REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:27 AM   #26
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.attack View Post
well put i guess that is true.. i guess im just not a fan of people renaming their cars something else

and as long as you've still got the license plate you're good... although then there are the real dummies who get rid of that too
Saw an Accord coupe that had 'INSPIRE' across the back of the trunk. I always thought that the Honda Inspire only came as a sedan though, but I could be wrong. I see a lot of Mazda6 that have the badge changed to Atenza since that's what they are in Japan, as well as IS300's that say Altezza.
Advertisement
wing_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:20 PM   #27
Need my Daily Fix of RS

I just saw this at the Qualicum carshow and thought of this thread.

If a Cop didn't know this wasn't a Lambo ,they need to be on permanent desk duty,although it is hard to tell it on a Fiero chassis.
http://www3.telus.net/public/wn99/lambiero.jpg
wnderinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:27 PM   #28
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnderinguy View Post
I just saw this at the Qualicum carshow and thought of this thread.

If a Cop didn't know this wasn't a Lambo ,they need to be on permanent desk duty,although it is hard to tell it on a Fiero chassis.
http://www3.telus.net/public/wn99/lambiero.jpg
Ahahahahah, looks like something you'd get at Toys-R-Us. All that's missing is the pink paint job and the big BARBIE logo on the side :IDL:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:49 PM   #29
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Ahahahahah, looks like something you'd get at Toys-R-Us. All that's missing is the pink paint job and the big BARBIE logo on the side :IDL:
The car with the "pink" paint job was down the street.
http://www3.telus.net/public/wn99/pink.jpg
wnderinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:41 AM   #30
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Speaking of Barbie...Aqua has a new song out called "back to the 80's"...some great lyrics.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:24 PM   #31
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

you can remove them
Jasdip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:12 AM   #32
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.attack View Post
why is it that you need to take them off.. i mean i understand that it looks cool and i know you're not purposely trying to do anything bad/illegal/whatever

my point is that what if someone were to get hit and run ( i dont mean by you) by a car with removed badges/improper badges like a g35 with the skyline badge on it and then they go to describe the car to the police... well it was a nissan skyline.....yeah those are two completely different cars.....
Exactly that, it looks clean/cool. I have a 2001 Prelude, which being a relatively rare car in N. America, would look more exotic than it already does if (most) can't readily identify it, like they can with your dime-a-dozen civics and accords.

That being said, I like the "P R E L U D E" in chrome on the back bumper and the Vtec badge, so I'm not going to remove them.

And to whoever was asking: I never said anything about putting other vehicles'/product's markings on mine, to me that goes hand in hand with being a ricer, which I am not.
HavoK041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:04 PM   #33
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,906 Times in 3,869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
How the hell do you get a speeding ticket in a Sprint???

You know, I bought a Sprint once.

Well... I didn't actually BUY it... it came in a Happy Meal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vash13 View Post
Only thing I see problematic with debadging is if you get towed. The tow truck driver might not be sure whether your car will be AWD or FWD since there is no badging.
exactly. when I finally get an Alltrac I'll either get those AWD warning stickers, or swap the Alltrac (USDM) for 4WD Turbo (CDM) just so it's dead obvious the car isn't FWD.

Also, I've had my car towed where the drivers never went beyond the front tires, just backed up to my car, hooked up, reached over and stuck the lights on the roof, and got ready to drive away. I had to yell at him not to go anywhere because the e-brake was still on...
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 08:53 PM   #34
I subscribe to Revscene

So when an AWD car is stolen (er, towed) with rear wheels on the ground, is it the owner of the vehicle who is responsible for the cost of the repairs or is it the thief for not knowing how to properly deny the owner of lawful enjoyment of the car (or should I say tow the car)?

Would de-badging the car limit the liability of the organized crime ring (tow company) due to making it harder to determine at a glance if the car is AWD or not?
sebberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 12:05 AM   #35
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,645 Times in 446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebberry View Post
So when an AWD car is stolen (er, towed) with rear wheels on the ground, is it the owner of the vehicle who is responsible for the cost of the repairs or is it the thief for not knowing how to properly deny the owner of lawful enjoyment of the car (or should I say tow the car)?

Would de-badging the car limit the liability of the organized crime ring (tow company) due to making it harder to determine at a glance if the car is AWD or not?
i was speaking to a tow truck driver once about this a while ago, i think the tow truck driver is responsible for the damage if he was able to put the car on a dolly or flatbed, ie, if your car was illegally parked in a parking lot

however if your car is parked illegal on a side of the street obstructing traffic or emergency vehicles (in the case of parking near a fire hydrant), then the job of the tow truck driver is to remove your vehicle as fast as they can in a safe manner. the driver told me stories where some cars were "too low to tow", they they would simply break off the front bumpers to gain access to the car.

not sure how valid his claims were, bu thats what this driver told me, and i guess it makes sense

i own an AWD myself, and i'm super scared of getting towed
skiiipi is offline   Reply With Quote