REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 05-27-2009, 07:58 PM   #26
Banned By Establishment

I wanted to do front tint, cuz black leather gets stupid hot in the summer, and apparently break-in's are more and more apparent in my area....

However, I've also had no front plate, blue/white LED corners for over a year now, and haven't had a problem since.
Advertisement
Shun Izaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:50 PM   #27
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

its really you're own risk right...if they ticket you then you have no one to blame but yourself knowing full well what is legal and what is illegal...they are written in black and white what they will ticket and what they won't...its not like the cops have nothing better to do, its their job or what they are expected to enforce.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:15 PM   #28
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
And before you insult any other members attempting to answer you with the proper answer (such as taylor), lose the attitude.
Sadly it is the proper answer too, he just won't believe it cause he figures every cop is out to get modified cars.

You'll be as likely pulled over in a blacked out car as a flashy modified car.

Cops look for who's driving, so limo tinted black windows will catch their attention. My GF has a Volvo XC70, the typical soccer mom mobile. Its tinted and she's been pulled over or warned at roadside checks more times for tint than I've been pulled over since I modified, slammed and painted my car.

Plus I don't need another 24 point infraction by sarcastically responding to him!
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:22 PM   #29
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by j5ive View Post
Then the RS members delivered with the standard "no help" replies we've all come to love so much. Yes, the poster's later posts might be a bit sarcastic. But really, after reading some of the replies, I don't think it's completely unwarranted.

As for posting in the police forum, why? He already knows it's illegal. So it's not a legality question. Plus he would get the same people posting the replies there. And what are the officers there going to say really? "Yes, it's illegal, but we won't enforce it if your car is otherwise stock."?
Its cause he's asking a question without an definite answer.

Some cops will ticket everything, some will let a lot go. Most people will notice a bright yellow "stock" sports car before they notice my black/silver modified lowered car. So the question of "stock" is dumb, "inconspicuous" would be a better word yet I doubt the OP is that intelligent.

Like I said above, officers look for the driver, and in doing so will stare directly at your tint. If you have a car that attracts attention (brightly coloured stock, or flashy modified), or drive like an idiot, you're going to get noticed.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:28 PM   #30
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
don't a lot of cars these days come factory with some sort of tinting. ie. mercedes,?
might not be a film though, and its not too dark
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:12 PM   #31
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvtofu View Post
don't a lot of cars these days come factory with some sort of tinting. ie. mercedes,?
it's not a tint I think, their whole glass is like a very light blue color
icemiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:44 PM   #32
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,216 Times in 510 Posts
i got 50% front 35% rear on a all black car, exhaust, black w/polished lip rims, custom front driving in richmond all the time, haven't had any troubles with the tint but i'm sure it's just a matter of time.

Just got to be " on your toes " when you're driving for cops and pull the windows down...
or.. wear light colours so it's harder to see the tint lol!
illicitstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:15 PM   #33
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
I dont understand why people complain, your doing something illegal, no matter how you put it it cant be legal
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:00 AM   #34
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvtofu View Post
Some Mercedes come with a light blue tint, I think its built into the window, yet its like 95%, so light you'd be hard pressed to even notice it.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:45 AM   #35
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
My GF has a Volvo XC70, the typical soccer mom mobile. Its tinted and she's been pulled over or warned at roadside checks more times for tint than I've been pulled over since I modified, slammed and painted my car.
Now THAT'S the kind of information I was asking about. THANK YOU!! Was that so hard?

I know it's illegal. So are HIDs. So are clear corners. So is anal sex in the state of Alabama. My question is how often or how diligently does the police enforce that particular law relative to a car which has otherwise NO other mods?

I have gone though pages and pages of people saying they get pulled over, but since I don't read every single post every single member posts, I have no idea how modded their car is. I asked for information from STOCK cars. And I have no interest in hearing some bureaucratic office-desk statement copied verbatim from an RCMP public relations brochure. Who ever thinks that the cops always and only do what their procedural manual says needs a reality check.
Titanium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:09 AM   #36
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
My question is how often or how diligently does the police enforce that particular law relative to a car which has otherwise NO other mods?
Like I said, this question has no answer cause its not consistent. Your question doesn't have a single answer, even if all the previous posts you read did list how modified the car was, you'd need size, colour and even ethnicity of driver.

