REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-11-2009, 03:57 PM   #76
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowpower View Post
Excuse me? I started this thread yesterday and you are already judging me? What makes you think I am driving this car to "show off"? Is it because YOU feel that its a privelage that you dont have? I dont have my license because i have'nt gotten it.

How will I be a laughing stock to automotive sites everywhere? I'm sure many people have driven a car without a license, if i was to judge you, i would say you probably have too. In fact, I will speed, of course everyone does, but obviously not around where cops are known to be or any other crowded area with pedestrians running around on a hot weekend night.
I'm judging you base your decision and its not the brightest one at all.
You just said you want to drive this car around with your girlfriend and friends, if that is not showing off then what is?
What? oh, you mean privilege to show off how I can wrap a 300 "beast" around a tree?
You don't have an license. You won't have much experience at all.

Actually no, I never took the risk of driving without a license, because I think towards the future and how it would affect my career, lifestyle and the people related to me.
Yes we all speed, so chances are no matter how careful you think you are, someone speeding will just might ram into you and it'll be you're fault.

I'm pretty sure all of us on here care a great deal about this, because if you get into a car accident, it could be anyone that's related to us. (Eg. family, girlfriend, friends)
Advertisement
Old 06-11-2009, 04:09 PM   #77
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
You know what, forget what I said. Go drive. Why did you even ask on RS if you weren't going to listen to people? Fucking retard. Go wrap the car around a pole and do us all a favour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 05:30 PM   #78
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
exactly, this guy is just a retard
I have a 993 porsche thats a 300 hp beast, with r comps, and a GT2 bodykit, just sitting in my garage, Do I want to drive it? yes, Do I? no, why, because theres no insurance on the thing and I only have an L, even though I can physically handle the car, I don't. Why? because I'm not as dumb as this fuck.

Instead i'm rolling around either in a 40hp insured Smart, or the Z31 that is also insured.
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 06:29 PM   #79
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

listen to everyones post, and don't drive. shit happens, you'll only start to feel regret when you fuck up; "it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt."

if you're going out for a day with your gf and friends, why not just let one of your friends drive? unless you guys are all underage... and being the driver won't "impress" anyone.

you shouldn't wait for revscene to give you the green light, and say it's good to go. the fact that you're thinking about this shit already means you're worried. *refer to my post earlier.

ps. even if there aren't any cops around, why speed? there's still pedestrians and shit out there. fyi, cops don't only use crown vics.
v.Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:36 PM   #80
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
I had a very expensive car written off by a kid who was unlicenced and uninsured. Yes, ICBC paid me out for it, but then they went after this kid for basically everything he (and his family) owned. The kid is just lucky that I wasn't killed in that accident. Instead of owing $100,000+ for the payment of the car, he could have owed millions from a lawsuit.
Here's a real life example of what I've been saying all along.

QFT.
Mancini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:04 PM   #81
My homepage has been set to RS

hmm yes yes, I am reconsidering, thank you all for the inputs and fuck you all for flaming.
yellowpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:09 PM   #82
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliuz View Post
I'm judging you base your decision and its not the brightest one at all.
You just said you want to drive this car around with your girlfriend and friends, if that is not showing off then what is?
What? oh, you mean privilege to show off how I can wrap a 300 "beast" around a tree?
You don't have an license. You won't have much experience at all.

Actually no, I never took the risk of driving without a license, because I think towards the future and how it would affect my career, lifestyle and the people related to me.
Yes we all speed, so chances are no matter how careful you think you are, someone speeding will just might ram into you and it'll be you're fault.

I'm pretty sure all of us on here care a great deal about this, because if you get into a car accident, it could be anyone that's related to us. (Eg. family, girlfriend, friends)

Yes, its a privilege to drive a nice car without expenses coming out of my pocket (but from reading everybody's comments there will be future expenses that will ruin my future). BUT I am purely looking only to use the car as transportation to point A and to point B, its only a coincidence that I have such a nice car to drive, in no way am I looking to show off to my friends. However, the influence of a 300 hp car really did appeal to me at first, but now i guess I have to get someone else to drive (which I hate because a G37 is fuckin sexy)
yellowpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:31 PM   #83
F**K YOUR HEAD

^lol u gave it away! G37 isn't really a beast though, if it's stock, and who just leaves their G37 lying around so that someone like you can easily get to it!?!?!?

but I hope you learnt that the risk associated with doing this is not worth the benefits.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:47 PM   #84
The "You'd Know" Moderator

The point A to point B argument is only for people who are licensed to drive; you aren't. Why would you feel the need to drive from point A to point B when could take public transportation from point A to point B?

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
impactX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:06 AM   #85
cho
sneaky beaky like

Thanked 4,512 Times in 638 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by impactX View Post
The point A to point B argument is only for people who are licensed to drive; you aren't. Why would you feel the need to drive from point A to point B when could take public transportation from point A to point B?
zing!
Old 06-12-2009, 11:57 AM   #86
F**K YOUR HEAD

especially when you've been living without it for so long, it shouldn't be a problem to take transit? or Parents? Maybe he's adopted... oh wait adopted kids have parents too...
Old 06-12-2009, 05:46 PM   #87
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

dude can you explain HOW tha fuck someone is just leaving their g37/friends g37 for you to drive? that's like 50grand in the hands of some unlicensed kid who wants to impress his gf...??

you must know some crazy people. how would you know where the cops are going to be? i've tried that.. still get speeding tickets. how old are ya?

awesome thread
kgatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:52 PM   #88
Rs has made me the man i am today!

g37 eh?? not bad. you won't handle it, period. doesn't matter how much power it's got, you got no license. you couldn't even handle a 100hp civic.

/thread. show off.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:17 AM   #89

why would someone even think about drving a car that they dont have insurance for and especially if they don't have a license.. are you a 12 year old child?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowpower View Post
for the cops who patrol the forum.
paranoid much?
r.attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:29 AM   #90

anyone notice that people have all these stupid questions that shouldnt even be asked and then they just put DONT HATE behind it expecting everyone to say ok!

i have a question---

I want to go and kidnap someone... shove them in my trunk and drive around hopped up on ether in a super fast car. Then afterwards i might set the car on fire but its ok cause i let the person out of the trunk first. any suggestions for how i can do this without any consequences....? .....wait for it

dont hate!
r.attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:07 AM   #91
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,130 Times in 1,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r.attack View Post
anyone notice that people have all these stupid questions that shouldnt even be asked and then they just put DONT HATE behind it expecting everyone to say ok!

i have a question---

I want to go and kidnap someone... shove them in my trunk and drive around hopped up on ether in a super fast car. Then afterwards i might set the car on fire but its ok cause i let the person out of the trunk first. any suggestions for how i can do this without any consequences....? .....wait for it

dont hate!
have you thought about wearing a mask to the person won't see your face?

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote