REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2009, 08:20 PM   #51
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,650
Thanked 348 Times in 165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowpower View Post
Oh and a upside to this, is that it doesn't matter if the car is impounded or not.

Btw, will I get a penalty or a criminal record for sure? Is there anyway I could avoid going to court if I am caught?

I know risking my ass isn't worth it , but I really want to drive around for one day to get to some places around Vancouver with my gf and friends haha.
It seems you are just here to get acceptance from RS to give you the go ahead to drive the car. so yes DO IT! Just because someone else has done it and gotten away I am sure you will too. I am also very sure all other road participants will drive very careful around you because they know you have no license and the car does not belong to you.
Advertisement
Carl Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:20 PM   #52
Banned By Establishment
 
Shun Izaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 2
Thanked 266 Times in 124 Posts
on a + note, i drove without a valid driver's license for 3 months because I forgot to renew it, and that's with my stupid heatscore car XD
Shun Izaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:22 PM   #53
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"
 
The_AK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 8,132
Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowpower View Post
say if i DONT get into an accident but i just get pulled over.

Because right now, the insurance is intact. If the cops run the plate it will say *blah blah blah *name of car*, *name of colour* , *name of owner* right?

And if i dont look too heaty they wont pull me over so i should be all good because everything is fine , EXCEPT the driver.
If thats the case,
Remove your backwards baseball cap, hide the blunt, and speak to the officer properly without a slurr. Shouldn't look too heaty then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Johnson View Post
It seems you are just here to get acceptance from RS to give you the go ahead to drive the car. so yes DO IT! Just because someone else has done it and gotten away I am sure you will too. I am also very sure all other road participants will drive very careful around you because they know you have no license and the car does not belong to you.
I agree, its Ok if the internet tells you so.
__________________
I'm so stance my roof rack got a roof rack

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP


Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:37 PM   #54
Rs has made me the man i am today!
 
GordonTse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Surrey
Posts: 3,327
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
i can't even take this guy serious with his responses.. he says he isn't trying to show off, but clearly he is when he says he wants to drive around for a day with his gf and friends in that "300hp beast". and the fact he says "Oh and a upside to this, is that it doesn't matter if the car is impounded or not." just means he doesn't give a fuck about anything, like wow. this guy needs to smarten up. how is getting a car impounded the upside of this situation?? the upside to this is that the OP fucking doesn't try to show off and just fucking take transit with his gf and friends. then we can all thank RS for telling this fool not to drive and kill others.
__________________
'08 TW FA5
GordonTse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:06 PM   #55
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
Mancini's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,920
Thanked 304 Times in 155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowpower View Post
Haha thanks for the motivation!

From reading everyones response, I am now paranoid. And for the ones that are scared that I will crash or hit someone, I am telling you this, I will drive with care and will not speed or test a 300 HP beast.
You don't need to be careless, reckless or even speeding for something to go wrong. For instance, a tire blowout. And you can still be blamed even though you did nothing wrong.

Don't do it.
Mancini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:03 AM   #56
easy e
 
saiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: burnabee
Posts: 3,593
Thanked 111 Times in 48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jun Kitami View Post
on a + note, i drove without a valid driver's license for 3 months because I forgot to renew it, and that's with my stupid heatscore car XD
How's a stock rsx with aftermarket wheels a heatscore?

Again to the OP, I'll see you at the REVscene.net meet! It's going to be great!!
__________________
My Feedback
Go CANUCKS!!
saiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:15 AM   #57
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
Qmx323's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Richmond
Posts: 4,767
Thanked 2,524 Times in 833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowpower View Post
Please dont bash/flame etc.
I find this hard to do.

1) You don't have a license. If you do get into an accident, you're fucked. Your fault or not, everything will be pointing towards you, because

- You don't have a valid class 5/7N license (Saying "I know how to drive" won't help you there with the cops)
- Your name is not insured under the car. (You pay for ALL EXPENSES out of your own pocket, but with the feeling that you just don't give a fack. I'm assuming you're a MaD bALLeR that just don't give a fack.)

2) Accidents.

- "I'm going to drive as safely as humanly possible" No. You may be the best mother f*cking driver out there, some C-Lai/Fob/Old Person may still T-bone/Rear-end/Fender-Bender you. Accidents are only avoidable to a certain extent.

