REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:57 PM   #26
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

i saw in the futureshop add today that the xbr is at 899
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2009, 10:08 PM   #27
My homepage has been set to RS

best buy owns future shop... i doubt they care who you buy it from.

O o
/Ż/___________________________ _ __/
| SHOOP DA WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!
\_\ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ Ż ŻŻ\
JHuJHu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:10 PM   #28
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
oh shit

rip off

but same as cars
Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:21 PM   #29
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Sony Bravia 32" XBR9

Futureshop $1399.99
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro...0121979&catid=

Best Buy USA $844.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1218062424675

Now you might say oh the bestbuy says its on sale though BUT that $845 price is also what its being sold for at other retailers in the USA amazon, bhphoto (who ship to canada btw and with shipping is still a 2-300 cheaper than buying the set up here)

Now you might also say that the dollar only started going up recently blah blah blah, BUT other TV's such as the LG32LH40 is roughly the same price in Canada and the USA ($899.99)

the lg32 and 32xbr9 are both new models so Canadian dollar shouldn't be relevant (other examples are also available)

SO anyway WTF futureshop (not just futureshop i think the sony store is the same but they've always been more expensive so i didnt count them)

anyway i was looking for a tv as a gift and just couldn't get over the pricing
I work in the TV department at future shop in Bridgeport and i guarantee you that if that XBR9 is cheaper at any competitor, no matter what size or tv or manufacturer, we will price match it and beat it by 10% of the difference!!! ask for Gabriel! and ill defiantly will keep my word on that and that goes for anything in the store that any other store has a special on we will always match and beat there prices! also if that same tv goes on sale somewhere else and is cheaper then when i gave it to you, i will give you back your money that you overpaid within 30days of your purchase and if we have a sale on that same tv in futureshop same thing goes!
ghosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:46 AM   #30
RS Licensed Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipples View Post
I'm not sure about them only making 20%. I remember my friend using his FS employee discount of cost +10% and he saves a TONNE! of money. much more than just the 20%.
I used to work there.

Newly released TV's have the most markup. They usually sell at full MSRP. Then when no one really buys it, they lower the sale price.

A month or so in is when prices drop quite a bit. All in all, If I staffed a tv it would basically work out to be whatever the sticker price is including tax.

So works out to be about 20ish%. Smaller stores generally have less than 5% markup. Obviously a small store that buys a few dozen TV's won't get much of a deal compared to BB that buys them in the thousands.
#8-2900 Smith St
Richmond, BC

sales@bpgautosound.com
Cman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:47 AM   #31
RS Licensed Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosty View Post
I work in the TV department at future shop in Bridgeport and i guarantee you that if that XBR9 is cheaper at any competitor, no matter what size or tv or manufacturer, we will price match it and beat it by 10% of the difference!!! ask for Gabriel! and ill defiantly will keep my word on that and that goes for anything in the store that any other store has a special on we will always match and beat there prices! also if that same tv goes on sale somewhere else and is cheaper then when i gave it to you, i will give you back your money that you overpaid within 30days of your purchase and if we have a sale on that same tv in futureshop same thing goes!
Heh heh

You're a keener!
#8-2900 Smith St
Richmond, BC

sales@bpgautosound.com
Cman333 is offline   Reply With Quote