REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 10-27-2009, 07:39 AM   #26
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,177 Times in 614 Posts
call ahead or even email them for the crawfish boil, they dont always have it =/
Advertisement

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
REV Competition | JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Drive Hard Performance | the Blackmarkers Clothing | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:22 PM   #27
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,258 Times in 474 Posts
Yeah last time I went I was so excited to try the Crawfish boil but they said they only do it once in a while for special events... they usually fall on Friday/Saturday so I can never go since I work those days ... I hope they eventually do one on a Sunday!

"Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if tomorrow will be your last." ~ James Dean

"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." ~ Ferdinand Porsche

Formerly known as AznSiR

In Chronological Order
R.I.P.
1982 Toyota Corolla
2000 Honda SiR
2002 Lexus IS300
1989 Honda Civic
1986 Toyota AE86 頭文字 (イニシャル) D
2000 Porsche 996

Current
2015 Cayman S
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:38 PM   #28
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,498 Times in 1,516 Posts
w0w that food looks so yummy

It's not the steroids that makes the champion but it's hard training .. dedication, the diet and sacrifice and genetics that person has.. what makes the champion.
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:47 PM   #29
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,776 Times in 507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by halogodv2 View Post
w0w that food looks so yummy
x2
hotong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:39 AM   #30
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 4,316 Times in 373 Posts
video reminded me of this joint... im so hungry for some crawfish right now

[youtube]RPeeIKWyQkI&feature=rec-fresh+div-r-7-HM[/youtube]
ShanghaiKid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:08 AM   #31
2013, 2016 & 2017 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

When do they usually have the crawfish boil and is it worth going for just their regular menu without the crawfish boil?

Last edited by HonestTea; 03-22-2010 at 01:16 AM.
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:35 AM   #32
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenson Button View Post
When do they usually have the crawfish boil and is it worth going for just their regular menu without the crawfish boil?
You just missed a crawfish boil at Alligator Soul this past March 13. No future boils are on the calendar at the moment. They're usually on Saturdays and will become more frequent in the months ahead.

Alligator Soul is definitely worth visiting for the regular menu. I would argue that the crawfish etoufee is a tastier meal than the crawfish boil, as it requires less effort to eat and uses the fat of the crawfish for flavouring (yellow stuff in the head area). Other great offerings include the beignets (savory appitizer with white gravy or sweet dessert), hush puppies, gumbo, and jambalaya.
jlo mein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:36 PM   #33
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,258 Times in 474 Posts
You should join their mailing list if you want updates on when they will have their next Crawfish boil. Seems like they haven't had many recently. I saw only 1 in the last few months? I missed the one on March 13th as it was so last minute... hopefully I will be able to make it out to the next one.

I tried the regular menu, it wasn't "wow" ... but definitely looking forward to try the Crawfish boil!... sucks that it's pretty much ONLY on Saturdays and I have to work
(They had one of the best Onion Soups I've ever had)

"Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if tomorrow will be your last." ~ James Dean

"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." ~ Ferdinand Porsche

Formerly known as AznSiR

In Chronological Order
R.I.P.
1982 Toyota Corolla
2000 Honda SiR
2002 Lexus IS300
1989 Honda Civic
1986 Toyota AE86 頭文字 (イニシャル) D
2000 Porsche 996

Current
2015 Cayman S
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:00 AM   #34
2013, 2016 & 2017 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

A long fucking drive down there in treacherous weather conditions and it was not worth it, IMO. The drive down there was about 2hrs and 15-30minutes or so if we drove straight there but we elected to stop at Seattle Premium Outlet and Alderwood. At 7pm we left the outlets and made our way towards Alligator Soul, we arrived close to 8pm and got sat right away. Their were A LOT of empty tables and only about 4-5 tables were occupied, but meh we drove all the way here and we might as well try it out.

We ordered three dishes, the Crawfish Etoufee, Crawfish Beigneits and the Crispy Chicken Gumbo. The Crawfish Beigneits were decent but it was mainly just flour and nothing too special. The Crawfish Etoufee wasn't good, small pieces of crawfish and it was too salty. The Crispy Chicken Gumbo tasted like over-salted gravy with over-salted Deep-fried chicken with some rice, definitely not good. They used way too much salt in each of their Gumbo and Etoufee dish.

It was quite disappointing after hearing the rave reviews from a few RS members but I personally would not be coming back to this place, I think I'd rather eat @ Eagles Buffet/Olive Garden or The Keg next time.

2/10

Last edited by HonestTea; 03-30-2010 at 02:28 AM.
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:50 PM   #35
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

FYI: Alligator Soul is having a Crawfish boil Saturday April 10 from 11AM-3PM. Make no mistake, if you hate peeling shrimp for a meal, you're not going to like a crawfish boil. However if you love really spicy crawfish and like having a little fun with your food you'll have a good time.

Jenson Button, I'm sorry to hear you had a poor experience. Over seasoning/salting seems to be part of the Southern style of cooking so you either love it or hate it. I remember watching Jamie Oliver's American Roadtrip and he tried to cook a few Southern staples and serve it to the locals, who all told him he didn't season the dishes enough. My opinions on Alligator Soul may sound over enthusiastic simply because I love Southern food and they do it better than anywhere here locally, even more so since Dadeo's closed on Cambie St a couple years ago. If you've ever eaten at Ouisi Bistro (decent) or Big Al's Soul Food (subpar) in Vancouver, you may realize how special Alligator Soul is.
jlo mein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:41 PM   #36
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,392 Times in 503 Posts
i had a huge expectations regarding this place. i was really disappointed.

they had live band playing so it was nice but seriously, i had the Alligator bites. Seriously, they were smaller than freaking popcorn shrimp. we had 4 people eating there and we barely got 7 pieces to share. We all had one piece and the 3 other piece were the size of pop corn shrimp. It was served with regular fries and just sprinkled with lots of paprika on the size. It was deep fried and it does taste different.

I had the Catfish hushpuppies, it was decent. The hushpuppies were pretty good, not oily at all.

Seafood Jambalaya was ok, it did haev a lot of crawfish that were the size of my pinky, it was... ok.

i'm going to og back again and try the crawfish but i really hope its better.

Even if you win, you're still retarded.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote