REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-15-2009, 07:23 AM   #26
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
^right clearly Maxx just wants to brag about his parking skills, but as you can see I don't drive a tank and can't merely push the bus and the cars behind it out of my way in reverse...
Advertisement
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:26 AM   #27
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Situation #1 i would not force my way in. As someone pointed out, chances are you're gonna get keyed.
Gnomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:37 AM   #28
SFICC-05*

That extra 10 seconds to find another parking spot isn't worth having your car keyed

How are these even dilemmas? Man the fuck up and solve it yourself. Just find another spot or ask the guy to leave, how hard is that? "Dilemma"? I think not.
chun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:50 AM   #29
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chun View Post
That extra 10 seconds to find another parking spot isn't worth having your car keyed

How are these even dilemmas? Man the fuck up and solve it yourself. Just find another spot or ask the guy to leave, how hard is that? "Dilemma"? I think not.
You're missing the point. It's not going to be only 10 seconds if that was the only spot available.

And these are small real life dilemmas. The OP have problem solving it so he does whatever reasonable people would do, ask.
Gnomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:51 AM   #30
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

situation 1 - is asking for disaster, i was at metrotown during boxing day and watched two idiots duke it out over a parking spot after his g/f tried to save the spot by standing in it. What a mess, and all for a stupid parking spot.
twixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:54 AM   #31
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxx View Post
get the fuck out of kerrisdale. its people like you that jam up the bloody 41st all the time. if you missed your chance, go around! FIND ANOTHER SPOT!

and for the fat guy, who cares.. find another spot, wtf u plp complainin for.
i think u shud get the fuck outta kerrisdale LOL

its people like you who piss everyone off
Durrann1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:55 AM   #32
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,277 Times in 1,633 Posts
reality is, no one has the right to reserve a public parking spot in any circumstances. but the other reality is, your car is probably gonna get fucked up pretty bad by the person who thinks they have that right to do so.

damned if you do, damned if you don't. if that's not a dilemma i don't know what is.

and keep in mind, this is a "what if" not a bitching story about how a fat guy literally prevented the OP from getting a spot.
spoon.ek9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:31 AM   #33
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Situation#1 - Sorry to say but maybe the fat guy ate his vehicle, hence it is his spot. Move on.

Situation#2 - I respect bus drivers, but WHY THE FUCK DO THEY THINK THEY ARE KING OF THE ROAD. If they pull over to pick up passengers...ok! But as soon as the last passenger is in, they put the signal and CUT IN right away. Sometimes they don't even signal. They need to shoulder-the-fuck-check and stop with the power trip. Don't get me wrong, I give them plenty of room to do their thing, but when they KNOW you approaching or right next to them, they cut in anyway.
vo_hantu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:35 AM   #34
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvtofu View Post
So I got two instances, wondering what I should Do

1. So today I was at the empire parking lot next to parker place, and as you probably know, Ground floor doesn't have much parking spaces on sundays, This fat guy 300+ lbs was standing in a spot, probably saving it for someone. I ended up driving past and finding another spot about 4 spaces from him. But say I wanted that spot and it was the only one. What should I do? Do I clutch in and rev at him? Do I wave my fist/ steering wheel club at him? Do I ask him politely to leave? "sir do you realize you are standing in my parking spot?"
Do I pretend to not notice him and back in? I mean if you are standing/walking on a parking lot (not sidewalk) should it be considered jay walking, meaning I have every right to run him over?

2. I was on 41st in Kerrisdale across from Orange Corner and wanted to parallel on 41st on a friday afternoon. Again this is a fairly busy street and it would obviously annoy other drivers to do this. Also this would block my entire flow of traffic on my side for about 10 secs. I signal and move in front. Then the bus driver behind me decides that he doesn't like what i'm doing and nudges forward, I reverse a bit and he honks at him because I would hit him.

If I do hit him, could I BS and say he rear ended me?

I could've stayed there the whole day and wasn't in a rush, so it would be to his disadvantage to block my spot, since he's the one with a schedule. Should I do that? even though it would be difficult for him to back up or pass me because of the traffic?

i doubt next time if a bus blocks my parallel parking I will drive away even though this time I did. Now that I think about it, I have nothing to lose to pretty much park there and see who's first to back off. Or do I?
I pretty much agree with what has been already said for both scenarios

However, I'm just curious..was it necessary to mention that the guy was 300 lbs+? (factoring into decision making?) I mean dont get me wrong, I'm not here to defend fat ppl but I'm just wondering what RS would do if the person saving the spot was some ridiculously hot Asian chick?
Old 06-15-2009, 10:40 AM   #35
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

well that's a no brainer "move bitch, before i ruin your meal ticket of a face and body with my car".

either that or offer to buy her some lv/gucci and possibly score with her on top of getting a parking spot hahah.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:02 AM   #36
I don't get it

1) As others have mentioned, it's not worth getting your car keyed if you have a nice car. If 'nice car' doesn't apply to you, I'd definitely grab the spot if there are no other spots available. I'd politely tell them, that they don't have a right to reserve public parking spots. I bet chances are they'd move if you threaten (politely) to get security. I think being polite first is key because chances are they will understand and not wanna take revenge on your car.

I love the idea of taking down the bus number for #2. Although I don't know what I'd do if it was just another car, not a bus? Assuming it's rush hour, I really wouldn't wanna circle around either. What could you do if it was just another car? Take down the plate and do what? That's what I'm wondering in case it happens to me.
E=mc˛ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:06 AM   #37
F**K YOUR HEAD

Lol i think maxx lives in kerrisdsale so he can't just move out of kerrisdale

^^lol chestnut, it would be completely different had it been a hott azn chick!

lol spoon were u quoting that richmond guy about the bitching GF?
Old 06-15-2009, 01:23 PM   #38
Banned By Establishment

lol, these arn't even problems.

1.) back up, honk, yell, rev, drop clutch, cut up dead body, and put in trunk.

2.) not worth it, just keep going, Kerissdale has MANY spots (if you know where you're going). I was around there for 2-3 months and managed to learn them all. Must you have your rockstar parking in exchange for getting your car keyd?
Shun Izaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:42 PM   #39
F**K YOUR HEAD

^
1. That's just ...

2. The bus driver ain't gonna key my car if I park outside Orange corner and can see it from there. but this situation is not just in kerrisdale, It's for whenever a bus driver blocks ur spot even after you clearly indicate it
Old 06-15-2009, 02:25 PM   #40
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chestnut View Post
I'm not here to defend fat ppl but I'm just wondering what RS would do if the person saving the spot was some ridiculously hot Asian chick?
I wouldn't give two shits. I won't put her above me, and let her reserve that spot because she's hot. You're just letting her take advantage of you. I want the spot, then after I park the car, I'll get her # too. But my priority would be parking the car.
v.Rossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:26 PM   #41
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

1. i would not risk getting keyed or any damage to my car.... because if i was in that dudes position(even tho standing in a spot is stupid) and someone almost fake runs me over, thinking about fucking his car up would definitely cross my mind.
Anjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:34 PM   #42
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

I have scenrio 1 happened to me a couple of times. The only thing I'm worried is that the guys will damage my car when I leave. If I drive a POS car then I'd definitely pull the park-halfway-into-the-spot move

How I wish I can remain ignorant, why do I know so much?
q0192837465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:56 PM   #43
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvtofu View Post
Lol i think maxx lives in kerrisdsale so he can't just move out of kerrisdale

^^lol chestnut, it would be completely different had it been a hott azn chick!

lol spoon were u quoting that richmond guy about the bitching GF?
nope! haha.. chances are, if you offer girls something superficial like that it will at least make them think about it. higher success rate if you drive an expensive or highly modified car hahah...

hell, apparently buying a girl a meal these days gets you some poon.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:34 AM   #44
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chestnut View Post
However, I'm just curious..was it necessary to mention that the guy was 300 lbs+? (factoring into decision making?) I mean dont get me wrong, I'm not here to defend fat ppl but I'm just wondering what RS would do if the person saving the spot was some ridiculously hot Asian chick?
Perhaps the reason why its a 300 lbs+ guy is because it stands out more in the story than just some skinny looking dude, though the hot asian chick will def stand out more.

As for what i would do, I'd ask for her number to distract her (her actually giving it out would be a plus) and then politely say "now beat it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXQBLGH View Post
What could you do if it was just another car? Take down the plate and do what? That's what I'm wondering in case it happens to me.
It should be easier, screw getting out of your car and taking down the plate.
You just wait...until that person gets pissed and change lane (easier for a car to do so than a huge ass bus in rush hour traffic), at which point you have some space to perform the parallel park. Unless the asshole behind the previous asshole decides to do the same thing. rinse and repeat.
TracerFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:11 AM   #45
F**K YOUR HEAD

The guy was actually 300+ lbs this wasn't a story I made up lolz

I'm liking the idea about the stand your ground for the parallel situation,

But still looking for answers about reserving spaces in parking lots.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:20 AM   #46
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

it wouldn't matter if the girl was hot cuz deep inside you know yourself you're hotter lol so she should be moving the frack outta the way

anyways.. enough confidence boost for one day..
scheng924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:21 AM   #47
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

scenario #1 there is a chance once u leave that the guy is gonna do sumtin fucked to ur car. so ide ask y hes there and if hes savin it for someone just move on its not worth the hassle.
billboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:34 AM   #48
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
Yeah, if I got the fatman to fuck off, I wouldn't feel secure leaving the car lol.
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:51 AM   #49
F**K YOUR HEAD

lol he might sit on my car, It's fragile enough as it is...
Maybe he was just walking on the sidewalk and fell into the parking lot but didn't have any energy left so he just stood there. Maybe he wasn't saving the spot for someone
Old 06-17-2009, 02:33 AM   #50
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Him sitting on your car is probably an idea he contemplated...seeing as how sitting on a car does not get you in trouble like keying one.

Scenario 1:
Fat guy: *keys your car*
Cop on patrol/Passerby: "Hey fattie! what are you doing to that car?!"
Fat guy: *Attempts something similar to running but not quite*

Scenario 2:
Fat guy: *Sits on your car*
Cop on patrol: "What are you doing sir?"
Fat guy: "Nothing officer, just sitting on MY car waiting for friends"
Cop on patrol: "Okay." *Leaves*
Passerby: *gives the 300 lbs+ guy a weird look and leaves*

If scenario 2 really happened, your 1 broken shock will turn into 4 broken ones
TracerFX is offline   Reply With Quote