dinner at the Boathouse as the sun set, then watched the stars come out while strolling the pier and eating gelato. Yes, to some people that's "a date," but, to me and her, we were just hanging out. *shrug*

You can't just assume that there's always going to be something behind what's going on... Sometimes things have to be taken for exactly how they appear.

miss_crayon 05-21-2009 12:36 AM

i usually tell my boyfriend if im hanging out with a guy friend
just like he does when he hangs out with his friends that are girls

why lie when there's no reason to?

Durrann1984 05-21-2009 02:01 AM

what if that girl u find is attractive and u had a little crush on her before
??

cool moe D 05-21-2009 04:04 AM

lolll

hotjoint 05-21-2009 06:33 AM

I tell my gf when I'm going out with other girls. She doesnt care. And I don't care hen she goes out with other guys. Its all about trust.

BallPeenHammer 05-21-2009 07:05 AM

I would tell her because the woman that I would be with would never stop me from going out with my friends.

If she gets jealous or angry that's ok. Just makes the post-argument sex better.

q0192837465 05-21-2009 03:04 PM

why make things more difficult that it should? Just tell the truth & go on ur merry way.

LemonH2O 05-21-2009 03:23 PM

It doesn't happen often, but when the bf goes out with his few female friends, he tells me, just as I do if I go out with male friends. Mutual respect, nothing to hide.

Although, what Rabid said, walk on beach is sketchy...I wouldn't walk alone on the beach with a male friend and I assume the bf wouldn't walk alone on the beach with a female friend either...

flameboy54 05-21-2009 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallPeenHammer (Post 6431331)
If she gets jealous or angry that's ok. Just makes the post-argument sex better.

+1 :thumbsup:

Lomac 05-21-2009 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessPeiPei (Post 6431887)
It doesn't happen often, but when the bf goes out with his few female friends, he tells me, just as I do if I go out with male friends. Mutual respect, nothing to hide.

Although, what Rabid said, walk on beach is sketchy...I wouldn't walk alone on the beach with a male friend and I assume the bf wouldn't walk alone on the beach with a female friend either...

I don't get it. Why is walking along the beach with a friend sketchy? It's not like they're going to do the stereotypical Hollywood romantic thing where they're both in bare feet, walking along the edge of the water, hand-in-hand, while dancing and doing whatever other shit you see in movies. What makes going to the beach more sketchy than checking out the Farmers Market or walking through Metrotown? If the weather is nice, the beach is a great place to hang out and cruise.

sweetiee 05-21-2009 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss_crayon (Post 6431162)
i usually tell my boyfriend if im hanging out with a guy friend
just like he does when he hangs out with his friends that are girls

why lie when there's no reason to?

agreed.

Wykydtron 05-21-2009 10:39 PM

With my ex, I never specified who I was hanging out with and when. I didn't see a reason to. I think Lomac nails it on the head.

Gh0stRider 05-22-2009 12:12 AM

hell no.

hotjoint 05-22-2009 07:22 AM

^ :lol SAM

twinkle 05-22-2009 08:36 AM

if you dont mind if she's hanging out with another guy friend then go for it. but if nothings going on then no need to hide it:)

PaChiLa Leader 05-23-2009 07:27 AM

depends on the situation if she asks then i would tell her

Ulic Qel-Droma 05-23-2009 08:12 AM

you know what's better than the truth? a white lie. because everyone wins.

freakshow 05-25-2009 12:45 AM

you know what's better than a white lie? a gf that you don't need to tell white lies to.

Timpo 05-25-2009 06:45 PM

do you get jealous if your gf hangs out with another guy on the beach?