3) Common sense.

- Not much needs explaining here, man.

PS: You don't have a license because you're not old enough? Or simply just never got one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowpower View Post
I know risking my ass isn't worth it , but I really want to drive around for one day to get to some places around Vancouver with my gf and friends haha.
Then don't. 1 Day of fun (maybe a blow job LOL) isn't worth a lifetime criminal record. I care because I've almost done this exact thing with my mom's car, except I at least had my L :P
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:26 AM   #58
I don't get it
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Surrey
Posts: 403
Thanked 65 Times in 19 Posts
Not trying to be a bitch but correct me if I'm wrong. You tell us you don't have a license and that you're going to be driving a car that doesn't belong to you. Sounds like those kids that go around selling dope for other people using a car that's not under there name. I'm not saying you are, just sounds weird how you also say you will try not to be "heat"
yamahar6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:37 AM   #59
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
LenovoTurbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: H2K
Posts: 1,002
Thanked 290 Times in 100 Posts
Its either you drive it or dont. Flip a coin.
LenovoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:39 AM   #60
The "You'd Know" Moderator
 
impactX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Home
Posts: 20,930
Thanked 274 Times in 139 Posts
Not licensed to drive = the insurance won't cover you even if you are not at fault in the accident. Eg: someone ran a red and crashed into you, someone rearended you, you would still be at fault because you aren't supposed to be on the road. Happened before and will happen again.

Unless you want ICBC to come after you or your family (assuming you aren't an adult) for $$$, then don't do something this stupid. You have a choice.
__________________
08 CBR600RR
03 IS300

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
impactX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:48 AM   #61
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
Qmx323's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Richmond
Posts: 4,767
Thanked 2,524 Times in 833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowpower View Post
In fact, I will speed, of course everyone does, but obviously not around where cops are known to be or any other crowded area with pedestrians running around on a hot weekend night.
Guilty here. Went 120 testing the acceleration after cleaning my block, changing air filter and engine oil. 2 am Francis Road for the win. Not one mother fucking car on that road.
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:21 AM   #62
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon
 
Nightwalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 7,655
Thanked 443 Times in 188 Posts
I went through a roadblock with no ID, no license, and in someone else's vehicle once. They just let me through.

Results may vary
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinHurricane View Post
who would ban me? lol. Look at my post count.
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:49 AM   #63
Marcosexual Fan Club, CEO
 
Marco911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: US Bush-country
Posts: 7,741
Thanked 823 Times in 284 Posts
Dumb ppl like you need to get raped up the ass by ICBC and the PoPo before you learn to obey the fuckin' law because you are a danger to the rest of society. You obviously don't give a shit about anyone (including the registered owner of the vehicle) except for the "risks to yourself." I know you don't want ppl to judge you, but that's a dirtbag thing to do.
__________________
Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another.
Marco911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:49 AM   #64
RS controls my life!
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Surrey
Posts: 788
Thanked 233 Times in 66 Posts
i wouldn't classify 300 hp as a "beast"

come back when your friends, friend lets you borrow at 500+ hp car.

PS: your a fuckin tool. I do hope you take the car out. I do hope you get in an accident and I do hope you put your family on the hook for the rest of their lives in millions of dollars of debt.

good luck, good fuckin luck.
A-Dev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:52 AM   #65
Hacked RS to become a mod
 
SkinnyPupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sunny Hong Kong
Posts: 52,106
Thanked 23,728 Times in 8,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowpower View Post
I know this is a stupid question
/thread
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:22 AM   #66
cho
sneaky beaky like
 
cho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: vancouver
Posts: 2,262
Thanked 4,512 Times in 638 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
/thread
aw, what am i suppose to read now when i go on rs
__________________
'19 honda civic fk8
cho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:31 PM   #67
Head Moderator
 
Lomac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1982
Location: Great White Nor
Posts: 22,661
Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowpower View Post
Oh and a upside to this, is that it doesn't matter if the car is impounded or not.

Btw, will I get a penalty or a criminal record for sure? Is there anyway I could avoid going to court if I am caught?

I know risking my ass isn't worth it , but I really want to drive around for one day to get to some places around Vancouver with my gf and friends haha.
You say you haven't gotten your licence yet, so how do you know if you're a good driver or not? I look back to when I first started driving, back when I thought I was the shit and knew everything you needed to know, and... oh boy, I knew shit all about driving. It's one thing to think you know how to drive a 300hp "beast," but it's an entirely different thing to actually know how to drive a car, regardless of how much HP or TQ it has. Ignoring the fact that you'd be driving a car unlicenced, ignoring the fact that the car isn't yours, and ignoring the fact that the insurance wouldn't cover you in the event of anything, could you live with yourself if you got into an accident while driving your girlfriend and friend and injured or even killed them, and then be forced to pay out all of their medical bills and the lawsuits that will come your way? Or are you thinking about merely being the "cool" kid who has a car, and simply ignoring the things that could happen?

I had a very expensive car written off by a kid who was unlicenced and uninsured. Yes, ICBC paid me out for it, but then they went after this kid for basically everything he (and his family) owned. The kid is just lucky that I wasn't killed in that accident. Instead of owing $100,000+ for the payment of the car, he could have owed millions from a lawsuit.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 01:50 PM   #68
F**K YOUR HEAD
 
ilvtofu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: vancouver
Posts: 8,718
Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
^ i totally agree, the question is, not whether he is a good driver or not, but has he even driven before, outside of video games and everything,

And I remember my first week with my L and how I thought I knew everything from watching others, and go carting, dune buggies, etc. It's completely different from driving on the road and in the city.

This kid is just an idiot, we're just feeding him the attention that he wants, I suggest closing this thread. Clearly the reason he wants to drive is for attention, which he'll get tons of when he gets in an accident.
__________________
Miata
Fiesta
Feedback
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:07 PM   #69
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
quasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Cloverdale
Posts: 11,526
Thanked 3,730 Times in 1,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post

I had a very expensive car written off by a kid who was unlicenced and uninsured. Yes, ICBC paid me out for it, but then they went after this kid for basically everything he (and his family) owned. The kid is just lucky that I wasn't killed in that accident. Instead of owing $100,000+ for the payment of the car, he could have owed millions from a lawsuit.
Actually if you died he would have had to pay less then whatever it was he was sued for. If you were permanently fucked up in a wheelchair and had to pay someone to wipe drool from your face and wipe your ass he would have been truly fucked.
__________________



“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:39 PM   #70
Banned By Establishment
 
Shun Izaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Burnaby
Posts: 2
Thanked 266 Times in 124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saiko View Post
How's a stock rsx with aftermarket wheels a heatscore?

Again to the OP, I'll see you at the REVscene.net meet! It's going to be great!!
That wasn't on my RSX :P Besides, the n1, carbon hood (that used to be on there, and the blue corner lights, lack of plates...) i could go on.


................. it was with my riced out civic >_<...
Shun Izaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:41 PM   #71
cho
sneaky beaky like
 
cho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: vancouver
Posts: 2,262
Thanked 4,512 Times in 638 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
Actually if you died he would have had to pay less then whatever it was he was sued for. If you were permanently fucked up in a wheelchair and had to pay someone to wipe drool from your face and wipe your ass he would have been truly fucked.

its only funny untill it actually happens =(
__________________
'19 honda civic fk8
cho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:52 PM   #72
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"
 
The_AK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 8,132
Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jun Kitami View Post
That wasn't on my RSX :P Besides, the n1, carbon hood (that used to be on there, and the blue corner lights, lack of plates...) i could go on.


................. it was with my riced out civic >_<...
pics or didnt happen
__________________
I'm so stance my roof rack got a roof rack

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP


Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:27 PM   #73
RS controls my life!
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: coq
Posts: 702
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
dont do it.
its not worth it.
gti_326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:45 PM   #74
Revscene.net has a homepage?!
 
turbomelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Redmond USA
Posts: 1,255
Thanked 102 Times in 30 Posts
I know this is a stupid question but where can I buy black diamond plated machetes? DONT HATE YO.
turbomelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 04:51 PM   #75
Banned (ABWS)
 
orange7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MacLeod
Posts: 7,298
Thanked 542 Times in 289 Posts
k... now back to reality. It's definitely a risk of more than just money. But honestly, the chance of you getting caught if you don't drive like a douchbag is pretty low. Unless you're driving on No. 3 road where a C Lai hits the car.

I'm not backing up you, in fact I don't think you should be on the road, but the truth is that have a low probability of getting caught.
orange7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net