My example is with a large Volvo nicknamed by me "the tank" with dark tint, a different car in a different neighbourhood with different tint will have different results.

I'm sure I could tint my modified black/silver lowered quiet Mercedes and get away with it, yet an immigrant rocking Ed Hardy hats driving a bright yellow slammed Civic fitting with a screaming annoying fart can won't get away with it at all.

Thus, if you ask a dumb question, you get a dumb answer.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:42 PM   #37
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Had my front tint on for over 2 years, was finally pulled over by the Richmond RCMP and was given a ticket. No order to remove or anything, $109 ticket. I expected it though, because in a sense if you tint your front windows, you're playing with fire. I have a car that is noticeable in terms of modifications. This was at 1am, i had 50% front tint, not extremely noticeable at night and at that percentage, but was still found out.

Brothers stock TSX was pulled over because the cop saw us get into his car. She also noticed the front tint, so she followed us. As mentioned, there's really no telling as to when you will get pulled over. Depends on the time and the mood of the cop i suppose. Brother had a more noticeable 35% front tint, was at like 7pm during summer time (bright out, so very noticeable) on his dark purple tsx.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:43 PM   #38
G'd up! w000weee

Quote:
50-60% front tint, otherwise 100% stock. Pulled over and ticketed for tint...

How often does that happen?

(Didn't happen to me, but just wanted to know if this scenario could occur, Also assuming not driving erratically or otherwise in an annoying fashion)

I read a lot about ppl getting VI or fines for front tint, even as high as 80%, but I'm wondering if it has anything to do with all the other mods that they've done to the car.
I've got pulled over for 50% tint before when my G had no mods whatsoever. I decided to remove the tint cuz I used to get tons of front window tint tickets with my previous modded Integra...it's just not worth the money.
mmmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:05 PM   #39
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Al Zawahiri View Post
I've had front tints on all my cars, got pulled over 3 times in the last 10 years and 2 tickets were from motorcycle cops. Moto cops in downtown will give you a ticket so stay away from Robson on the weekends because they love to camp out and hand out tickets. Undercovers in Vancouver usually give you a warning. One cop last summer actually tried to peal my tint off and if the cop is a big time prick they can damage or rip the tint so you have to remove it.
campers should be shot dead in the head
This post thanked by:
Old 05-28-2009, 03:09 PM   #40

Quote:
Well thank you Mr. and Mrs. RCMP Public Relations Spokespersons.

Wow one thread and already I have like a half-dozen potential new sigs...

Now before anybody else clicks "reply" please read the question and double check to make sure your reply does not make you sound like a total dumbass. kthx.
Front tint is too obvious, unless the cop is lazy or blind, you either get a warning or ticket. They also can smell douche bags a mile away.

Yes modified cars attracts attention with the paint, body kit/space shuttle spoilers, and loud ass mufflers. My friends stock G35 has front tint, light ones, He never got pulled over in 3 yrs, but again, he never goes to Richmond.

Last edited by wasabisashimi; 05-28-2009 at 03:16 PM.
wasabisashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:10 PM   #41
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabisashimi View Post

agreed 100%
Old 05-28-2009, 03:17 PM   #42
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
Its cause he's asking a question without an definite answer.

Some cops will ticket everything, some will let a lot go. Most people will notice a bright yellow "stock" sports car before they notice my black/silver modified lowered car. So the question of "stock" is dumb, "inconspicuous" would be a better word yet I doubt the OP is that intelligent.
See, the PF link WOULD be useful for him, as a casual browse there would have given him this same answer as well: there are people there who swear they drive around for years with all sorts of illegal mods and never a problem, and others who make the smallest illegal change and get busted for it the next day... and some who will go for months or years without a problem, then get nailed repeatedly for the same thing in the span of weeks, and still don't learn their lesson.

Heck, some even come to RS first, ask if what they're about to do illegal (including front tints), and even after they're told repeatedly that it IS illegal, they go ahead and do it anyway... then come back whining about it when they get busted. Or they announce their intentions, are told it's illegal, whine endlessly about all the killjoys, do it anyway... and then come back whining about getting busted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:40 PM   #43
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabisashimi View Post
that's harsh, perhaps a scare tactic
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:50 PM   #44
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Now THAT'S the kind of information I was asking about. THANK YOU!! Was that so hard?

I know it's illegal. So are HIDs. So are clear corners. So is anal sex in the state of Alabama. My question is how often or how diligently does the police enforce that particular law relative to a car which has otherwise NO other mods?

I have gone though pages and pages of people saying they get pulled over, but since I don't read every single post every single member posts, I have no idea how modded their car is. I asked for information from STOCK cars. And I have no interest in hearing some bureaucratic office-desk statement copied verbatim from an RCMP public relations brochure. Who ever thinks that the cops always and only do what their procedural manual says needs a reality check.
the fuck, anal sex is illegal in alabama?

fuck that.
Shun Izaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:54 PM   #45
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 1,357 Times in 508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Heck, some even come to RS first, ask if what they're about to do illegal (including front tints), and even after they're told repeatedly that it IS illegal, they go ahead and do it anyway... then come back whining about it when they get busted. Or they announce their intentions, are told it's illegal, whine endlessly about all the killjoys, do it anyway... and then come back whining about getting busted.
Nice description of the OP.

older AMG Mercedes has proper TINT in front glass. Actually go look at 1989-1992 Toyota Cressidas they are factory tinted all around.

Factory tint is exempted from the no-tint rule.

In fact I added 60% front tint to my Mercedes cops pulled me over didn't notice a damned thing. I even rolled my window up and down a few times. You pay (for a luxo mobile, and a perfect to-the-edge tint) to play the front tint game. [all comments posted here is out of my ass, if you are an officer no my front tint is perfectly factory OEM]

• 2017 Alfa Romeo Giula Q4
  • 1999 Nissan Stagea 260RS 1 of 748
  • 1998 Nissan Laurel Medallion Club S drift boi
  • 1991 Lexus LS400 mint boi
  • 1989 Nissan S-Cargo cute boi
hk20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:30 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
older AMG Mercedes has proper TINT in front glass. Actually go look at 1989-1992 Toyota Cressidas they are factory tinted all around.

Factory tint is exempted from the no-tint rule.
There was a thread in PF not long ago, someone who was written up for his factory tint... had to go to lengths to convince the cop that the car was made that way and get the ticket canceled. Don't recall if there was a VI involved.

We had one car years ago, when the driver's window was smashed by thieves, it took extra-long to get it fixed because the windows had factory tint (or "smoked glass" as they called it) and the replacement had to be custom-ordered.
Quote:
Old 09-28-2009, 09:21 PM   #47
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

bought my car with 35% tint all the way around. got pulled over after 2 years, told the cop i bought it this way. got off with a warning.
Vip13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:29 PM   #48

Thanked 1,967 Times in 290 Posts
Cruising in surrey about a month ago... nothing out of the ordinary. The lane I was driving in merged into one lane going down the street (they forced cars into a road block around 4pm that day). The cop let most cars go except the car in front of me and myself. I had my windows rolled down so he ask me for my license then told me to roll my window up about half way then proceeded to check if i had my "N" displayed. Everything was good so we rolled on; never knew why he told me to roll up my windows half way, but now i knew that he was checking if my fronts were tinted cause the bitch cop had his ticket book out with his pen just so eager to write someone a ticket... haha

UNCE UNCE UNCE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykn View Post
Comparing A&B with deadmau5? Really? I should fucking slap you

2007 Acura TL
2005 Acura TL....RIP
2003 Honda Accord Coupe V6....RIP
tonyvu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:20 AM   #49
Banned (BBM)

why the fuck did u bump this old thread for?

jesus
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-29-2009, 07:29 AM   #50

Why did YOU just bump it again?
Quote:
This post thanked by: